Damn it!! More Fixtures moved from 3pm on a Saturday!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Damn it!! More Fixtures moved from 3pm on a Saturday!!!

Post by Iain »

It has been announced that all fixtures in round 22, the final round of the Premiership season, will kick off at 3.15pm on Saturday May 7th.

I hope that doesn't inconvenience anyone getting to Bath...
doublecarpet

Re: Damn it!! More Fixtures moved from 3pm on a Saturday!!!

Post by doublecarpet »

After going twice last season I've committed to never going there again!!!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

doublecarpet wrote:After going twice last season I've committed to never going there again!!!
Lovely place to go for an away game though. I'm trying to persuade the other half that it would be nice to have a day out there, during which I take a time out and go to the game. I'll let you know if I get successful with that idea!!
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Wish you luck with that ploy. It doesn't work for me despite her only two matches in 25 years being in Dublin and Paris.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

Iain wrote:
doublecarpet wrote:After going twice last season I've committed to never going there again!!!
Lovely place to go for an away game though. I'm trying to persuade the other half that it would be nice to have a day out there, during which I take a time out and go to the game. I'll let you know if I get successful with that idea!!
Indeed, it was more the 90 points we leaked over the two games that has deterred me!!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

doublecarpet wrote:Indeed, it was more the 90 points we leaked over the two games that has deterred me!!
Maybe you're a jinx on the team away at Bath. In which case with the greatest respect glad you have decided not to go again. :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Iain wrote:It has been announced that all fixtures in round 22, the final round of the Premiership season, will kick off at 3.15pm on Saturday May 7th.

I hope that doesn't inconvenience anyone getting to Bath...
Not sure why they announce the last games @3pm when due to television rules a 3pm game cannot be shown live on tv, and every year all games are moved to start at the same time anyway
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

At least someone in the club notices the problems with stupid game times!

Simon Cohen in today's Rugby Paper

"Cohen, meanwhile has expressed concern over the mounting number of fixtures televised live on Saturday and Sunday evenings, particularly European games, which he claims are affecting attendances at big games. A number of Premiership clubs are believed to be annoyed and Cohen said 'If you sell your TV rights then TV will want to put matches on at the best time for them but one thing that will sustain the game is fans in the ground'.

'Kick-off times such as 7.45 pm on a Saturday night and 5.15 pm on Sundays are a significant disincentive for fans to attend live games.

Crowds have been down at those times and fans tell us that was the sole reason didn't go.'"
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."