Bad results for Pro 12.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Bad results for Pro 12.

Post by Bill W (2) »

Following their poor performance in both competitons should their representation be reduced?
Still keeping the faith!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Bad results for Pro 12.

Post by ourla »

No. It's just one year.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes, Yet again not one club from Scotland, Ireland or Wales has made it through to the European cup quarter finals. Expected of Scotland, probably also Wales too, but not to have an Irish Club there is most unexpected. Perhaps it is a comment on the standard of rugby in the Pro 12.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Sky won't be happy!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I think it was 2 or 3 years ago when there was a really poor show from the English teams. Should we have had our quota reduced.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Swings and Roundabouts
Except the swing is going upwards and the roundabout is static
Poor 12 , more like
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Does mean the three Celtic nations will be entirely focused on 6 Nations - I strongly suspect not one of their national squads will play a single minute of Pro 12 between now and after 19 March.

Ireland's results, as I've mentioned on other threads, is not entirely unexpected at the end of an era of greats. They were truly fortunate to have a raft of wonderful talent who appeared at the same time, and if they aren't immediately replaced by up-and-coming players it's no real surprise.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Noddy555 wrote:Yes, Yet again not one club from Scotland, Ireland or Wales has made it through to the European cup quarter finals. Expected of Scotland, probably also Wales too, but not to have an Irish Club there is most unexpected. Perhaps it is a comment on the standard of rugby in the Pro 12.
Not quite sure where you get the 'yet again' bit from. That would suggest it's happened before.

Trolling for a response is one thing, but it's best to have a modicum of truth there if you're trying to do it.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

biffer wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Yes, Yet again not one club from Scotland, Ireland or Wales has made it through to the European cup quarter finals. Expected of Scotland, probably also Wales too, but not to have an Irish Club there is most unexpected. Perhaps it is a comment on the standard of rugby in the Pro 12.
Not quite sure where you get the 'yet again' bit from. That would suggest it's happened before.

Trolling for a response is one thing, but it's best to have a modicum of truth there if you're trying to do it.
Noddy555 doesn't do trolling. He just tells it how he thinks it is. And nobody is perfect :smt002
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
biffer wrote:

Noddy555 doesn't do trolling. He just tells it how he thinks it is. And nobody is perfect :smt002
exsept me
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

It would be nice if the TV money for Euro Cup was distributed based on the number of games played by the Premiership, Pro 12 and Top 14 teams with a multiplier being applied for the knock out stages.
Even more interesting would be to pay out the TV money based as above but only on games won. Mind you I would like to also bring in a salary cap for a club's European squad but can see no way to police it.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Could this be the first step to an Anglo-French club super league, i.e. excluding the Celtic franchises?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

G.K wrote:Could this be the first step to an Anglo-French club super league, i.e. excluding the Celtic franchises?
There is a separate thread on this. Where I am on record on saying that I regard this as inevitable - although not before much screaming and shouting.

But with regard to the European Knock Out Competitions, it took many years for the "revolution" that removed the innate favouritism to PRO12 teams. Now as Jeremy Anderson points out maybe further adjustments are required.
Still keeping the faith!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

The new system needs to be given time. Pro 12 clubs now have to play a lot more good rugby if they are to qualify for the Champions Cup which probably means they need more depth. They will get better and you have to be careful what you wish for :smt003
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!