Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

OTY to be cited

Post by rocktop51 »

OTY to be cited for punching plus 2 SF players for contact with the eyes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35415226
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: OTY to be cited

Post by G.K »

What options do we now have at hooker apart from Harry, anyone else fit?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

G.K wrote:What options do we now have at hooker apart from Harry, anyone else fit?
Merc said Bateman likely to be fit for this weekend. Otherwise it's Farnworth or we'll have to keep Van Vuuren on!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

TY showcasing his "edge" and "physicality". Well done Tom. Probably still not good enough to displace our glorious leader though, Tom will really need to up his game over the next couple of games to do that. Perhaps assault the referee or bite someone's ear off, still tough though. Dylan has over 52 weeks of suspensions in the bank already with experience in punching, biting and swearing at referees to name a few. Will be extremely tough for Tom to catch up to Dylan's incredible record. Keep it up Tom, eventually Eddie Jones will notice you.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

TY showcasing his "edge" and "physicality". Well done Tom. Probably still not good enough to displace our glorious leader though, Tom will really need to up his game over the next couple of games to do that. Perhaps assault the referee or bite someone's ear off, still tough though. Dylan has over 52 weeks of suspensions in the bank already with experience in punching, biting and swearing at referees to name a few. Will be extremely tough for Tom to catch up to Dylan's incredible record. Keep it up Tom, eventually Eddie Jones will notice you.
Others might applaud this post, but not my 'cup of tea' I'm afraid.

Stupid from OTY irrespective of what was going on in the game. Just when we thought it would be useful to have him in the Tigers team for the 6 Nations he ends up with the prospect of a ban at one of our key positions where we lack cover.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

What you say is true MrP, and we can only hope that any ban is short.

Mind you, I can also sort of see where TigerLad is coming from with Eddie Jones praising the 'niggly' qualities of players such as Hartley, Ashton and Brown. There is nothing wrong with players having 'edge and aggression'. However, this has to be controlled, and as these players have shown at times, it is a thin line to cross.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I am guessing that Tom will plead guilty and be banned at the low entry point of 2 weeks reduced to one for good behaviour. Just as interesting is the 2 French lads have both been charged with "contact with the eye area" and the low entry for that is 12 weeks which would make them not available for the 1/4 final unless they get a reduction as well. What is the betting that both will be available after a nice rest with a 10 week ban!
Hehehehehehehehe
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

According to Cockers Youngs simply "grabbed him by the throat" having been held and he was quite adamant he didn't punch him. I haven't seen the incident so don't know.

So, does everyone agree with Cockers?
Could he still be banned for grabbing by the throat?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I watched the "incident" and it looked like Tom gave him a little dig in the stomach - I wouldn't cite for that but just before when he went into the ruck to clear a French player out - there didn't appear to be much use of the "arms" just a lot of forearm and shoulder. We see a lot of that when players come flying in to clear a body and I think that is more "dangerous".
Hehehehehehehehe
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

ourla wrote:According to Cockers Youngs simply "grabbed him by the throat" having been held and he was quite adamant he didn't punch him. I haven't seen the incident so don't know.

I have to say I disagree with him. It looked very much like a punch being thrown.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Iain wrote:
ourla wrote:According to Cockers Youngs simply "grabbed him by the throat" having been held and he was quite adamant he didn't punch him. I haven't seen the incident so don't know.

I have to say I disagree with him. It looked very much like a punch being thrown.
Cheers Iain - a short ban it will be then.
PAW

Post by PAW »

I find this business irritating to say the least.

The ref saw it (I think brought to his attention by the TMO). Between the ref and 4th official they decided it was worthy of a yellow after taking their time looking at all available angles. Therefore, unless there is some significant evidence that was not available to the ref at the time, why is it not case closed? We lost out captain for 10 minutes during which we conceded points. The incident was punished. If these items are to be reviewed, then the ref should say, "naughty boy. carry on playing but this will be dealt with later as I cant be trusted...apparently".

I understand that the alleged eye contact was not seen and not dealt with, therefore the matter can be reasonably reviewed.

I fear we will end up where F1 got to a few years ago when the race result was not certain until cars had ben weighed, appeals reviewed and occasionally threats of legal action hanging over results for days. If the two Stade guys did gouge - could the result be reversed? Should Stade be thrown out? Clearly not and I doubt Tigers would go down that path. But we believe there are a one or two prem clubs who are allegedly happy to use lawyers to get transgressions turned to their advantage or overlooked.

I am nearly choking as I write this....but I feel the ref is being undermined and I feel sorry for them. I may be thrown out of the 'Crumbie One-Eyed' society for such a heretical view :smt003
Last edited by PAW on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Boots

Post by Red Boots »

Certainly looked like a punch...
apart from not seeing a fist or anyone actually being hit.
Jon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Jon »

Radio Leicester Sport are saying that OTY will be pleading guilty.
Bateman is fit for this weekend, and Van Vuren kept on until post-6N.

https://twitter.com/bbcrlsport?lang=en
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Banned for 1 week...