Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cipriani on the bus back to Pests

Post by tigercaspian »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35585157

Feel a bit sorry for Sale who took the gamble on him and have rehabilitated him well.
I still hope EJ will find a use for him - drop Ford, put Farrell at 10, and Cips comes on for last 20 minutes ?
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Cipriani on the bus back to Pests

Post by teds »

Or drop both Farrell and ford and start with Cipriani and Slade.
covrich

Post by covrich »

Great signing for the pests.. I think they are going to be the team to beat next year
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

covrich wrote:Great signing for the pests.. I think they are going to be the team to beat next year
I do think we should have been in for him!
covrich

Post by covrich »

floridaboy wrote:
covrich wrote:Great signing for the pests.. I think they are going to be the team to beat next year

It would have been a great signing, but with Williams and Burns already signed up .. I doubt he would have came.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

covrich wrote:
floridaboy wrote:

It would have been a great signing, but with Williams and Burns already signed up .. I doubt he would have came.
As I said yesterday, I don't think that Burns is the answer. He has too many "iffy" games, I would keep Williams and have gone for Cipriani
covrich

Post by covrich »

floridaboy wrote: As I said yesterday, I don't think that Burns is the answer. He has too many "iffy" games, I would keep Williams and have gone for Cipriani
Burns is a mix bag at times but does great stuff others, however I can understand your point, even so Burns has re-signed so it was out of the question.. As a second option he isn't bad.. You could at least say Cipriani will be Wasps no1, it is an area which they are not strong on yet..
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Twelve months ago or so I don't think anyone here would have touched Cips with a barge pole to be at WR.

Funny how things change ? :smt023
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
covrich

Post by covrich »

rocktop51 wrote:Twelve months ago or so I don't think anyone here would have touched Cips with a barge pole to be at WR.

Funny how things change ? :smt023

I would have 12 months ago!!

3 years ago probably not..
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

That is a fascinating move.

I feel a bit sorry for Sale who seemed to be building potential again. That's gotta take the wind out their sails a bit. Especially given Wasps are in a similar situation in terms of building a team. That said, I think people go a bit overboard with Cips. He is a good player but I am not actually that sure he is better than either Burns or Williams. In fact I think Burns and Cips are very similar players.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Ourla, I don't think you were watching very carefully when we lost to Sale, bar his place kicking,
He controlled the game much better than Burns.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

tigercaspian wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35585157

Feel a bit sorry for Sale who took the gamble on him and have rehabilitated him well.
I still hope EJ will find a use for him - drop Ford, put Farrell at 10, and Cips comes on for last 20 minutes ?
Did Danny Boy have to tackle the bus before he could get on it?
Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sajerj »

His 'tackling' for the first and third tries conceded against Worcester was shocking.

I am surprised Diamond didn't substitute him immediately for his attempted tackle on Hougard for the third try. Its hard to believe a professional player could do that to his team.

Eddie Jones was spot on about him. He is a mile away from being a Test Match player.