Interesting citing....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Interesting citing....

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Maidman wrote:any gouging doesn't look deliberate.
By choosing to grab somenones face (eye area) from behind and pull back with enough force to put him to the floor is deliberate, and therefore is malicious. Ashton's only hope is that no camera footage shows his fingers over the eyes, but all the same you'd have to be unbelievably naive or daft to think he didn't actually make contact to the eyes.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I think Ashton was wreckless and careless, but I see nothing to suggest he deliberately set out to gouge. He should still be punished for his wrecklessness.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

The offence, IIRC from Owen Williams case, is "contact with the eye area". Doesn't have to be a gouge.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Cagey Tiger wrote:The offence, IIRC from Owen Williams case, is "contact with the eye area". Doesn't have to be a gouge.
But Williams not only committed the offence whilst blatantly wearing a shirt with a Tigers badge on, but he also wasn't about to play for England in the 6 Nations, if any ban was needed it will end on 5th February!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Iain wrote:
Looks like that could even be mid-entry. Rather than just grab, he looks to me like he's trying to squeeze or twist. Certainly manipulate in some way.

It might be a bit funny because it's happening to a man's naughty bits, but that would be sensationally painful. It's a disgusting act of foul play, and one of those unwritten rules - a line that you don't cross as a player. A deserved lengthy ban awaits.
Bag-snatching was common in the old days by forwards, but the well-deserved smack in the chops that was the payback didn't attract a ban either.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote: Bag-snatching was common in the old days by forwards, but the well-deserved smack in the chops that was the payback didn't attract a ban either.
Ah those were the days! No need for an offence called "not rolling away" if you lay over the ball you got raked off it!! Perfectly legal use of the boot!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Bill W (2) wrote:
jgriffin wrote: Bag-snatching was common in the old days by forwards, but the well-deserved smack in the chops that was the payback didn't attract a ban either.
Ah those were the days! No need for an offence called "not rolling away" if you lay over the ball you got raked off it!! Perfectly legal use of the boot!

:smt023
I can still remember the first time it happened. My shirt was shredded and my mum played hell, then she put Dettol on the scars and scrubbed them to get the mud out. Fortunately no lasting marks, unlike my knees which still bear the scars of same method, repeated many times.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote: I can still remember the first time it happened. My shirt was shredded and my mum played hell, then she put Dettol on the scars and scrubbed them to get the mud out. Fortunately no lasting marks, unlike my knees which still bear the scars of same method, repeated many times.
Ah! You had to tuck your knees into your chest not leave them lying out and vulnerable! The head also had to be protected (with the arms!) Alternatively you could refrain from lying all over the ball (cowardice)!

Happy days!

:smt026
Still keeping the faith!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Forwards, they're all mad!
Regards
A Fullback
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Ashton banned for 10 weeks....interesting to see who they call up as a replacement...

https://twitter.com/MichaelC_RTE?ref_sr ... r%5Eauthor
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Clearly not much discount for remorse unless they deemed it mid entry.

Bye bye England career.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

I thought it was a 12 week minimum?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Grannyman wrote:I thought it was a 12 week minimum?
Can be reduced for a guilty plea and/or remorse etc.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I think he will get another chance with England EJ seems to like people with 'something to prove'.....
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

JackFlashJonny wrote:I think he will get another chance with England EJ seems to like people with 'something to prove'.....
I suspect he's made life difficult for himself. All it takes is for his replacement to take his chance and he's in the cold again.