Franco-English Anglo-French banter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Franco-English Anglo-French banter

Post by strawclearer »

Robespierre wrote:So, if the Frogs beat the Sweaties this afternoon it will set things up nicely for next Saturday night in Paris when they'll be in with a chance of winning the 6N. Now, who'd have thought that a month or two ago!
If the Frogs beat the Sweaties??? As if!!! The wee boys in skirts have beaten the Froggy chappies (as Mr Marler might say)

Thankyou Scotland!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Och, away wi' ye, strawclearer. Tell me it didnae happen and that the wee froggies won :smt022

But.......... it'd be just like the French to spoil England's Grand Slam, wouldn't it, although it's unlikely to happen. England surely won't let this opportunity slip and I just hope that there won't be the usual raft of second half substitutions (some of which were not necessary) that so nearly cost them the match.
Semper in excretia
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Mr Jones wanted to see how his substitutes p reformed, and clearly wasn't impressed with all of them. He won't risk losing in France, he has made it clear he wants the grand slam.

If Les Bleus turn it on, les rosbifs could have problems.

Allen France! :smt003
Valhalla I am coming!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

fleabane wrote:.

If Les Bleus turn it on, les rosbifs could have problems.

Allen France! :smt003
It's a big IF and of course, anything is possible although............. pigs might fly!

Allez les rosbifs!!
Semper in excretia
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Robespierre wrote:
It's a big IF and of course, anything is possible although............. pigs might fly!

Allez les rosbifs!!
Pigs? Rosbifs? We only need to talk about France coming like lambs to the slaughter and chickening out when England start ducking and diving and we've got the whole farmyard! :smt038
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

strawclearer wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

Allez les rosbifs!!
Pigs? Rosbifs? We only need to talk about France coming like lambs to the slaughter and chickening out when England start ducking and diving and we've got the whole farmyard! :smt038

Don't tell me strawclearer - your name is McDonald and you're a farmer - E I E I O!!!!

Zut!! Merde de taureau!!!
Semper in excretia
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

As the championship is over it would be just like France to pretty much call this performance in. They have nothing to play for. In all my years knowing French people I have literally never seen any of them try hard when they don't need to.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Yes, the French are due to perform well, but as it's been light years since we've witnessed "le French flair", I very much doubt whether we'll see any next Saturday evening.
But then again................. :smt002
Semper in excretia
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

strawclearer wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

Allez les rosbifs!!
You forgot the horseplay that will inevitably ensue from members of the winning team, whichever one it is :smt003
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Sorry not to have called you names during this uber-important week, but I was forced by my banker to perform this thing the French do so reluctantly. I think it is called "work" or something of the kind... It's consists of staying at some strange desk and watching idly a computer screen for a few hours then going home... I prefer forums, anyway.

So, banter : Pah ! Les Rosbifs ! Already celebrating their six nations trophy ! Pah ! They want a Grand Slam now ! Bah, humbug ! We French are invincible at home as recently proven. And huh... er.... hem...

This is going to be a long, dull week-end... :smt011 :smt011 :smt011
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

We English supporters - especially those in France!, are indeed feeling just a bit confident ahead of the Grand Slam match with les froggies.
A year's gloating awaits!!

So ZSF, make sure your box of Kleenex is close by!! (my box is hidden, I hope I won't need it :smt053 )
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

The pre-match atmosphere is building nicely down here and am being told by my froggie friends that the Grand Slam is a dream - although I can tell they're not too confident!!
Needless to say, I'm telling them they're doomed to another defeat by the rosbifs!
Roll on Saturday night!
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Glum faces in the boulangerie this morning - except mine, as I asked for my baguette with a very English accent!
I could hear them thinking - what have you got to smile about!
Semper in excretia
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Robespierre wrote:Glum faces in the boulangerie this morning - except mine, as I asked for my baguette with a very English accent!
I could hear them thinking - :censored: have you got to smile about!
Perhaps because they've realised the only French flair is now supplied by a Fijian wing and a Saffa fullback!!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

True, le "French flair" has been somewhat absent this 6N, but let's not forget that this team is in transition with a new man, Guy Novès at the helm, and a successful team isn't going to be recreated in the near future.
Patience is called for - which many French rugby fans don't have.
Semper in excretia