7:J.Haskell
6:C.Robshaw
5:G.Kruis
4:C.Lawes
3:D.Cole
2.D.Hartley
1:M.Vunipola

Reps: George,Marler,Hill,Launchbury,Itoje,Clifford,Care,Goode

6-2 split on the bench interesting..cannot wait to see Itoje start his England career
Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Italy v England teams

Post by Roly »

Its a good team and should have enough to win in Rome.

Signs that EJ is beginning to experiment with debutants, but no wholesale changes which is sensible.

Itoje really excites me. Quite possibly England's new Martin Johnson and England Captain. He is callow, and he will make mistakes, but he's a super player.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Lets hope the backrow is a bit more switched on and faster this week. Great defensively, Haskell made more tackles than Roberts but not one turnover won last week hence the lack of pace for the back line. Itoje and Clifford should speed things up when the get on the paddock.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
AidanMcDowell

Post by AidanMcDowell »

While I am also looking forward to seeing how Itoje goes I feel for Devoto, dropping out of the 23 altogether. I think he could have made an impression against Italy coming on with 20 to go.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

AidanMcDowell wrote:While I am also looking forward to seeing how Itoje goes I feel for Devoto, dropping out of the 23 altogether. I think he could have made an impression against Italy coming on with 20 to go.
Devoto, Beaumont and Kvesic will feature in this tournament at some point, just not it seems against Italy.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Bit of an odd bench with 2 locks and no wing/centre
MrG
Tiger Cub

Post by MrG »

mol2 wrote:Bit of an odd bench with 2 locks and no wing/centre
I suppose Brown would move to wing and Nowell to 13 if required interesting selection in that we have 23 players only 1 of whom regularly plays centre for his club.

I suppose we could pick someone who plays 6 for his club and pitch him at 12, but no one would be that daft surely.