Pathetic BBC

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Pathetic BBC

Post by biffer »

Please don't post links to the Daily Mail, it makes me nauseous.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

biffer wrote:Please don't post links to the Daily Mail, it makes me nauseous.
You may not like the DM's politics but it actually covers rugby very well. Take a look! :smt002
Soggypitch
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Soggypitch wrote:
biffer wrote:Please don't post links to the Daily Mail, it makes me nauseous.
You may not like the DM's politics but it actually covers rugby very well. Take a look! :smt002
Just so long as you also remember to duct tape the right side of your computer screen to hide the anger inducing inanity that they consider newsworthy headlines.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

^+1
Valhalla I am coming!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Wouldn't it be interesting if the licence fee were to be scrapped?

The BBC would have to change hugely both in terms of how it seeks out its audience and ignoring middle England (physically and metaphorically)

As Digby Jones (formerly CBI person) said that Birmingham is just as important as Scotland) so why should Scotland be treated more favourably?

The same should apply to the BBC and its coverage of news and sport. It's not acceptable to cover rugby in Wales and Scotland yet pretty much ignore the sport the East Midlands where the two biggest rugby clubs are in terms of TV news coverage.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

mol2 wrote:Wouldn't it be interesting if the licence fee were to be scrapped?

The BBC would have to change hugely both in terms of how it seeks out its audience and ignoring middle England (physically and metaphorically)

As Digby Jones (formerly CBI person) said that Birmingham is just as important as Scotland) so why should Scotland be treated more favourably?

The same should apply to the BBC and its coverage of news and sport. It's not acceptable to cover rugby in Wales and Scotland yet pretty much ignore the sport the East Midlands where the two biggest rugby clubs are in terms of TV news coverage.
Two? BBC East Midlands doesn't cover either Saints (BBC East) or Wasps (BBC West Midlands) & anyway Tigers don't play in Nottingham so will always be of secondary importance unless story can be spun negatively.