Stupid kick off time

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Stupid kick off time

Post by ellis9 »

On Saturday, Tigers kick off at 3pm. England kick off at 4:50pm so literally as the Tigers game finishes.

Presumably, because of all the god damn moaning from fans about kick off times, Tigers have decided to leave this weeks match at 3pm on Saturday where as the other 2 Premiership games kick off at 2pm.

There is no chance of getting home in time for the England game!
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Stupid kick off time

Post by Rykard »

they're showing the game at the ground after the match
cheers
Rich
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Yes I presumed it would be but I prefer to watch games either in person or at home on the TV. I don't like watching it on TV in a public place as you don't get to watch it properly and hear what the commentators are saying.

The Tigers game should be an earlier kick off.
Donny
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Donny »

ellis9 wrote:Presumably, because of all the god damn moaning from fans about kick off times ...
Pots? Kettles? It's nothing to do with moaning fans. The Tigers v Sale match does not clash with the Calcutta Cup match and the club sees this as an opportunity to raise a bit more cash by showing Scotland & England in the bars. Some people will stay to watch it and some won't.

It appears you have four choices.

1. Stay at Welford Road and watch the Calcutta Cup match straight after the Sale game.
2. Stay at home and watch the Calcutta Cup match live but miss the Sale game.
3. Get all concerned (Leicester, Sale, Radio Leicester etc) to change all their schedules because YOU don't want them to kick off at 3pm.
4. Record the Calcutta Cup match and watch it 'as live' after returning home from Welford Road.

Personally, I'll be employing option 4.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Donny wrote:
ellis9 wrote:Presumably, because of all the god damn moaning from fans about kick off times ...
Pots? Kettles? It's nothing to do with moaning fans. The Tigers v Sale match does not clash with the Calcutta Cup match and the club sees this as an opportunity to raise a bit more cash by showing Scotland & England in the bars. Some people will stay to watch it and some won't.

It appears you have four choices.

1. Stay at Welford Road and watch the Calcutta Cup match straight after the Sale game.
2. Stay at home and watch the Calcutta Cup match live but miss the Sale game.
3. Get all concerned (Leicester, Sale, Radio Leicester etc) to change all their schedules because YOU don't want them to kick off at 3pm.
4. Record the Calcutta Cup match and watch it 'as live' after returning home from Welford Road.

Personally, I'll be employing option 4.
I don't expect Ellis is the only person not happy with the 3pm kick-off time. On the other hand, there are available options as you rightly say.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

OR watch Tigers on BET365 and then the International on Sky
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Donny, the penny has finally dropped! This partly was my point! You said it doesn't suit ME so perhaps the schedules should change to suit ME. All the moaners who complain about different kick off times might realise these things don't revolve around THEM.

That was the point I was making.

However, if everyone hadn't been moaning, I reckon Tigers would have moved this have to 2pm.
Donny
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Donny »

fortysix wrote:OR watch Tigers on BET365 and then the International on Sky
A bit of a waste of money if you're a ST holder or already have a ticket for Saturday's match plus the 6N aren't on Sky.
ellis9 wrote:However, if everyone hadn't been moaning, I reckon Tigers would have moved this to 2pm.
Seriously? And miss out on a chance to make a few quid?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Ah yes but apparently, when all the other games are moved, Tigers don't think of the fans so surely it's the same in this instance?
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

doesn't bother me, I couldn't give a monkeys about the 6 Nations :smt003
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
TheproudTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheproudTiger »

Hey - I have just realised...... if we all start supporting ladies amateur rounders we wont have a problem coz its never on the telly. :smt023
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

TheproudTiger wrote:Hey - I have just realised...... if we all start supporting ladies amateur rounders we wont have a problem coz its never on the telly. :smt023
Or why don't we just get England to kick off at 8 so they don't clash with us.... Simples!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

For Ellis 9 why not stop at Welford road and watch the match on the big screen or in the Final Whistle Bar or one of the other lounges?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Noddy555 wrote:For Ellis 9 why not stop at Welford road and watch the match on the big screen or in the Final Whistle Bar or one of the other lounges?
Indeed,and in absolute warmth and comfort. :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Donny
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Donny »

Noddy555 wrote:For Ellis 9 why not stop at Welford road and watch the match on the big screen or in the Final Whistle Bar or one of the other lounges?
Try reading Ellis9's second comment. :smt009