Pearce and Sharks

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Pearce and Sharks

Post by Noddy555 »

Ellis9 Toby Flood is past is sell by date by about 3 years, we should have got rid of him at least a year before he left and made George ford our number 1 before he left us for Bath.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Noddy555 wrote:Ellis9 Toby Flood is past is sell by date by about 3 years, we should have got rid of him at least a year before he left and made George ford our number 1 before he left us for Bath.
U WOT?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Noddy555 wrote:Ellis9 Toby Flood is past is sell by date by about 3 years, we should have got rid of him at least a year before he left and made George ford our number 1 before he left us for Bath.
Ford couldn't have been our number one 10. Amongst his flashes of brilliance were defence more questionable than TF's and kick percentages to make Geordan Murphy's look good! :smt004 :smt003
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Are people still talking about Flood vs Ford, next people will be going on about Hernandez again! :smt005 :smt005
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

kpj tiger wrote:Are people still talking about Flood vs Ford, next people will be going on about Hernandez again! :smt005 :smt005
Not people, Noddy.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Pearce is about 4th choice 8 when all are fit if he chooses to go elsewhere fair play to him
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

kpj tiger wrote:Are people still talking about Flood vs Ford, next people will be going on about Hernandez again! :smt005 :smt005
Ahhhh, he can tackle too! :smt003
Pearce is about 4th choice 8 when all are fit if he chooses to go elsewhere fair play to him
Whaaaaaaaaat! I strongly suggest he's second choice behind McCaffrey at the moment. Offers more than Crane does (pace for a start) and Fonua will not be considered ahead until fully fit and able to do more than 30 minutes.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I said when fully fit, you cold argue over him being ahead of Crane but when all are available he is behind McCaffrey and Fonua
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:I said when fully fit, you cold argue over him being ahead of Crane but when all are available he is behind McCaffrey and Fonua
He's a clear 2nd choice for me - Fonua still has everything to prove...
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Jay C wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:I said when fully fit, you cold argue over him being ahead of Crane but when all are available he is behind McCaffrey and Fonua
He's a clear 2nd choice for me - Fonua still has everything to prove...
Yep, clear second choice for me too and a player I looked for great things from in the future. Am just a little worried that Tigers will regret if they let Bell and Pearce go - rate both of them as vastly improved and still improving 1st XV prospects. As exciting as Veianu is at FB, Bell for me is the steady one every team needs, with a real siege gun boot and able to double at 10 reasonably well (as did Smurf!).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
gamebird

Post by gamebird »

I agree Pearce and McCaffrey are the 2 I want us to keep
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Next season, in his favoured position, Bell would be behind Tait, Veianu, Morris, Betham. Filling in at 10 he will be behind Williams, Burns and Toomua. Decent squad player he may be (personally think he has a good kicking game and not too much beyond that) but it is understandable that he will see greater opportunity elsewhere and that Tigers will not throw salary cap (hah!) his way to get him to stay.
Pearce IMO worth another season to see if further development comes - although I don't see a guy who will compete with the best 8s around the league there. Another season would also allow us to have a proper look at Fonua - who I would think is about the only new signing this season who still needs to prove his worth. He looked like he could do the big lump, crash ball stuff, but what about the rest of the 8's job?
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Granby; I fear you are wrong in your assessment of Tommy Bell I feel he is a very worth while player who has never let the side down in whatever position he has played. If you use the same rule as you have just done for Matt Smith then he would not be here now for he was quoted as just a good Club player.
Tommy Bell is worth keeping for I don't think we have seen the best of this lad by a long way, If we are to put the Tigers back at the top then players like him must be part of that squad.
If you want any hints as to his worth just look at the way we played after he came on, on saturday.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Just to put Tommy Bell's qualities in perspective! Tiger have now played 15 games in the AP and ECC this season. Starting 10s:

Tommy Bell 5 starts - wins 5
Owen Williams 6 starts - wins 5
Freddie Burns 4 starts - wins 2.

Nuff sed!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

DickyP wrote:Just to put Tommy Bell's qualities in perspective! Tiger have now played 15 games in the AP and ECC this season. Starting 10s:

Tommy Bell 5 starts - wins 5
Owen Williams 6 starts - wins 5
Freddie Burns 4 starts - wins 2.

Nuff sed!
This is a little misleading Dickyp..Bell has only really started against the weaker sides surely? (feel free to tell me if I am wrong) I would love to keep him he is a great squad player but I think he has aspirations of more and fair enough..