OK Someone has to say this.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bundy

Re: OK Someone has to say this.

Post by Bundy »

Utter dross today and evidently no sufficient strength in depth in the squad after all - a reality check to be sure!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

So what did Cocker's think of Tigers performance and the match today?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
chris11
Tiger Cub

Post by chris11 »

sapajo wrote:So what did Cocker's think of Tigers performance and the match today?
Maybe - if he was being honest - he thought that sometimes a team turns up and is better than you on the day in every respect. A poor show from Tigers, certainly (felt like 2014-15 all over again!) - but well played, Sale....a gritty, disciplined performance from a team on the up.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

chris11 wrote:
sapajo wrote:So what did Cocker's think of Tigers performance TVand the match today?
Maybe - if he was being honest - he thought that sometimes a team turns up and is better than you on the day in every respect. A poor show from Tigers, certainly (felt like 2014-15 all over again!) - but well played, Sale....a gritty, disciplined performance from a team on the up.
Thank you I hoped someone could tell us what he said post match on Radio Leicester?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

sapajo wrote:
chris11 wrote:
sapajo wrote:So what did Cocker's think of Tigers performance TVand the match today?
Thank you I hoped someone could tell us what he said post match on Radio Leicester?
The basics were that we had late team changes that, obviously, didn't help, and that Sale were better, also obvious! Didn't sound that disappointed to be honest, that worries me, as he should have been apoplectic!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I fear Cocker's was lacking his usual critical analysis and honesty.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:I fear Cocker's was lacking his usual critical analysis and honesty.
No he wasn't.

I listened on way home from match. He was forthright and objective.

Sale deserved their win. We were poor. Late withdrawals and Tommy Bell going for HIA early and not returning didn't help.

Set pieces didn't work as planned/trained. It was one of those days at the office.

There were no excuses offered or implied. Planning begins for the next match away in Newcastle.

He didn't publicly hang any players out to dry, I fear he leaves that to the vast army of self entitled armchair experts/pundits.

No need to be publicly apoplectic IMO, I'm sure the necessary autopsy will be carried out, where it should be, behind closed Tigers doors. Couple that with the apparent calming influence Mauger appears to have had and you get a guy who leaves the media guessing a bit...fine in my book.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
sapajo wrote:I fear Cocker's was lacking his usual critical analysis and honesty.
No he wasn't.

Sale deserved their win. We were poor. Late withdrawals and Tommy Bell going for HIA early and not returning didn't help.

Set pieces didn't work as planned/trained. It was one of those days at the office.

There were no excuses offered or implied. Planning begins for the next match away in Newcastle.

He didn't publicly hang any players out to dry, I fear he leaves that to the vast army of self entitled armchair experts/pundits.

No need to be publicly apoplectic IMO, I'm sure the necessary autopsy will be carried out, where it should be, behind closed Tigers doors. Couple that with the apparent calming influence Mauger appears to have had and you get a guy who leaves the media guessing a bit...fine in my book.
Amen to that, test of our character now, people think we might be vulnerable.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
No he wasn't.

He didn't publicly hang any players out to dry, I fear he leaves tha
t to the vast army of self entitled armchair experts/pundits.

Just listened to his interview on the podcast fact is he did not say " we were poor". However he did frequently say "that's life".
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:
WhitecapTiger wrote:
No he wasn't.

He didn't publicly hang any players out to dry, I fear he leaves tha
t to the vast army of self entitled armchair experts/pundits.

Just listened to his interview on the podcast fact is he did not say " we were poor". However he did frequently say "that's life".
Was I quoting? Don't believe I was. Summarising. Paraphrasing.

Cockers is quite right, it is life. Move on to the Falcons match. If you have so much to offer, pop along to Oval Park, tell the guys what went wrong and more importantly, how to rectify it. They'll welcome the input, probably let you run a whole session. :smt023

If you won't be happy until you hear the team ravaged by the coaching staff to the media, that's your choice.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Looking in on the bright side we are starting to solve our lack of bonus points
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

rdracup wrote:Looking in on the bright side we are starting to solve our lack of bonus points
:smt005 :smt023
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Sale did their job well. The defence was excellent and they were able to play a lot of the game in our half/22. We were hopeless, clueless. The old lateral passing and ball carriers drifting to the wing causing congestion there restricting any chance of a winger getting going. Very 'last season(s)'.

The team on the sheet looked fine but when they got changed and went out there all the thinking and talent evaporated. Thankfully the wind affected Mr Cip and he wasted a lot of scoring chances. TBH all the momentum gained over the start of the season seems to have gone and we have looked very average over the last few games. Sale are not a pushover team but we had enough on the field to beat them, we just didn't appear to have the ideas - a rudderless ship.

The season isn't lost but I can't see a home semi, let alone a final, in this team at the moment. We are heading into that nightmare of looking to other teams to do us a favour at the back end of the season.

Well done City, a team of underrated players showing what a bit of talent, self belief and working to a plan can do. Sorry Aaron, it looks like the honeymoon is over. No more Mr Nice Guy, time for the @rse kicking boots.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Apart from the hissy fit on this thread it seems that Tigers were rubbish and not very professional. Late changes are hardly an excuse in a squad that has trained together since August.
Were they all thinking of other things? I am looking forward to a dinner in London with a number of the players on Wednesday night.

Every other year the excuse has been the loads of players on international duty but that we cannot use today.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Complacency maybe? Doesn't matter who drops out, we'll beat 'em! it's only sale?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"