Pathetic BBC

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pathetic BBC

Post by tigercaspian »

Just sat through the sports news on BBC 10 o'clock news......
FA Cup results.......fair enough
Hearts v Aberdeen, crowd 14000
Cross country - Farah loses in a mudbath
Darts , crowd 3000
Tigers v Saints, no report , crowd 25000
Sarries league leaders lose for first time, no report , crowd 15000
Exeter close gap on league leaders Sarries, no report, crowd 13000

Pathetic BBC.............
Bleaklow

Re: Pathetic BBC

Post by Bleaklow »

I didn't see the news but I can understand your frustration. The BBC is going the same mardy way as Sky, i.e. if they're not covering it, they're not interested in it. They almost see it as advertising for the opposition if they report on something they don't have.

I've just watched the Tigers match again and noticed a very short post-match analysis and no chat with Cockers. This was obviously due to BT Sports being desperate to get to the blessed football asap. We could quite easily have kicked off at 3pm yesterday, had a 30 minute build-up on BT Sports as opposed to the 45 minutes we had and then there would have been sufficient time for a decent post mortem.

Rocket science? I don't think so.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Bleaklow wrote:I didn't see the news but I can understand your frustration. The BBC is going the same mardy way as Sky, i.e. if they're not covering it, they're not interested in it. They almost see it as advertising for the opposition if they report on something they don't have.

I've just watched the Tigers match again and noticed a very short post-match analysis and no chat with Cockers. This was obviously due to BT Sports being desperate to get to the blessed football asap. We could quite easily have kicked off at 3pm yesterday, had a 30 minute build-up on BT Sports as opposed to the 45 minutes we had and then there would have been sufficient time for a decent post mortem.

Rocket science? I don't think so.
When auntie re vamped their home page I took part in a survey tried to be positive without being scathing. Not a thing I suggested was taken on board, I suggested they keep up to date and maybe include the championship even if it was just the results. The footie has all the leagues with their own pages,but rugby gets nothing.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Same on regional news. ITV Midlands often have rugby and had a good 3 or so minutes including a minute of Cockers' interview this week. BBC Midlands zero.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

tigercaspian wrote:Just sat through the sports news on BBC 10 o'clock news......
FA Cup results.......fair enough
Hearts v Aberdeen, crowd 14000
Cross country - Farah loses in a mudbath
Darts , crowd 3000
Tigers v Saints, no report , crowd 25000
Sarries league leaders lose for first time, no report , crowd 15000
Exeter close gap on league leaders Sarries, no report, crowd 13000

Pathetic BBC.............
The reality is that the BBC's interest in Rugby Union only extends to the Celtic nations. Been like it for years.

Who on earth gives a monkey's about Scottish football? Yet Scottish second division soccer gets as much if not more reporting as rugby union in spit of even the locals that follow the teams numbering no more than 2 old blokes and a stray dog.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I would say the BBC's interest only extends to the 6 nations. Driving back yesterday, the match report on 5live was an interview with Cockers about Manu and would he be fit for England. The actual match got one sentence
Off Piste Tiger

Post by Off Piste Tiger »

At least BBC Radio Leicester give The Tigers good coverage , but to be fair they cover all the local sports well .
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Compare and Contrast:

BBC and Tigers Catering.
Still keeping the faith!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Bill W (2) wrote:Compare and Contrast:

BBC and Tigers Catering.
Not just Tigers yesterday: gave up in the Swan, gave up in the Robert Peel, almost died of thirst in the queue outside the Metrx. I'm seriously considering bootlegging out of the back of my car in the Granby Halls car park!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

L Smith wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:Compare and Contrast:

BBC and Tigers Catering.
Not just Tigers yesterday: gave up in the Swan, gave up in the Robert Peel, almost died of thirst in the queue outside the Metrx. I'm seriously considering bootlegging out of the back of my car in the Granby Halls car park!
Could get good business!

Service in Nando's was excellent however! Despite the number of Saint's fans!!
Still keeping the faith!
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

The BBC is run for and on the behalf of the Liberal left. You have interest in a sport that they see as elitist, attended by people with constructive opinions. You are not their audience.
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

The BBC is run for and on the behalf of the Liberal left. You have interest in a sport that they see as elitist, attended by people with constructive opinions. You are not their audience.
Bleaklow

Post by Bleaklow »

jonlin wrote:The BBC is run for and on the behalf of the Liberal left. You have interest in a sport that they see as elitist, attended by people with constructive opinions. You are not their audience.
I couldn't agree more.

I have worked for the BBC on and off for the last 25 years in London and Manchester. As an able-bodied, white, married heterosexual with slightly right of centre political views, I have always felt myself to be in the minority.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

jonlin wrote:The BBC is run for and on the behalf of the Liberal left. You have interest in a sport that they see as elitist, attended by people with constructive opinions. You are not their audience.
Of course it is. Peter Hitchens told you so.
Bleaklow wrote:I couldn't agree more.

I have worked for the BBC on and off for the last 25 years in London and Manchester. As an able-bodied, white, married heterosexual with slightly right of centre political views, I have always felt myself to be in the minority.
Well, you're not.
Bleaklow

Post by Bleaklow »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:Well, you're not.
S&M, I did mean whilst I was at the BBC, not in normal life. :smt002

I forgot to include 'male' in my self-description.