Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Stade v Tigers

Post by jgriffin »

TigerCam wrote:
Qbec wrote:Anyone notice the difference when Tommy Bell came on. He is such a handy player to have and a dam good kicker. We must keep him at Tigers
I believe he is off after the season so he can get more game time at 10?
Which is precisely why I previously posted we shouldn't let him go. He does the same job OW does and is just as deadly a kicker, while being a good FB and to me a long term proposition for that position. Tigers will be stupid to let him go.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I don't care that we were already through, that was a shocking performance. We were second best in every department.
TigerCam wrote:
Qbec wrote:Anyone notice the difference when Tommy Bell came on. He is such a handy player to have and a dam good kicker. We must keep him at Tigers
I believe he is off after the season so he can get more game time at 10?
Really hope Bell stays, best kicker at the club. I believe he would become our first choice full back if he stays here.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

So have we got Stade in the quarters?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

Looks like round 3 in April
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

SF in the QF unless Clermont win by 39 and Ospreys win too then it is Clermont.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Two disallowed tries, both of which should have been given. Especially as two of
Stadze tries were scored from forward passes.

I am getting a bit concerned by our scrum, I have never been used to a Tigers
scrum being bettered and we were again today.(Except in the line=out)
A life long Tiger
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I agree Tommy may well be our go to full back in the near future he certainly is for me our second best place kicker now. Freddie whilst being a good flyhalf is not as good as OW and to be perfectly honest l never know which Freddie is going to turn up on the day. So TB is a good backup flyhalf and an excellent full back. Whatever the best position for TB he is a must to keep at the club for the future.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I agree Tom Youngs was daft and worse, when under pressure, he botched a line-out that would have led to a lovely try from a rehearsed move. Eddie Jones is right. It happens far too often to be coincidence that in a strong attacking position (say 5m out) the throw from TY goes astray.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

9 and 10 seemed at sorts today and Harrison and Bell were to my mind the better combination. Maybe nobody wanted to get injured.
Would prefer to keep Bell whatever it takes and with the amount of backs rotation should be easy. Now all we need are forwards who can think!
Andy W

Post by Andy W »

Bit disappointing, but Stade had it all to play for, and at home.

The TMO was a bit of a disappointment, from a Tigers' perspective. *Maybe* he got the calls right, but it just seems that Tigers got the thin end of quite a few marginals, and which had a big impact on the game. Shame.

So, I do think Tigers were better than the scoreline (though huge amounts to work on). It was a touch alarming to concede 19 points (without reply) in quite such short order. This compared with too many occasions - as usua- of "one out" balls to a static Dan Cole at first receiver (Tigers must be capable of more dynamism than that).
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

Smudge: Nice to see that the TMO "helpfully" spotted our marginal forward pass but not the (after decisions in recent weeks) red card "gouging" offence which would have meant them playing with 14 men for nearly the whole second half (I suspect Youngs' yellow was related from escalating tensions)

I thought that Clancy on the whole had a reasonable game but would have liked to see him do something more about what seemed to be constant Stade infringements in defence.

On the subject of the TMO, I want to know why, with the rules as they currently stand, is it not drilled into our heads to go for a quick drop when they score under the posts and not give the TMO the opportunity to go back 300 phases for a minor fumble like they seem to do so sometimes.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LittleBigG wrote:Smudge: Nice to see that the TMO "helpfully" spotted our marginal forward pass but not the (after decisions in recent weeks) red card "gouging" offence which would have meant them playing with 14 men for nearly the whole second half (I suspect Youngs' yellow was related from escalating tensions)

I thought that Clancy on the whole had a reasonable game but would have liked to see him do something more about what seemed to be constant Stade infringements in defence.

On the subject of the TMO, I want to know why, with the rules as they currently stand, is it not drilled into our heads to go for a quick drop when they score under the posts and not give the TMO the opportunity to go back 300 phases for a minor fumble like they seem to do so sometimes.
The TMO should have spotted the Cole incident as you could see Cole protecting his face in the first replay.

Amateur.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

The TMO was shocking, if the ref wants to have a look at something then it should be used, any foul play that isn't picked up can be dealt with by the citing committee,how the TMO can try to sell his story to disallow the barrow try then mouth up at the point were taking a conversion for the bell try is a disgrace, it was a flat pass and no angle could show it was forward, this sort of TMO will kill rugby, the game. Tigers were out flanked first half, some poor tacking, Clancy missing no end of infringements and an awful interfering TMO, the gouge on Cole was plain and simple to see, has to be a 10 week ban!!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Ben and Freddie were both poor today, Ben slow, knock ons etc. our front row is a worry, don't give it to Dan in his hands he does not have any. Repacements clearly better today, Stade did what they had to do, suppose it was difficult for our lads to win a game that did not matter, but shame to come up short in an away arena again.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Clearly the boys had major provocation today when the officials take no notice of gouging.
An alternative theory is that Tom decided he needed to up his card count in order to be considered as an England captain.
Jez

Only Winners Win!