Weather For saturday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

gamebird

Weather For saturday

Post by gamebird »

Looking at The Weather forecast for Saturday Its not good with temperature not set to rise mush above zero during the day and fall much lower after sunset With a 7.45 kick off will it even get started?
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Weather For saturday

Post by Maidman »

I'd be very surprised if it doesn't get started!

Others will recall better than me, but I think it was a European Cup game against Toulouse where grounds staff were clearing snow off the white lines on the pitch whilst the game was going on. I see to remember Toby Flood having a go at one of them!

I shall be wearing my winter woollies and thermals come Saturday night though!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The hip flask shall be full of medicinal malt :smt023
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Iain wrote:The hip flask shall be full of medicinal malt :smt023
As is recorded on previous thread, the late KO change means I shall not be attending, Happy to drink your health in front of the TV!

I do feel sorry though for those unfortunates in the new Cat stand who will have a sub zero wind whistling round their ears in a stand that is still "open" front and back even though it was (theoretically) finished 4 months ago.

Wrap up warm people!

:smt006
Still keeping the faith!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Bill, if it was as cold in the Crumbie seats as I recall England A vs NZ A many years ago in sub-zero weather, I would stay in front of the fire!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I suspect that the weather, TV and KO time will mean that last week's turnout won't be challenged. The challenge of a warm seat in the pub with an endless supply of decent beer is tempting. Mrs GS and I will be there, probably looking like a pair of Micheline men with all the thermals in our possession in use.

I hate to admit it but I was given a flask for Christmas so that may well make an appearance, with a generous libation mixed with the hot coffee, or chocolate. No tartan rug, yet, but where can I get some hot flavoured Werther's?
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Jon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Jon »

GS wrote:I suspect that the weather, TV and KO time will mean that last week's turnout won't be challenged. The challenge of a warm seat in the pub with an endless supply of decent beer is tempting. Mrs GS and I will be there, probably looking like a pair of Micheline men with all the thermals in our possession in use.

I hate to admit it but I was given a flask for Christmas so that may well make an appearance, with a generous libation mixed with the hot coffee, or chocolate. No tartan rug, yet, but where can I get some hot flavoured Werther's?
I'm currently undecided. I travel up from Portsmouth... Will see if the team sheet later inspires me more than being bothered about being frozen.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I suspect that the weather, TV and KO time will mean that last week's turnout won't be challenged.
I think 20,000 would be a decent turnout tomorrow...
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

jgriffin wrote:Bill, if it was as cold in the Crumbie seats as I recall England A vs NZ A many years ago in sub-zero weather, I would stay in front of the fire!
Noooooooo! We need everyone there! I'm relying on shared bodily warmth!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

No such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes. That and sobriety.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

MrPartridge wrote:
I suspect that the weather, TV and KO time will mean that last week's turnout won't be challenged.
I think 20,000 would be a decent turnout tomorrow...
Is that the good old 'tickets sold' 20,000 or actual bodies there?
Maidman wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Bill, if it was as cold in the Crumbie seats as I recall England A vs NZ A many years ago in sub-zero weather, I would stay in front of the fire!
Noooooooo! We need everyone there! I'm relying on shared bodily warmth!
Ah, the good old 'penguin effect', best seen on the planks of the Crumbie. It wouldn't be the first time people have gathered together to keep the warmth in. Can't do that in the posh seats.
Iain wrote:No such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes. That and sobriety.
Ah, the wisdom of youth. Beware young man, you've already forsaken the the terrace for seats, the flask and tartan blanket await round the corner. You could try explaining the philosophy to Mrs GS. It won't get you anywhere - but it will get you steamed up :smt023
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

You wonderful man. You just called me young.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Iain wrote:The hip flask shall be full of medicinal malt :smt023
As is recorded on previous thread, the late KO change means I shall not be attending, Happy to drink your health in front of the TV!

I do feel sorry though for those unfortunates in the new Cat stand who will have a sub zero wind whistling round their ears in a stand that is still "open" front and back even though it was (theoretically) finished 4 months ago.

Wrap up warm people!

:smt006
I thought your generation was tougher than this Bill!! Just near Stansted aren't you if I remember right? In your car by 10, dash along the A6, onto the A14 to where it meets the M11, hop along a bit and you're home before midnight with a nice warm cocoa. Man up! :smt002
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Iain wrote:You wonderful man. You just called me young.
It's all relative, don't get too excited. :smt018
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Hey I might have been a sprightly young upstart when I moderated this forum but I'm now in a grown up professional job, have grown a beard, bought a house, bought jumpers with elbow patches, become a father and am considering an MPV as my next car purchase.

Comparative to my previous life I'm ancient! Though this has given me a taste for malt whisky. Much needed on Saturday night!