Team vs Exeter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Team vs Exeter

Post by RagingBull »

LE18 wrote:Iain I admire your loyalty to Cockers etc but this an is a big star who we all want to see during his short stay, no doubt he is on big money, the home supporters want to see more than just 1 appearance and may feel they have a right to know if he is injured or just rotated.
But they don't have a right TBH.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Iain wrote:Why SHOULD they give you an update on every injured player? That's absurd.

Cockerill will say if he's asked I'm sure. But expecting the club to pre-empt that and provide a list of all injuries... why exactly? Marvelous sense of entitlement right there.
I didn't say every injured player, I don't expect an excel spread sheet of all injuries etc!!

I tried (but obviously unsuccessfully) to make the point that JDV is rather a special case....and just as LE18 says it would be rather nice to know if our big expensive South African star is injured or not!

It really was just a small point, no real need for all this big debate!
Soggypitch
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I think we have to accept that the days of the '1st XV' are over. Selection from a squad where rotation is key will be determined by the DoR/Coach considering who's in form; the opposition; the pitch/weather conditions; the importance of the match; how well certain players mesh together; who 'needs a game' and, of course, availability/injury status.

Much as we want to hear about all of these considerations, it's not feasible to expect the DoR to explain every selection in detail - and that includes injuries.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

RagingBull wrote:
LE18 wrote:Iain I admire your loyalty to Cockers etc but this an is a big star who we all want to see during his short stay, no doubt he is on big money, the home supporters want to see more than just 1 appearance and may feel they have a right to know if he is injured or just rotated.
No we don't have a "right" RB but we are loyal supporters, and most of us spend a lot of money supporting Tigers one way or another, so ok it is not our right, but perhaps it would be polite/informative, or is that too much to ask?!
Soggypitch
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Edit as OT.

Will be interesting to see the dynamic between Betham and Manu, esp in defence.
Last edited by RagingBull on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Soggypitch wrote: It really was just a small point, no real need for all this big debate!
True enough, prob could be a huge thread on it's own.

Anyway back to the important things in life.

Why did we let waldrom go!!!
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

Soggypitch wrote:
RagingBull wrote:
No we don't have a "right" RB but we are loyal supporters, and most of us spend a lot of money supporting Tigers one way or another, so ok it is not our right, but perhaps it would be polite/informative, or is that too much to ask?!
Completely agreed.

Cockers doesn't use his few brain cells. If JDV/Manu/Ayerza/2 Youngs/Cole aren't in the team, they are household names and he should explain why.

Helps to sell the brand and gets supporters feeling more involved and in the know.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Curiosity is perhaps the better word?

Oh by the way, someone said our gate was low for this match, wouldn't playing him at home help to bost the gate, rest him, if that's what it is, away. Do the home supporters a favour let's see our big stars!
Last edited by LE18 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

[/quote]
Cockers doesn't use his few brain cells. If JDV/Manu/Ayerza/2 Youngs/Cole aren't in the team, they are household names and he should explain why.

Helps to sell the brand and gets supporters feeling more involved and in the know.[/quote]

Yes and also Williams x 2...and Slater...and O'Connor...then there's better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... :smt026
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

But big stars sell tickets, remember George Best coming to Filbert Street.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote:But big stars sell tickets, remember George Best coming to Filbert Street.
Was that the game he played on his own...or the one with Nobby Stiles, Bobby Charlton, Dennis Law, Cristiano Ronaldo, Brian Kidd, Alex Stepney etc etc etc?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

If some one is starting a first team match for Leicester Tigers they are a big star, if they have international caps they are bigger stars but in a Leicester shirt they are just one of the team. Should they think they are special they have no place at Leicester if the fans think they are special they are very lucky but they then have to prove themselves every week.
Our coaching staff select the team they believe best suited for a particular match or in the long term interest of the club, explanatory information to the fans may be nice but it may also reveal tactical details to the opposition, true fans will be at the match whatever the make-up of the team.
PAW

Post by PAW »

RagingBull wrote:Edit as OT.

Will be interesting to see the dynamic between Betham and Manu, esp in defence.
That was my thought also. JDV and Smith are disciplined organisers (as was AA), Betham and Manu are more infantry than generals. However, both wonderful going forward so as long as we score more points, I'll be happy. 49-35 anyone? :smt003
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

darganj wrote:Cockers doesn't use his few brain cells.
The reasons may be useful to the opposition, either in this or upcoming games. Even the lack of reasons will keep them guessing. This is why so often Cockers makes a statement about fitness which then turns out to be incorrect. It may not be overly sophisticated but he is certainly using his few brain cells more than some posters on here. Or do you assume teams don't study each others squads and game play? Or is there some way you expect him to tell you and still be confident that the opposition won't find out? :smt017
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

LE18 wrote:Curiosity is perhaps the better word?

Oh by the way, someone said our gate was low for this match, wouldn't playing him at home help to bost the gate, rest him, if that's what it is, away. Do the home supporters a favour let's see our big stars!
Sorry but I don't agree with that.

He should play the squad he thinks will win, and do what he thinks will be best for the team for the rest of the season.