Quins

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins

Post by LE18 »

I have always thought that your inside centre was the crash ball guy who makes the space for the outside centre and wingers. Yes most 12 s are also secondary kickers, but the likes of Jamie Roberts and Manu primarily fill the crash ball spot?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

During most of his time at Tigers Manu has played at OC, Allen was generally the starter at IC. Experiments to move him to the wing or to IC have not been successful IMO.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

weather forecast is rain around. Please stay dry. I want to see our back line play.
Last edited by Tomvarndell on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donny
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Donny »

Tomvarndell wrote:I'd personally rather the correct decision but feel now that the TMOs are getting involved for less certain decisions. Take the Newcastle game. He was right to pick up the Matt Tait non try. That was blatant and needed correcting. The first try however by Veainu wasn't conclusive enough for him to overrule the refs decision for me. The Stade Francais match where we scored the wonder try that was ruled out for forward pass was also again harsh. It wasn't certain and he should have stayed out of it. Should be like cricket where only bad decisions get over turned not borderline ones.
Surely this comment is on the wrong thread.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Yes sorry pal
PJ_BECKS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PJ_BECKS »

"Quins v Tigers is free on @btsportrugby tonight even if you don’t have a subscription."

BT Sport 1 at 7pm (kickoff 7:45pm).
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I don't think Manu will need to do too much in his first game back, they will put two players marking him which will leave room for two of the best wingers we have had in a long time to cut 'em to ribbons. That pack will deliver some ball, fancy this could be a riot.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrsss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

tigerburnie wrote:I don't think Manu will need to do too much in his first game back, they will put two players marking him which will leave room for two of the best wingers we have had in a long time to cut 'em to ribbons. That pack will deliver some ball, fancy this could be a riot.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrsss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Apart from stay fit !!!
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
wellstiger wrote:After recent performances are we suggesting A WIN at Quins.

First we need to play like a team.

Don't panic Mr MAINWAIRING......

KEEP CALM CARRY ON
:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
After recent performances, are you suggesting that Quins are nailed on favourites to win? :smt002
IMO No one is nailed on to win in the AP this season, performance has been a big factor in Tigers last few games. My question was ARE WE SUGGESTING A WIN AT QUINS?? With the team line up I say Yes.... :smt005
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

PJ_BECKS wrote:"Quins v Tigers is free on @btsportrugby tonight even if you don’t have a subscription."

BT Sport page saying Bath/Wasps game free but nothing about Quins/Tigers
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

G.K wrote:Why the hell are we dancing to EJ's tune and playing Manu at 12? :smt013
Actually, Manu looks much better at 12, he can take the crash ball without having to think too much. He always looks to be well marked and covered off by the time he gets the ball at 13. With Tait at FB coming in to cover at centre, Manu looked much more comfortable (and effective)at 12.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
PJ_BECKS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PJ_BECKS »

[quote="Farmboy"][quote="PJ_BECKS"]"Quins v Tigers is free on @btsportrugby tonight even if you don’t have a subscription."

BT Sport 1 at 7pm (kickoff 7:45pm).[/quote]
BT Sport page saying Bath/Wasps game free but nothing about Quins/Tigers[/quote]

Rugby Quins Twitter page said tonight's one was free.

https://twitter.com/RugbyQuins/status/7 ... 2809261056
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Farmboy wrote:
PJ_BECKS wrote:"Quins v Tigers is free on @btsportrugby tonight even if you don’t have a subscription."

BT Sport page saying Bath/Wasps game free but nothing about Quins/Tigers
Yes, can't see our game free, could you point us in the right direction please.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Roly wrote:
G.K wrote:Why the hell are we dancing to EJ's tune and playing Manu at 12? :smt013
Actually, Manu looks much better at 12, he can take the crash ball without having to think too much. He always looks to be well marked and covered off by the time he gets the ball at 13. With Tait at FB coming in to cover at centre, Manu looked much more comfortable (and effective)at 12.
Agree with this. Plus if my memory serves it was cockers that said he would be tried at 12 this year before eddie jones did.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

There are three cracking Aviva Premiership Rugby games live on BT Sport this weekend with the first, Harlequins v Leicester Tigers, free for everyone to view on BT Sport Showcase.

Coverage of this game starts at 7pm on Friday on BT Sport 1 and the game can also be viewed free on BT Sport's Showcase channel which is available on Freeview on channel 59. UK viewers can also watch the game online at www.btsport.com, Sky and Virgin Media.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk