Gouging

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

NantionalFrog

Re: Gouging

Post by NantionalFrog »

wigworth wrote:
I agree if OTY has done anything he should also be punished. However you cannot say that Slimani did not have his hand in Tom's face, the picture in the link clearly shows so. http://imgur.com/gallery/bkJMFcM/new
True, while pushing him back, Slimani touches his chin, for a fraction of second, before holding his shirt. But definitely not gouging (which is why no citation). Youngs might have reacted badly gouging or trying to do so because of other incidents.

All in all, i am afraid Sempere on Ayerza might be the most concerned if he is cited, since the video footage is unconclusive because of a large angle, but a citation would mean a closer angle exists and shows some nasty stuff.

Gabrillagues's thing is reckless at most, or purely accidental (since he can't see where his hand is and is cleraly after tre ball)

Youngs is between.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Mon ami, the fact that all three of Tigers front row suffered damage to their
eyes,
shows it was clearly team policy and the TY yellow card was sought and drawn.

This is very disappointing for a club like SF. Win at all costs? Loose all your friends.
A life long Tiger
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

NantionalFrog wrote:
wigworth wrote:
I agree if OTY has done anything he should also be punished. However you cannot say that Slimani did not have his hand in Tom's face, the picture in the link clearly shows so. http://imgur.com/gallery/bkJMFcM/new
True, while pushing him back, Slimani touches his chin, for a fraction of second, before holding his shirt. But definitely not gouging (which is why no citation). Youngs might have reacted badly gouging or trying to do so because of other incidents.

All in all, i am afraid Sempere on Ayerza might be the most concerned if he is cited, since the video footage is unconclusive because of a large angle, but a citation would mean a closer angle exists and shows some nasty stuff.

Gabrillagues's thing is reckless at most, or purely accidental (since he can't see where his hand is and is cleraly after tre ball)

Youngs is between.
Citings may have been made and are not in the public domain yet. Irrespective whether it was accidental, the player should not have his hands anywhere nears the players eyes. I am sure that the authorities will take the appropriate action.
There is no place in the game for this.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

There is no place in the game for this.
The announcement of the new national team Captain yesterday would suggest otherwise!
Cheery chappy
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

And thats why it will be so disappointing if OTY gets found guilty of the same thing!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

For the benefit of anyone who watched the game via the (french) tv feed, I feel that I ought to point out that the coverage was, as you'd expect, extremely selective. I was there and had the chance to see the real thing alongside the tv feed. This was a feisty affair, on many occasions there were french cheap shots, pull backs, holding in, and worse. Much of this resulted in fights/wrestling on the deck.

Needless to say that the tv only showed the retaliation and blown Leicester fuses, which were regrettable. Tigers should not have retaliated, but anyone wanting to argue that it was provoked would find plenty of examples, if only the footage was available.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Tigerbeat wrote:
NantionalFrog wrote:
wigworth wrote:

Accidental is no excuse - Seru Rabeni 14 weeks in 2008 - C Ashton - 11 Weeks in 2016. If fingers meet eyes you are guilt - no ifs no buts.
NantionalFrog

Post by NantionalFrog »

Smudge wrote:Mon ami, the fact that all three of Tigers front row suffered damage to their
eyes,
shows it was clearly team policy and the TY yellow card was sought and drawn.

This is very disappointing for a club like SF. Win at all costs? Loose all your friends.
Not all three. Cole by Grabillagues was clearly accidental IMO (see vid)
Ayerza can't say, no image. Youngs may have felt like retaliating for this or that, but mentioning team policy look very dubbious.
AliB

Post by AliB »

Paul Gabrillagues et Laurent Sempéré,cités

It looks like they have been cited.....(French Article Sorry I am sure UK media will pick it up soon)

https://www.francebleu.fr/sports/rugby/ ... 1453819114
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

citings;

http://www.epcrugby.com/news/32482.php

Tom up before the beak(s) tomorrow. Thacker had better train well for a while?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

If any of them get 11 weeks or more they miss the Q-F. I doubt OTY will get anything like that but if found guilty the two Stade players could well be unavailable. As said earlier accidental is no excuse. Might reduce ban period though. Will be interesting to see if Ashton's appeal changes anything by way of guilt or length of ban.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

If Tom pleads guilty and wears a white shirt two weeks at most.

If the French Props plead not guilty 12 weeks minimum.

Ashton sentence will stand.
Still keeping the faith!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Bill W (2) wrote:If Tom pleads guilty and wears a white shirt two weeks at most.

If the French Props plead not guilty 12 weeks minimum.

Ashton sentence will stand.
Agreed.

Can't understand the Maselino Paulino citing. I always thought you got a bonus point for hitting Courtney Lawes :smt003
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Noggs wrote: Can't understand the Maselino Paulino citing. I always thought you got a bonus point for hitting Courtney Lawes :smt003
Perhaps the citing is for not hitting him hard enough?

:smt026
Still keeping the faith!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

French and eye gouging..............goes together like peaches and cream, Laurel and Hardy, Beef and horseradish. even Remy, Ze Stade fan wrote about it in a very matter of fact way once I recall.

Once again the wind up merchants, bag snatchers and cheapshots get their man, The refs do nothing except examine a few dodgy passes. I thought the TMO was there to sort these cretins out! Hit him harder next time, Tom. They may get a long ban...............but the game has already suffered.
Last edited by Big Dai on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"