OK Someone has to say this.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

OK Someone has to say this.

Post by jgriffin »

I may be sitting at home, recovering from an op, and therefore a but grumpy. I don't usually criticise Tigers coaching and selection, but this was either
1 total HUBRIS or
2 total mess-up

Points we needed thrown away.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: OK Someone has to say this.

Post by fleabane »

Correct JG. Questions to be answered!
Valhalla I am coming!
covrich

Post by covrich »

I think you posted the same thing on my thread on FB.. but yes.. and no I am not on teh coaches backs here, I know we are missing a few players (lets face it only 2 to England and a few injuries) But the past few weeks we have been poor..

Lost our mojo..
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TBF we are missing a bit more than a few. (My first choice team looks nothing like TBH)

But it is no excuse esp at home.
covrich

Post by covrich »

RagingBull wrote:TBF we are missing a bit more than a few. (My first choice team looks nothing like TBH)

But it is no excuse esp at home.
Might not be first choice given everyone , but a lot of players will be very regular players due to Int call up, rotation and injury..
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

No urgency, players ambling between breakdowns, or worse just lying on the ground. The sides were pretty even, Sale simply wanted to win more. Which is unacceptable.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

covrich wrote:I think you posted the same thing on my thread on FB.. but yes.. and no I am not on teh coaches backs here, I know we are missing a few players (lets face it only 2 to England and a few injuries) But the past few weeks we have been poor..

Lost our mojo..
Yep,posted on FB too as even more grumpy now. Points chucked away IMO and Mrs G said that could be very costly with Stains and Wasps shading games they should've lost.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Utter dross today, sorry but point blank there's no hiding place.

Sale weren't good, they were competent, at best, in my opinion. We were just far worse.

Matt Tait in the centres absolutely killed much of the (sparse) momentum today, the constant hanging on to ball when passes were on is getting more and more frustrating. I love him to bits and am glad he stayed but he was a bit of a black hole today.

Betham was wasted on the wing compared with his impact in the centres, he made himself be involved and made yards, but quite often he and Camacho were unused. I thought Camacho looked OK today, nothing flash but took the high balls, made some yards and made his tackles from what I remember.

Players getting in each others way, passing to players standing still and expecting them to break the line, never going to happen.

Wigglesworth wasn't to blame for our complete lack of achievement, but he still came up with some weird decisions IMO, yep, it's a blinkered opinion of an awful ref, seemed to do his best to whistle Sale into the game early doors with little consistency.

Plenty of times I've seen players going for the ball one handed and knocking on being sent for a 10 minute sit down, no such consideration for Cipriani from Wiggly.

We looked completely bereft of ideas. Clueless. Rudderless. Leaderless. It was like turning the clock back 12 or 24 months.

Cockers said Ayerza was concussed from last week, Veainu wasn't quite right, didn't pick up on why OTY pulled out during warm up but saw him wander off pitch not looking happy. Ed Slater cut his hand badly (shades of Ant Allen....) making his kids' breakfast this morning. Can't remember why he said Goneva was unavailable but all should be ready for next week - we'll need them.

Lineout was awful, worked our way into good areas only for either poor calls or poor throws to undo us.

Scrum wasn't too bad, but not great, the absence of a 'hook' was evident as both packs held steady and the ball was pretty slow.

Matt Smith led the way IMO, as much as he could.

Sale weren't great, probably value for a win in the big scheme of things, we were lucky Celebriani didn't bring his kicking boots or the scoreline could have been embarrassing and we'd have missed LBP that we didn't really deserve anyway.

Can't win them all, and maybe it's a timely kick in the backside. Onwards to Newcastle I guess, although we need those missing players back if today is anything to go buy.

I guess when the match is available to watch online some things will seem clearer, but not sure I actually want to sit through that again.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tom Youngs pulled out with a back spasm and Slater sliced his hand on a knife, needing 13 stitches.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tigerbeat wrote:Tom Youngs pulled out with a back spasm and Slater sliced his hand on a knife, needing 13 stitches.
Cheers Tigerbeat. Heard the Slater reason, missed the OTY bit.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:Tom Youngs pulled out with a back spasm and Slater sliced his hand on a knife, needing 13 stitches.
y
You simply could not make that up after making such a speedy recovery from his knee injury! When and how did Veianu get injured and what's happened to our other Italian prop (not Rizzo)???
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

So much for our depth of squad, just proves that we cannot just select any 15/23 and expect to win. We were very poor, enough said! :smt022
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Saw Veainu before KO, he said he has hurt his shoulder and will probably be a couple of weeks :smt022
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

fentiger wrote:Saw Veainu before KO, he said he has hurt his shoulder and will probably be a couple of weeks :smt022
Love to know when that happened given the fact that he was named as a starter on the team sheet some 27 hrs earlier :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:
fentiger wrote:Saw Veainu before KO, he said he has hurt his shoulder and will probably be a couple of weeks :smt022
Love to know when that happened given the fact that he was named as a starter on the team sheet some 27 hrs earlier :smt017
Probably a case of name him and see if he is ok, obviously he wasn't quite right and not risked, which is pretty much what Cockers said after the match on RL.