Newcastle v Tigers - Oh no just gets worse its Greg Garner.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Newcastle v Tigers - Oh no just gets worse its Greg Garn

Post by Roly »

4071 wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote: I would disagree that Wuss and Falcons are poor at this point in time, especially with full strength teams.
Worcester have lost 13 on the trot in all competitions, including two defeats to Zebre.

Newcastle are in better form, and have picked up a lot since going down to Wuss in week 4, but had still managed just 2 Premiership wins this season prior to the weekend. They are a troublesome side, certainly, but they are not a good side. And they certainly shouldn't be beating a decent Tigers side so convincingly (and it's the convincing nature of the defeat that REALLY rankles).
Stop letting the facts get in the way of such an obviously flawed argument.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Newcastle v Tigers - Oh no just gets worse its Greg Garn

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:
4071 wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote: I would disagree that Wuss and Falcons are poor at this point in time, especially with full strength teams.
Worcester have lost 13 on the trot in all competitions, including two defeats to Zebre.

Newcastle are in better form, and have picked up a lot since going down to Wuss in week 4, but had still managed just 2 Premiership wins this season prior to the weekend. They are a troublesome side, certainly, but they are not a good side. And they certainly shouldn't be beating a decent Tigers side so convincingly (and it's the convincing nature of the defeat that REALLY rankles).
Stop letting the facts get in the way of such an obviously flawed argument.
And stop letting your lack of understanding of English make you misinterpret my post. I didn't say they were good, I said they are not poor when at full strength. Something that 4071 effectively agrees with by calling them troublesome. You can play badly and win and you can play well and lose. In their 10 AP defeats, Wuss have gained 5 LBPs. Compare that to Irish, who I would say are playing poorly, who have no LBPs and a negative points difference double that of Wuss.

Agreed that they shouldn't be beating a decent Tigers side and so convincingly, but Tigers were :censored: and Falcons played well. It's not just this result that shows that in the AP this season, especially during international periods, if you play :censored: and the other team play well, you will most likely lose, no matter who you are, ask Mike Ford.