Franco-English Anglo-French banter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Franco-English Anglo-French banter

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

I know. I apologise. I know it's too early to start this topic. But I'd rather exchange some acceptable banter with my English friends (friends ? bah humbug !) BEFORE Ireland put us to the sword.

So here is my banter : you can not win this year because we have home advantage. Now, you will ask "is that all you could find?" The answer is yes, that's all I could find, and it took me hours of patient reflexion and soul searching.

Ooooooooh poor France ! :smt009
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Franco-English Anglo-French banter

Post by Iain »

L'equipe de France toujours n'a pas le coherence!

La France typique! De temps en temps au match l'equipe a un petit greve!!

(I have a French wife. I'm well versed with cross channel banter even if my French isn't the best!)
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Iain wrote:L'equipe de France toujours n'a pas le coherence!

La France typique! De temps en temps au match l'equipe a un petit greve!!

(I have a French wife. I'm well versed with cross channel banter even if my French isn't the best!)

Thanks Iain, we're off to a good start!

Actually, when you make it to the Stade de France, IF you make it to the Stade de France, the whole bl**dy country will be on strike: air traffic controllers, taxis, UBER (yes, UBER, and they PAID their drivers to goo on strike :smt017 ) you name it!

Geez, I am depressed those days...
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

What's the problem; France are playing well? Well....... :smt017
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

From what I hear the French are just trying to be more English.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/f ... circumflex
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

The French XV is undergoing a period of change under the tutelage of Guy Novès, the former coach of Stade toulousain, who has recently replaced Philippe Saint-André. They scraped a win against Italy - who frankly deserved to win, and will have a more severe test tomorrow against Ireland.
Novès has selected several new players, so expectations are not too high - ok, so some members of the French press will undoubtedly be calling for "la guillotine" if they don't win the Grand Slam, but if they win two or three matches then Novès should be happy.
Will one of those wins be against England, who they play on the last Saturday of the 6N tournament? If the team can build some confidence over the next few games, then the answer could be "yes!"
Semper in excretia
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Robespierre, thank you very much for your help. But that's not proper banter. I invite you to troll this forum with provocative content and sex-related innuendo such as... such as... em...err....

Ho, I don't know, I am too depressed!

:smt009 :smt009 :smt009
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:Robespierre, thank you very much for your help. But that's not proper banter. I invite you to troll this forum with provocative content and sex-related innuendo such as... such as... em...err....

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:Robespierre, thank you very much for your help. But that's not proper banter. I invite you to troll this forum with provocative content and sex-related innuendo such as... such as... em...err....

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Not proper banter you say! Away with you, you bounder!

Keep taking the pills, bonhomme!!
Semper in excretia
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Robespierre wrote:Not proper banter you say! Away with you, you bounder!

Keep taking the pills, bonhomme!!

I need them, I need them! :smt009
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

It seems that Iain needs them too!
Semper in excretia
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Robespierre wrote:It seems that Iain needs them too!
Iain was just willing to oblige! It's a perfect rendition of a scene from "Monty Python, Holy Grail", where the French exchange some banter with Arthur's k-nights ! :smt005

Now one may notice that we French start a civil war before anything else. If Robespierre does not send me to the guillotine, you'll witness great banter soon! :smt023
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Iain wrote:

It's odd that Monty Python allow only one troupe (of cheese-eating surrender monkey) French players to present their fabulous (particularly so in this case) sketches, and in that forgotten language French as well. I took my youngest son to see such a production at Hammersmith Studio (iirc) about 12 years ago. We enjoyed it as much as the cast who were often in fits.

I wonder who in France carries on the tradition of Coluche nowadays?
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

If Robespierre does not send me to the guillotine, you'll witness great banter soon! :smt023[/quote]

Les flics are on their way to get you as we speak!
Run while you have time!
Semper in excretia