England Squad - OTY Dropped !!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: England Squad - OTY Dropped !!!!!

Post by Noddy555 »

There's a rumour going around Northampton that Hartley will miss out on the 6 nations through injury so OTY will replace him and some sanity return to the England squad.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Noddy555 wrote:There's a rumour going around Northampton that Hartley will miss out on the 6 nations through injury so OTY will replace him and some sanity return to the England squad.
Truth or just wishful thinking.....

Ashton is most likely to miss out as he is cited on Wednesday for an alleged gouging incident at the weekend. Minimum tariff is a 12 week ban.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

Noddy555 wrote:There's a rumour going around Northampton that Hartley will miss out on the 6 nations through injury so OTY will replace him and some sanity return to the England squad.
If true, i wouldn't be surprised if Haywood was called up as a replacement, bearing in mind that he's now the best hooker at Saints.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Please, as I have demonstrated, explained and opined at exhaustive length, I am not anti-Tigers, I am just not afraid to express an opinion that questions selection or tactics. I am not in love with Saracens, I, like many people who understand the game, have a lot of grudging respect for them and their success.

As has already been said, this article has developed, it is still 'on topic'.

I have explained at length that a link between jones, Saracens and their style of play could benefit England.

Frankly, you're just making yourself look rather dull now that we've established those facts, and that your 'facts' weren't facts at all....

Your anti-Tigers and Sarries love in is so obvious there is little point in discussion with you.
Thanks for the dull insult, if you thought higher of me i'd be proper insulted!
Cheery chappy
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

The Boy Dave wrote:
Please, as I have demonstrated, explained and opined at exhaustive length, I am not anti-Tigers, I am just not afraid to express an opinion that questions selection or tactics. I am not in love with Saracens, I, like many people who understand the game, have a lot of grudging respect for them and their success.

As has already been said, this article has developed, it is still 'on topic'.

I have explained at length that a link between jones, Saracens and their style of play could benefit England.

Frankly, you're just making yourself look rather dull now that we've established those facts, and that your 'facts' weren't facts at all....

Your anti-Tigers and Sarries love in is so obvious there is little point in discussion with you.
Thanks for the dull insult, if you thought higher of me i'd be proper insulted!
Since you re-defined irony several postings ago, I really can't be bothered to explain how in awe I am of you for attempting to improve on your achievement.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Disagree Doublecarpet, putting aside a proven international and substituting another international is a far cry from introducing an untried player.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

if I were OTY I would politely decline sighting that "I'm noones "injury replacement" if you wanted me you should have picked me".

But then I suspect I'm a far more bitter and vindictive person then he is
Hiron
Tiger Cub

Post by Hiron »

As far as I'm concerned, OTY is now TGFE (Too Good For England/Eddie - take your pick).
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Oh no! I thought we were going to keep him at Tigers.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Hiron wrote:As far as I'm concerned, OTY is now TGFE (Too Good For England/Eddie - take your pick).
Unfortunately, whilst a good player, he is neither too good for England, or Eddie Jones.

Rumours of Hartley's injury are just that, rumours (and a certain amount of wishful thinking on behalf of some).

Tigers should be pleased OTY hasn't been selected, he is best placed at the club. I mean, if OTY is such a good player 'too good for England...' - then surely supporters should be glad he hasn't been selected, so that such mercurial talent tides Tigers over during the international window?
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

Roly wrote:
Roly wrote:

Okay, not 'dominant' perhaps, but certainly very successful in recent years. All the more impressive when you consider how recently this transition took place. They may have run out of steam before, but that was then, this is now. It is quite clear that the club infrastructure from top down, is geared towards long term success and that it is paying off. Certainly this season, there isn't another team in the same class really. Can't see them struggling to make the top four this year, the strength in depth is frightening.
Still get shafted by the All Blacks, be it on grass, paper or plastic. Is that pragmatic enough for you.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

jonlin wrote:
Roly wrote:
Roly wrote:

Okay, not 'dominant' perhaps, but certainly very successful in recent years. All the more impressive when you consider how recently this transition took place. They may have run out of steam before, but that was then, this is now. It is quite clear that the club infrastructure from top down, is geared towards long term success and that it is paying off. Certainly this season, there isn't another team in the same class really. Can't see them struggling to make the top four this year, the strength in depth is frightening.
Still get shafted by the All Blacks, be it on grass, paper or plastic. Is that pragmatic enough for you.
Yes, great analogy. :smt046
Pinot Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pinot Tiger »

Lest we forget, another hooker selected on 'form' by Eddie, Luke Cowan Dickie, hasn't played since November 15th, and only 4 times previous to that. He has totalled a measly 294 minutes on the pitch this season in prem and euro games.
Think Eddie will come knocking again soon...
To Toulouse and beyond...
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Noones replacement, didn't know noone was injured? :smt005
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Pinot Tiger wrote:Lest we forget, another hooker selected on 'form' by Eddie, Luke Cowan Dickie, hasn't played since November 15th, and only 4 times previous to that. He has totalled a measly 294 minutes on the pitch this season in prem and euro games.
Think Eddie will come knocking again soon...
You're absolutely right, it would almost be up there in terms of odd selections with the previous head coach selecting Sam Burgess, out of position, in a code of the game he hadn't played until 18 months previous to the WC. And then there were the other centre partnership inspired picks, crucial selections at 10, half-back and the front row with Hartley not being picked....

In other words, give Jones a chance, things could hardly get worse.