Euro Superleague thoughts

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigersunited

Re: Euro Superleague thoughts

Post by Tigersunited »

Is that a problem then? Punters paying more and helping the clubs finances? Engineering profit to help us compete without a sugar daddy.... I'll wait for the new Holland and Barrett before passing judgement on facilities
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tigersunited wrote:Is that a problem then? Punters paying more and helping the clubs finances? Engineering profit to help us compete without a sugar daddy.... I'll wait for the new Holland and Barrett before passing judgement on facilities
It may have escaped your attention but we have a sugar daddy.

Not a problem for me but appears to cause those who wish to be able to buy Guinness and Chips in the ground some disquiet!
Still keeping the faith!
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Escaped my attention? I am clearly too dim to notice we have been bought out? Who are these people with disquiet, I don't seem to have heard from them?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tigersunited wrote:Escaped my attention? I am clearly too dim to notice we have been bought out? Who are these people with disquiet, I don't seem to have heard from them?
Clearly so.

The son of one of Peter Tom's friends bought a majority interest in Tigers some months ago.

just read the forum (particularly the catering feedback thread)

Or the minutes of the AGM for both!
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

But we digress:

A Euro superleague. 12 clubs. Home and away. 66 matches. Mininimum attendance 20K Average ticket price £100. TV Revenue. Sponsorship. Associated hospitality. Add in play offs. No brainer!!!
Still keeping the faith!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Bill W (2) wrote:But we digress:

A Euro superleague. 12 clubs. Home and away. 66 matches. Mininimum attendance 20K Average ticket price £100. TV Revenue. Sponsorship. Associated hospitality. Add in play offs. No brainer!!!
Non starter more like :smt003

Are there 12 clubs currently out there with their own, normal grounds that can hold 20k+? Would rule out Bath, Saints and Sarries for starters... Hmmm, this is beginning to sound appealing :smt003
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Controlling interest yes, sugar daddy no.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Just to clarify 12 teams home and away = 132 matches (not sure where 66 comes from?) Average ticket price £100 and average attendance 20,000 again where do those figures come from?

My maths teacher always said: show your workings! :smt002
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

So, I think two things:

1. How has the Southern Hemisphere cross border league worked? Seems to have been a success? And the teams there have to travel much further than the teams in Europe would need to.

2. Isn't the European cup our opportunity to play teams from Europe? Isn't it the rarity of being able to play the other top team in Europe that helps to make the European cup so popular/successful?

Part of me is charmed by the idea of a Euro Superleague, but on balance I think there are likely to be too many inhibitors and hurdles, and i rather like the Premiership. Interesting idea though.