Captain Hartley

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Captain Hartley

Post by rocktop51 »

Noddy555 wrote:If Hartley is named captain, I will not watch the England games in the six nations, I'll probably switch my allegiance to Ireland. The man is a walking nightmare in both terms of leadership and moral discipline and behaviour, he isn't even the first choice hooker at the Saints. Still Northampton have one more match before Monday so let's keep our fingers crossed.
Cant beat patriotism can you ! :smt017 I dont rate Hartley but I still support England. :smt023
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

For all we know this selection could be an inspired double-bluff. Maybe EJ hopes that opposition players will spend time trying to wind up Hartley and concentrate less on playing.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

voice of the crumbie wrote:For all we know this selection could be an inspired double-bluff. Maybe EJ hopes that opposition players will spend time trying to wind up Hartley and concentrate less on playing.
Unlikely as unfortunately not that many of them are as dull as Dullan.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Bit of a faux pas I think, Ben Youngs designated to give out we are all backing Hartley, what message does that send out to his brother? Someone else should have been given that task, not Ben. :smt017
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

G.K wrote:
voice of the crumbie wrote:For all we know this selection could be an inspired double-bluff. Maybe EJ hopes that opposition players will spend time trying to wind up Hartley and concentrate less on playing.
Unlikely as unfortunately not that many of them are as dull as Dullan.
Or worse, as dull as people posting endlessly about Hartley as if their perpetual whinging will somehow change the selection. Perhaps it makes them feel better?

Maybe, but I'm willing to bet they've missed the irony of their own posts.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

LE18 wrote:Bit of a faux pas I think, Ben Youngs designated to give out we are all backing Hartley, what message does that send out to his brother? Someone else should have been given that task, not Ben. :smt017
The England media spin machine is in full Hartley overdrive, Youngs no doubt realised that his future England chances would not be enhanced unless he broadcasted and towed the party line. I have no doubt that England are not overly concerned about any possible effect on OTY.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Sajerj wrote:England Grand Slam for me. Robshaw to be player of the tournament.
They will even lose to Scotland, who if you remember, should have beaten Australia in the WC, if it weren't for an incorrect refereeing decision. England didn't come close to Oz. I even think the selected players are worse than they were under Lancaster. I am especially looking forward to Jonathan Danty running over Fazlet when England play France. That game shall be hilarious. My prediction is England to finish 5th and France to win.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Pellsey wrote:
They will even lose to Scotland, who if you remember, should have beaten Australia in the WC, if it weren't for an incorrect refereeing decision. England didn't come close to Oz.
Using the same logic, Scotland easily beat Japan, who beat South Africa so Scotland should have beaten South Africa. Oh. They didn't. Maybe the logic is flawed :smt002
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Haha, maybe. But I still believe that Scotland looked more promising in the WC than England and still do...

But this is only a prediction. You can call me on this if I get it wrong!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Pellsey wrote:
They will even lose to Scotland, who if you remember, should have beaten Australia in the WC, if it weren't for an incorrect refereeing decision. England didn't come close to Oz. I even think the selected players are worse than they were under Lancaster. I am especially looking forward to Jonathan Danty running over Fazlet when England play France. That game shall be hilarious. My prediction is England to finish 5th and France to win.
Does you Mum know you're on here?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.