Post by Robespierre »

Anyone seen him?
Semper in excretia
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: JDV - where is he?

Post by RagingBull »

Do we really need a thread on this every Monday/Tuesday after the game?

Currently injured (different injury to broken jaw).

He was in the stands watching the game Saturday.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Did he come with a money back guarantee anyone know?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

RagingBull wrote:Do we really need a thread on this every Monday/Tuesday after the game?

Currently injured (different injury to broken jaw).

He was in the stands watching the game Saturday.
He was in the stands? was he with Juan Martín Hernández?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

It's better than that. He spent the whole game chatting with Manu (I could t and wouldn't make that up). What do you reckon they get to talk about; length and content of their sick notes, the quality of the cushioning on the physio benches, perhaps even the weather and the state of the pitch????
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Grimlish wrote:It's better than that. He spent the whole game chatting with Manu (I could t and wouldn't make that up). What do you reckon they get to talk about; length and content of their sick notes, the quality of the cushioning on the physio benches, perhaps even the weather and the state of the pitch????
Probably talking about how fantastic a job they have getting paid for "watching" rugby.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Some of you guys are so funny............not
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Chobbsy wrote:
Grimlish wrote:It's better than that. He spent the whole game chatting with Manu (I could t and wouldn't make that up). What do you reckon they get to talk about; length and content of their sick notes, the quality of the cushioning on the physio benches, perhaps even the weather and the state of the pitch????
Probably talking about how fantastic a job they have getting paid for "watching" rugby.
Manu the sick-note and JDV the no vote.

Tuilagi must be close to the last chance saloon with his injury status and JDV symptomatic of Tigers' seemingly irresistible urge to sign players who are injured (and preferably on a short term contract).
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Roly wrote:
Chobbsy wrote:
Manu the sick-note and JDV the no vote.

Tuilagi must be close to the last chance saloon with his injury status and JDV symptomatic of Tigers' seemingly irresistible urge to sign players who are injured (and preferably on a short term contract).

Yeh he must be in last chance saloon considering he signed a new deal a month ago.

:smt045
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Yes, actually it doesn't surprise me he's re-signed. The more injured the better at the club it would seem...

:smt002
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

RagingBull wrote:
Roly wrote:

Yeh he must be in last chance saloon considering he signed a new deal a month ago.

I think you've just bitten. :smt023

Roly, you're better than this.
Jon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Jon »

Tweet from Radio Leicester suggests both JDV and Manu should be ready for the Quins game. Apparently. Maybe.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:
RagingBull wrote:
Roly wrote:

I think you've just bitten. :smt023

Roly, you're better than this.[/quote]

I know, but sometimes I get bored.... if the rumours of their glorious return/debut for the Quins game are true, I can assure you I'll be properly enthusiastic. Albeit hardly worth it for JDV.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

JDV will have been an influence around Oval Park I'm quite sure.

If he is available for the last three months of the season and adds depth, experience and quality to our back line then it's worth it. Nobody could have foreseen him getting a new injury after arriving and before playing. Unfortunate for all concerned that we've not seen him yet, but the reasons for signing him were spot on. It just turns out that Matt Smith has pulled a top class season out of nowhere at 12 and it's not been as important as we thought to have JDV.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

Iain wrote:JDV will have been an influence around Oval Park I'm quite sure.

If he is available for the last three months of the season and adds depth, experience and quality to our back line then it's worth it. Nobody could have foreseen him getting a new injury after arriving and before playing. Unfortunate for all concerned that we've not seen him yet, but the reasons for signing him were spot on. It just turns out that Matt Smith has pulled a top class season out of nowhere at 12 and it's not been as important as we thought to have JDV.
Last thing I head from my "insider" was that it is planned to have JDV on the bench for the quins game. His calf has responded well to rest and treatment he is training well and is physically fit.
Matt Smith season has enabled Tigers to let him rest his injury to the max, but now, I am told, he is just about ready, not going to be tried out on the plastic at Falcons (so too Manu)but the game v quins.