Tigers v Chiefs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Chiefs

Post by G.K »

Ok so poor run of form and three losses followed by an improvement last weekend until the last 20 minutes (so I understand) and a bonus point win.

Now comes a tougher test because if we can't beat Chiefs at home then I don't think we have much change beating them away should we meet in the play offs.

Pretty critical too because a few more losses and we won't even make the play offs (will that be yet another first?).

Chiefs also seem to have been a bit hit and miss recently so I think it will come down to who clicks on the day. Hopefully with out new underground high tech training facility that will be Tigers.

Thoughts?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by The Boy Dave »

Very evenly matched for me and could come down to the bounce of the ball on the day.
Chiefs are a clinical side though, I think the biggest try scorers in the league and with one of the best points differences so best not give them cheap points and need to take our chances when they come.
Cheery chappy
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

The Officials for Sunday are :- Referee Matthew Carley with Assistants :- Andrew Jackson & Paul Dix. With Graham Hughes who many regard as the fairest & best TMO.
Exeter will have Ewers back so we need a great back row, I am confident :smt045
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

Very worried about the Exeter pack - they are a very well drilled unit and strong in all areas . I hope that Mulipola starts at TH to give a bit of grunt .If we scrape a win against Exeter we shall do well.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I think we know what Exeter will bring. I personally have no idea what Tigers will bring. Not sure what the Irish game told us. I watched it last night and some of the tries were great. But it was hard to tell how much was down to poor Irish defence. Irish didn't offer much in attack - you can forget the late tries. All in all, I'm neither brimming with confidence or feeling gloomy about the game. I think to get the result we have to above all else play smart. When to attack from deep, when to kick in behind. Should be a cracking game.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

G.K wrote: Pretty critical too because a few more losses and we won't even make the play offs (will that be yet another first?).

Thoughts?
In the last 5 years 4th place has been achieved with between 65-68 points.I don't think it will be 68 this season - too many teams take points of each other right down the table - but we should target a minimum of 28 point from the remaining 40 available (8 games and we are on 40). 3 narrow losses in next 3 games - say 3 BP - and that would leave 5 BP wins to get... so yes next 3 games define our season.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

rdracup wrote:
G.K wrote: Pretty critical too because a few more losses and we won't even make the play offs (will that be yet another first?).

Thoughts?
In the last 5 years 4th place has been achieved with between 65-68 points.I don't think it will be 68 this season - too many teams take points of each other right down the table - but we should target a minimum of 28 point from the remaining 40 available (8 games and we are on 40). 3 narrow losses in next 3 games - say 3 BP - and that would leave 5 BP wins to get... so yes next 3 games define our season.
The season defining games began with the home loss to Sale, the next three games will define to what extent.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Team news from the Merc - Owen Williams back for Sunday. Looks like no Tom Youngs (this back problem is becoming worry‌ing) or Matt Smith (concussion).
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

The way Tom is walking, it looks like he has a slipped disk?
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

For such a huge match seems lots of empty seats? Is our game televised?
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

kpb wrote:For such a huge match seems lots of empty seats? Is our game televised?
It's on BT Sport.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

kpb wrote:For such a huge match seems lots of empty seats? Is our game televised?
Mothering Sunday - lots won't make it including me. I long for regular Saturday KO's but this season Sunday has been the norm which does not suit me one bit!
Soggypitch
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Interesting that Jones has released J George but retained Cowan Dickie in his training squad for Wales. I get it because George needs game time, where as presumably LCD has been playing for Exeter - but not this weekend!! Which is my point :smt003
Soggypitch
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Soggypitch wrote:Interesting that Jones has released J George but retained Cowan Dickie in his training squad for Wales. I get it because George needs game time, where as presumably LCD has been playing for Exeter - but not this weekend!! Which is my point :smt003
Maybe Manu slipped EJ a fiver?

Big game. The Tigers can't afford to take their 'foot of the gas' this time around. They need the win regardless of it being the Chiefs to make up for the 3 losses. It could have been worse had the other leading sides not slipped up as well. Busy season given the RWC so the clubs that manage well and have a good bench will be there come end of May.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

They need to win for a more important reason anyway - I'm going to be in Exeter today and this week, I don't want the locals having the bragging rights!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.