Bill W RIP

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Bill W RIP

Post by Qbec »

A central character of this board for a long time, Who I will miss looking out for his threads & replies a man who I never met but still somehow felt I had known for quite awhile.
RIP Bill W
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Deeply saddened by this. A great Tigers' gent.
RIP.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

What sad news, the anonymity of this forum means that as far as I know I never met Bill in person but I will miss his posts. His comments were often thought provoking, sometimes tongue in cheek and mischievous. I have no idea what he looked like but I can imagine the twinkle in his eye. Condolences to all who knew and loved him.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I'm in shock about this and in tears. For those of you who read mine and Bill's posts he was my partner in crime on this messageboard and always stood up for me when my posts rankled a few people. I met Bill a couple of times and pm'd him loads of times on this messageboard. Due to me having an illness for the last 4 years which I'm now into remission from I've not posted on here recently. The last time I got a pm from Bill was to tell me he'd lost his wife and I haven't really spoke to him recently.

He was a great bloke and I feel I've just lost a part of my Tigers family.

RIP Bill. I will miss you.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Utter sadness. This has knocked me flat. Part of the furniture here and always fun even if you didn't agree with him. Will miss him big-time. :smt010
Last edited by jgriffin on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Like most on here, I never met Bill in person but am saddened by the loss. The forum and I suspect, The Crumbie will miss him greatly. RIP.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

g wrote:I'm in shock about this and in tears. For those of you who read mine and Bill's posts he was my partner in crime on this messageboard and always stood up for me when my posts rankled a few people. I met Bill a couple of times and pm'd him loads of times on this messageboard. Due to me having an illness for the last 4 years which I'm now into remission from I've not posted on here recently. The last time I got a pm from Bill was to tell me he'd lost his wife and I haven't really spoke to him recently.

He was a great bloke and I feel I've just lost a part of my Tigers family.

RIP Bill. I will miss you.
g :smt023

You and Bill were always very similar - you gave me headaches and made me want to pull my hair out but ultimately you all contributed to the rich tapestry of this forum and were mostly gracious in disagreement most of the time!

I'm sorry to hear you've been ill, but pleased to hear you're on the mend.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

johnthegriff wrote:What sad news, the anonymity of this forum means that as far as I know I never met Bill in person but I will miss his posts. His comments were often thought provoking, sometimes tongue in cheek and mischievous. I have no idea what he looked like but I can imagine the twinkle in his eye. Condolences to all who knew and loved him.
Concur ; )
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I too wish to add my sincere condolences to Bill W friends and family, although we rarely saw eye to eye when posting, I shall miss his posts terribly as he had like myself been a long standing tigers fanatic. Sometimes his barbed comments outraged me but generally they were often funny and he had a fine intellect. Will miss him terribly.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

RIP Bill, you will be greatly missed. I suspect that the number of posts on the forum will drop by about 50% now. Reading it will be quicker, but the poorer for his absence. :smt009
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

you can tell we held him in high esteem on this forum - I can't think of any other poster who would get this number of appreciative messages, all so well deserved.
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

Bill W and I rarely saw eye to eye online, but in person he was a (slightly) more amenable person who I shared drinks and broke bread with on more than one occasion while touring with Tigers Events.

Whether you agreed with his stance on a particular topic or not he always spoke his mind and spoke with eloquence.

I hadn't visited the forum for some time but by chance I logged on today to see what was happening and saw this sad and shocking news and truly didn't believe it at first, hoping it was just a cruel joke or some sort of forum clickbait. Unfortunately it appears to be true and I genuinely wish it wasn't.

Rest in peace William Woodward. Keep the faith up there.
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Sad news indeed.

Some of the best discussions on this forum for many years have had Bill front and centre of them.

RIP and Keep The Faith :)
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

tjs10 wrote:Bill W and I rarely saw eye to eye online, but in person he was a (slightly) more amenable person who I shared drinks and broke bread with on more than one occasion while touring with Tigers Events.

Whether you agreed with his stance on a particular topic or not he always spoke his mind and spoke with eloquence.

I hadn't visited the forum for some time but by chance I logged on today to see what was happening and saw this sad and shocking news and truly didn't believe it at first, hoping it was just a cruel joke or some sort of forum clickbait. Unfortunately it appears to be true and I genuinely wish it wasn't.

Rest in peace William Woodward. Keep the faith up there.
Good to see you back, shame it's in these circumstances.
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

Very sorry to hear this. Bill jokingly put his two pennies worth in a few times in response to some of my posts and I occasionally looked at his answers with mild annoyance but he was a stalwart of the forum and had some excellent viewpoints and knowledge. Tigers have a lost a true fan in Bill. Rest in peace Bill and God bless. My condolences to his family and friends x
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)