Farrell must go

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Farrell must go

Post by ellis9 »

So the only thing he is any good at is kicking. Maybe he could try American Football!
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

fortysix wrote:That is the conundrum.. he cant play rugby, he clogs everything up, his tackle count is the worst of all the backs, but he is nerveless when kicking....
He was England's highest tackling back today (8), and fourth highest on the team in total. More importantly than tackling is his co-ordination of Englands defence and their line speed which is top class.

Added to his world class goal kicking, he had an excellent game today.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

He's infinitely better than Ford on current form.

His biggest issue at the moment if Ford is never doing anything other than kicking (telegraphed for the charge down, or Welsh backs retreating before he hoists the up and under) or giving it straight to Farrell who then has people bearing down on him as they know Ford is never going to run it himself.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

"Farrell must go" straight into the 10 jersey next Saturday!! Much as I admire Ford he is really off form and needs to go back to Bath and regain his mojo. He will return, I believe in his character.
Soggypitch
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Soggypitch wrote:"Farrell must go" straight into the 10 jersey next Saturday!! Much as I admire Ford he is really off form and needs to go back to Bath and regain his mojo. He will return, I believe in his character.
Unlikely Ford will regain anything worth having going back to Bath? BY's poor pass lead to the pressure from Biggar. Ford needs to stay where he is. Having two ball-players at 10/12 will give England more options in Paris. Keep the side the same IMO, tho' Goode had a great game for the Sarries maybe he should be slotted in a 15?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

You don't change a winning team. :smt001
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

True you don't change winning team but Ford is a liability at the moment and I hoe that Eddie tries someone different on the summer tour.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Slade or Cipriani at 10
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

LE18 wrote:You don't change a winning team. :smt001
If you take into account the last 30 minutes yesterday then I would say you do. Sure we are now 6N Champions but at times in the 6N have hardly looked convincing and for me the Rugby equivalent of an England batting collapse has never looked far way, as was demonstrated yesterday.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

G.K wrote:
If you take into account the last 30 minutes yesterday then I would say you do. Sure we are now 6N Champions but at times in the 6N have hardly looked convincing and for me the Rugby equivalent of an England batting collapse has never looked far way, as was demonstrated yesterday.
EJ did say after the match that he had wanted to have a look and see how some of the subs played in a "tough" (my word, not his) environment. I interpreted this to mean that the subs were always going to happen regardless of the score. He admitted that this did have a bit of a negative effect on the performance. From the look on his face, I don't think that he was over impressed with the subs in general.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

let's not get carried away, Wales only started to be dangerous when Cole was sin binned, and had the TMO not intervened with the refs decision they may well have lost a man at the same incident
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
G.K wrote:
EJ did say after the match that he had wanted to have a look and see how some of the subs played in a "tough" (my word, not his) environment. I interpreted this to mean that the subs were always going to happen regardless of the score. He admitted that this did have a bit of a negative effect on the performance. From the look on his face, I don't think that he was over impressed with the subs in general.
I expect to see considerable change after the 6N.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

jgriffin wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
G.K wrote:
LE18 "You don't change a winning team. :smt001"

I expect to see considerable change after the 6N.
We are into semantics here. I expect to see more changes immediately after the 6N, more than tinkering at the edges, but not a great deal. IMHO, EJ is going down the evolution path more than the revolutionary one that you seem to be expecting - look at his handling of Itoje, Clifford and Daly. Blooding the young talent that England has will be much easier in the framework of a winning team, with a fair smattering of experience. Lancaster chucked out the great majority of the experience in the England side (some of it for good reason) but it left him with a team that struggled for leadership in difficult circumstances.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I agree with that Cagey. I hope Slade will feature in Australia and perhaps Kevesic on the harder grounds, also I would like to think OTY can force his way back into the squad, once he gets fit!!
Soggypitch
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

There is a core of a good side, perhaps a great side.
The flankers are certainly ageing so come the next world cup there a slots up for the taking. Assuming Hughes opts for England that's one. Who's the 7?
Jamie George returning from injury may be a conundrum for Eddie Jones as he would need to change captain to start him.

Fly half? Ford (not for me) Farrell or Slade?
This may be what determines who plays alongside Manu in the centres. I know there seem to be a number round here who have forgotten just how good he is. At 24 he's starting to regain the form that saw the other centres vying to play alongside him for the Lions before he got injured. Even O'Driscoll was implying that he thought that the rest of them were competing for the one slot. Since then he's hardly had more than a handful of games to get back into form. When he does there are going to be quite a few who may feel the release of 2 years of frustration.

The existing wings will take some shifting but there's talent enough around including our own Thomstone.

Full back - whilst Brown played well, wind the clock on 4 years and he'll be slower and for me out of the reckoning.