Can we have a little less "arrogance" on the forum... ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Can we have a little less "arrogance" on the forum... ?

Post by MurphysLaw »

I think I know what the OP means, although I don't think it is widespread across the forum. There is a minority of posters who sometimes have unrealistic expectations and who seem to show little regard for so-called smaller clubs.
This of course is outdated thinking as the AP gets increasingly competitive; on their day, virtually any team can beat another. As evidenced by Newcastle, Wuss, and Sale etc.....
This is no excuse for Tigers recent poor performances...but there really are no easy games.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

You make a fair point Cagey. There has always been a % of arrogance on this forum which some might claim is genetic. It is not good to assume superiority in a sport where it needs to be demonstrated on the pitch and I think it is reasonable to expect professional players to give their all on the pitch. They ought to be physically and mentally knackered by the end of any game and bad days at the office are not a good excuse when there are 23 people involved. Some of the squad may not be happy, fully fit or whatever but the majority of team should show up and team work compensates for weaker brethren.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

My thanks to all who have posted for your considered replies. Just to reiterate, when looking at the next fixture, we need to (and mostly do) factor in current form. Sale and Newcastle may be below us in the table still and neither are one of the more fancied teams, but given a choice, who would other teams in the AP fancy their chances against at this point in time? Sale, Falcons or us? I would say us, because of the very poor performances against the other two.

Hey ho (shrugs shoulders), given current form and levels of performance, this Friday's game has all the ingredients to be an absolute shocker, and I don't mean in a good way. Hopefully not. Time to

KEEP THE FAITH
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Apologies for coming late to this, but I too would like to support you Cagey Tiger.

As I tried to point out after the Sale loss there is sometimes a view suggested by some comments seen on the forum that the only influence on the outcome of games (win or lose) is our own performance.

We forget that sometimes we might win because the opposition didn't play as well as they can or that sometimes we lose because the other team has had good fortune or simply played better (takes deep intake of breath!). Sometimes it might be a combo of the two. Just look at what happened to Sarries yesterday.
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I'm going to get slaughtered ..... But here goes.....

I'm not so Arrogant to believe that any team cannot get bested.
Look at SARRIES-V-THE PESTS.
I'm not so Arrogant to believe we are expected to win every game.
Nor Arrogant enough to expect to be Top four and Quarter final Europe every season.
I am not Arrogant enough to believe the odd player can have an off day.

I am Arrogant enough to expect a team to perform to the exacting standards of a Leicester Tiger. Whether WIN ,LOOSE OR DRAW.
So I believe does Mr Cockrill ( I'm not saying he's arrogant) :smt039
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes although an ardent supporter of the Tigers since 1975, I too find some of the posts beyond belief. Some people seem to think that the world ends outside of Leicester which is far from the case.
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

I think arrogance isn't the correct word as Leicester should expect to beat Newcastle etc.

That isn't arrogance, it is backed up by stats, analysis and form guide.

However, I look at all Prem club forums, and some posters here are the most ONE-EYED out of all posters on all forums.

It is cringeworthy how blinded some people on this forum are about some Leicester players.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

darganj wrote:I think arrogance isn't the correct word as Leicester should expect to beat Newcastle etc.

That isn't arrogance, it is backed up by stats, analysis and form guide.
Sale maybe, Newcastle, depends how far you go back. If you go back 3 weeks prior to Friday, covering the start of the 6N call ups, I would say that Newcastle were the form side, not Tigers. Yes, this very rare but not unheard of. A lot of teams "expected" to beat LCFC at the end of last season. Not unreasonable at the start of their run, but after 5 or 6 of the last 9 games...

But we are agreed that stats, analysis and form play a part in our hopes/expectations. :smt023