Vice Captains?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Vice Captains?

Post by Maidman »

What's with naming the vice captains for England suddenly? I don't recall this ever being done before, and not quite sure of the need to do it now. And! I'm not sure I'd want any of the present vice captains to be captain.

Seems strange? Or am I missing something?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Vice Captains?

Post by JackFlashJonny »

When your leader could be sent off at any minute it is best to have multiple vice captains in case any may be injured or subbed.. :smt003

Or maybe down to a lack of leaders in the squad he is trying to empower others to lead...
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Good idea imho. 2003 was built on having several leaders. Now they talk about pods so it follows that you need pod leaders. Eddie is there to make a difference and it is way of sharing responsibilities on the field. I hope it works because it may enable more heads up rugby as opposed to over coached rugby.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I agree Isambard and Tigers could do worse than follow that example, especially after last Saturday's rudderless performance.
Soggypitch
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Tigers having three vice captains wouldn't have changed last weeks performance and result.

If you have leaders on the field, they will lead whether they are a captain, vice captain or neither.