Post your favourite quotes from Gloucester fans here!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Post your favourite quotes from Gloucester fans here!

Post by Iain »

The Shedheads were in fine form this visit!!

First time I've experienced them getting a bit nasty. Though I suppose you can be intimidated about it or laugh at them. I chose the latter. Surprisingly, this antagonised them further.
How come they had the ball in our 22 and we got pinged straight away then we get loads of possession and never get pinged!?
You're a cheat Doyle!!
NOT STRAIGHT!!!!
(every line out!!)
They're pushing early Doyle!!!
(every scrum!)
F***ing cheating Leicester w****r!!
(to me at full time)
You don't deserve that. You should be ashamed.
I responded I know! It makes it all the sweeter!
The way you celebrated that try! F*** off! That's football behaviour.
I did enjoy this one.
You're in Gloucester now! Of course we're going to be biased.
Even for them, Saturday was a special day. Winning while standing amongst them was delicious. I look forward to it again next season.

Anyone have any other choice quotes to add?
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Post your favourite quotes from Gloucester fans here!

Post by floridaboy »

Iain wrote:The Shedheads were in fine form this visit!!

First time I've experienced them getting a bit nasty. Though I suppose you can be intimidated about it or laugh at them. I chose the latter. Surprisingly, this antagonised them further.
How come they had the ball in our 22 and we got pinged straight away then we get loads of possession and never get pinged!?
You're a cheat Doyle!!
NOT STRAIGHT!!!!
(every line out!!)
(every scrum!)
(to me at full time)
I did enjoy this one.
Even for them, Saturday was a special day. Winning while standing amongst them was delicious. I look forward to it again next season.

How about this one I had: "You are all :censored: cheats" to which I replied "And?" To which the animal to my left grunted " And....And you are all :censored: ugly!" Such wonderful moments. I left the "gentleman" telling him this was the first time I had been to a zoo in Gloucester !
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

This comes as no surprise to me - I am sure the majority are fine but Kingsholm is the only ground I no longer go to due to be being physically pushed about for simply cheering a Tigers score when we played down there about 3 seasons ago - and I was in the posh seatrs with my wife! I like the banter but there are a few there that go too far and has no place in rugby
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

Bundy wrote:This comes as no surprise to me - I am sure the majority are fine but Kingsholm is the only ground I no longer go to due to be being physically pushed about for simply cheering a Tigers score when we played down there about 3 seasons ago - and I was in the posh seatrs with my wife! I like the banter but there are a few there that go too far and has no place in rugby
It was the first time for me in the Shed, I went with a couple of Glaws supporters who used to work for me and we have kept in touch. I have got to say that if I had been with my wife the so called banter, I would have found offensive. What I didn't like was the banter was very much football like and I have to admit I was feeling a little uncomfortable at stages, I was thinking that this is going to turn out a little messy.
Please don't get me wrong, I don't mind a bit of a giggle, but the majority of the language and inference was threatening.
barnythebear

Post by barnythebear »

It's what you get when you haven't a decent football team to go and do your ranting. :smt040
Tigernain

Post by Tigernain »

We went a couple of years ago - we sat so not in the shed. The game started at 5:00 on a Saturday and the language was very colourful. There were the usual comments about cheats, the ref and the questionable parentage of some players but the best for me was the one from a 'gentleman' behind me who suggested (in graphic terms) that the ref needed his eyes tested! The ref had just given Glwas a penalty as I pointed out to him. The man next to me couldn't apologies enough for the bad language. :smt043
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Last time i went to the Shed was the away Semi final which Goode one with a last minute drop goal. Someone then proceeded to push my 60 year old dad around for celebrating, took me and a another lad to hold the guy back while the old man went to the bar so the bloke could calm himself.

Havent been back since.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

The best one I heard in the shed was a few years ago when Johno led the players across the pitch towards the shed - the abuse he got had to be heard to be believed but when he and the team had gone, the Glaws supporter who I had benn chatting to and had hurled the abuse at Johno turned to me and said "He is a :censored: good player though - is he for sale????"
Hehehehehehehehe
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Glous fans are the worst in the league, Uk or Ireland, they are so abusive, even when they come to us, I hate them!
beech

Post by beech »

Sitting in the Mira stand with my wife there was nothing to complain about, in fact the atmosphere was excellent. We'd have no hesitation in going again. Drinking in the Coach and Horses after the game, after buying chips over the road, there was plenty of very enjoyable banter.
tf22
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I seem to recall a lady posting a few years back that she took her (10 year old?) daughter to the shed and that the daughter was verbally abused and threatened for shouting support for a Tigers try. She vowed never to go to an away game again.

This is very sad, particularly when kids are involved. What makes it even worse is the fact that the 'decent' supports don't appear to try to stop this behaviour when it occurs.

Surely the club is also aware of their reputation in this respect and you have to ask why they don't do something about it. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Iain wrote:The Shedheads were in fine form this visit!!

You're a cheat Doyle!!
NOT STRAIGHT!!!!
(every line out!!)
(every scrum!)
(to me at full time)
I did enjoy this one.

If I divorce my wife will she still be my sister?? ;)
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

A few years ago I was on the Crumbie terrace and there were a group of Gloucester supporters behind us who, from the quality of the remarks they were making, had obviously enjoyed a few beverages.

At the time Ludovic Mercier was the Gloucester fly half and throughout the first half they were chanting "Ludo, Ludo" especially before or after a successful penalty kick / conversion. This with other remarks became somewhat tiresome. So the next time they chanted "Ludo" I turned to them and said "The game's Rugby not Ludo but then coming from Gloucester you wouldn't know much, if anything, about that". There were a few unrepeatable replies but after that they quietened down.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

One has to feel sorry for Gloucester fans
They have been sold down the river
Nancy boy backs who can run but not tackle
The worst pack in the league virtually annually-except last year
Awful Coaches
No wonder they get pi**ed off
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

To add a bit of balance, I was there on Saturday as well (admittedly in the peasant (read: away supporters) seats in the JS stand) and I didn't hear anything bad at all bar the expected frustration at losing a game in the dying seconds - and there must have only been a few rows of Tigers fans there, so I could definitely hear them! The comments after the game from the many Gloucester fans I know were very measured as well.

I have however, been every year for nigh on 7 years, and the one time I was in the shed the level of 'robust banter' from some supporters would make Frankie Boyle wince - including being called a see-you-next-tuesday by a small lad who must have been about 10 years old, with full parental encouragement! :smt003