Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Behaviour at Welford Road.

Post by wormus »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Bowden Tiger wrote:He had also brought a small naan.
I read elsewhere about an incident on the terrace where a 62 year old lady (very specific about age, she mentioned it apparently) berated some younger people who had stood where she normally stands, they obviously got there before her. Maybe she couldn't see past them.

Was this the small Nan? Are the incidents related? :smt002 :smt003
I've got my coat.....thanks :smt023
This old lady is well known on the terrace as Mad Ras, her husband Papa Dom and son Sam Osa are normally with her to control her takeaway emotions.

I've got my coat.....thanks :smt023
I suggest Whitecap you balti but kurma back soon! :smt039
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

Such argy-bhaji means there's never a dahl moment...
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

catflap wrote:I think the main problem on Saturday was the number of part time rugby fans who were there ie football fans. There were considerably more people with no club colours/shirts etc than normal. Don't take this as me saying that casual fans shouldn't turn up, but they need to appreciate that we have a different set of standards to soccer fans.
most football fans are NOT rugby fans so wouldn't have gone, especially as Leicester City's game was on Sky and finished not long before the Tigers game
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
catflap wrote:I think the main problem on Saturday was the number of part time rugby fans who were there ie football fans. There were considerably more people with no club colours/shirts etc than normal. Don't take this as me saying that casual fans shouldn't turn up, but they need to appreciate that we have a different set of standards to soccer fans.
most football fans are NOT rugby fans so wouldn't have gone, especially as Leicester City's game was on Sky and finished not long before the Tigers game
You would be suprised how many there are, I remember when city would play at 3pm on a saturday with tigers at 5.15, there would be a steady stream of fans running from the king power to welford road..

As for for casual fans not wearing club colours, I buy the new shirt every year, but the last few games I havnt worn it because its been too cold or wet and have instead wore a jumper and coat
bazzwick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by bazzwick »

I have been a regular at WR since the late 70s (as a child) and a ST holder for many years.

Funnily enough I do not wear replica shirts as they look absolutely ridiculous on adults.

Apologies if that makes me any less of a supporter.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

bazzwick wrote:I have been a regular at WR since the late 70s (as a child) and a ST holder for many years.

Funnily enough I do not wear replica shirts as they look absolutely ridiculous on adults.

I have to agree, it looks odd. Although you have to admit, its popular.

The notion that you may not be as committed a supporter by not wearing one is just laughable.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

bazzwick wrote:I have been a regular at WR since the late 70s (as a child) and a ST holder for many years.

I think the modern, shiny, fitted ones look a bit daft, but old school baggy cotton ones are fine.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I agree, the matchday kit being tight and shiny does nothing for us older and or slightly more portly fans!

However, I do like to wear my traditional and more loose fitting 'classic' shirt and like to see others doing the same. I like that you can see shirts from years ago.

If 'fan' is short for fanatical, then I guess not wearing a shirt probably does make you a little less fanatical than those that do, but it doesn't need to be a judgement of your commitment or support. Mrs Maidman is a very big fan, but she wouldn't be seen dead in a rugby shirt!
catflap
Tiger Cub

Post by catflap »

Roly wrote:

The notion that you may not be as committed a supporter by not wearing one is just laughable.
I wasn't suggesting that not wearing a shirt makes you any less of a fan, it was a simple observation that there were considerably less people than normal wearing some form of club colour (i.e hat/scarf/frilly knickers). It was also based on overhearing a number of conversations where people were discussing that it was their first match for XXX years. It just seemed too much of a coincidence that the behavior wasn't its normal boisterous but friendly nature.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

catflap wrote:
Roly wrote:

I wasn't suggesting that not wearing a shirt makes you any less of a fan, it was a simple observation that there were considerably less people than normal wearing some form of club colour (i.e hat/scarf/frilly knickers). It was also based on overhearing a number of conversations where people were discussing that it was their first match for XXX years. It just seemed too much of a coincidence that the behavior wasn't its normal boisterous but friendly nature.
Fair enough.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

My daughter and her fiancee were subjected to foul mouthed
abuse and being manhandled in the Holland & Barrett during the match today. Their abusers were incensed that they were both wearing Tigers pom pom hats they had spent their hard earned cash on from the TIGERS shop. They demanded that they both remove their hats as it was blocking their view. Sad state of affairs that should have been subject to this abuse by two elderly tigers supporters. Needless to say that they reported this to the stewards who just basically reminded their abusers that supporters have a right to wear such hats, amazingly it was at this juncture that they were verbally abused the steward said and did nothing.

I must say that if it had been the other way around ie young supporters verbally abusing and man handling elderly supporters, I believe the action of the steward would have been different

So much for TIGERS being a family club!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

This will get removed so read quickly but old folk can be much ruder than the youth of today!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Last edited by ellis9 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Pains me to say it but I agree and frankly they should hang their heads in shame that they behaved this way.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Who would've thought it, the shock and horror, people wearing hats in the cold, how inconsiderate! :smt005
What is the world coming to, what with those wooly headed folk, OAP's waving their walking sticks and young blokes drinking too much it'll soon be too dangerous to leave the house!