Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers pitch is a disgrace

Post by WiggoTiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Read again Wiggo :smt002

How about...cost of kit....no Cotton Traders...Tigers' lack of communication (Injury lists).....Traffic....Traffic Light sequences...... Floodlights......Big Screens......Advertising Campaigns......Academy usage..... :smt002
:smt003 :smt038
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

The only way to improve this is to go the artificial way or build a roof over the ground. If anyone has any other suggestions please forward them to Tigers management.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:The only way to improve this is to go the artificial way or build a roof over the ground. If anyone has any other suggestions please forward them to Tigers management.
How about... The club installs a semi artificial desso pitch like at Twickenham? That seems like a good idea!
chris11
Tiger Cub

Post by chris11 »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
WiggoTiger wrote:
rocktop51 wrote:The pitch, the coaches, the management, the players, the weather, the new stand, catering. Can't think of anything else left for some of you to moan about. May well be proved wrong though.
How about the weather!! :smt013 :smt013
Read again Wiggo :smt002

How about...cost of kit....no Cotton Traders...Tigers' lack of communication (Injury lists).....Traffic....Traffic Light sequences...... Floodlights......Big Screens......Advertising Campaigns......Academy usage..... :smt002
You forgot about the fact that occasionally other teams turn up and beat us. Disgraceful. Sack the Board.
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Thanks all - thought that I may have missed something :smt023 :smt038
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Darc Tiger wrote:What do you want them to do? The weather has been dreadful. All the traditional pitches are going to be bit of a mess with that rainfall. Its just the way it is this time of year.

And I thought the new hybrid pitch was common knowledge by now?
Is it? There has been a lot of talk on the Forum, but has it been confirmed by the club? How does that fit in financially with other commitments?

Incidentally, the pitch is dug up and completely reseeded every summer. I also recall about 12 or so years ago they put in new drainage. As others have said, you cannot legislate for the weather.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

DCat wrote:
Darc Tiger wrote:What do you want them to do? The weather has been dreadful. All the traditional pitches are going to be bit of a mess with that rainfall. Its just the way it is this time of year.

And I thought the new hybrid pitch was common knowledge by now?
Is it? There has been a lot of talk on the Forum, but has it been confirmed by the club? How does that fit in financially with other commitments?
It's been talked about pretty openly. It couldn't be done last season as the only company that installs them were booked up. I can't find a specific article but I know that I've heard Cohen and Cockerill both speaking openly about it on the Radio Leicester show.

As for the financial side, let the finance directors worry about that. We recently had a pretty large investment from a major shareholder so I guess that may have helped.
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

One question, why are most school first XV pitches in much better shape than Welford Road?

In fact why are most Midlands 1 pitches in better shape than Welford Road?

Both the above get used and destroyed a lot more than Welford Road. It is a joke.

Just imagine Old Trafford looking like that. It is beyond a disgrace for professional sport
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

darganj wrote:One question, why are most school first XV pitches in much better shape than Welford Road?

In fact why are most Midlands 1 pitches in better shape than Welford Road?

Both the above get used and destroyed a lot more than Welford Road. It is a joke.

Just imagine Old Trafford looking like that. It is beyond a disgrace for professional sport
Those pitches aren't surrounded by stands blocking the sun.

Is it a disgrace? It certainly was last season. It's got a bit of winter wear at the minute but a disgrace? Let's avoid hyperbole!
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

Each game, fans spend about £750,000 on tickets plus food and drink to watch entertainment.

The pitch is a pretty key element. It would be like a singer at a gig with a :censored: microphone.

It is a disgrace.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Here is a live webcam, where you can see the pitch as it is right now.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/club/sta ... ebcam.php

Sure, there are some patches that look a little thin. To be expected in the winter.

But I still have no idea which part you equate to being a disgrace. The crux of your argument seems to be "bad pitches are bad, and this one is bad because I say so!"

Last year it was a disgrace after a :censored: events company that are now out of business made a hash of using the pitch for the worst music festival I have ever heard of.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes Iain I don't agree with you on most things but on this I fully concur. Good idea mate.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The censored word by the way is not a swear word. I have simply no idea why the swear filter thinks it is.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:Yes Iain I don't agree with you on most things but on this I fully concur. Good idea mate.
It's not my idea. It's the idea that the club had. You know, the thing that's actually happening in the summer. That thing. That idea.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:Here is a live webcam, where you can see the pitch as it is right now.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/club/sta ... ebcam.php

Sure, there are some patches that look a little thin. To be expected in the winter.

But I still have no idea which part you equate to being a disgrace. The crux of your argument seems to be "bad pitches are bad, and this one is bad because I say so!"

Last year it was a disgrace after a :censored: events company that are now out of business made a hash of using the pitch for the worst music festival I have ever heard of.
There is a live webcam - so people can tune in and watch a new stand being built - or look at the pitch....

Oh dear. But I suppose it does explain some of the rather insular opinions of some on here. I mean, if watching a pitch grow gets you going, then its only to be expected that they might get excited about things like the exclusion of OTY from England...

:smt002
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.