Teams up v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Teams up v Saints

Post by Spicer »

How can you go from being brilliant for the first 30 minutes to absolute :censored: in the last 50? From being 21-0 up in 20 minutes to 27-27 in the last is absolutely terrible. We gifted away two tries. Cole's bad form continues. Real shame for O'Connor and O.Williams. How didn't get 5 points in unbelievable.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Phew! :censored: hell..............etc! I've got no fingernails left, no hair and no voice. We did our utmost to throw that away by overplaying and not being streetwise (as we once were) in a wet weather game at the end.

Relieved at the win, I don't think we deserved it. The disallowed try was a lucky break but equally I thought Cole's card was a harsh one.

As others have said the injury curse is back. Owen looked bad, best of luck to him, he's my mum's current pin up boy. She's offered to nurse him back to health. I hope the ice on BOC's leg is precautionary. Veainu and Kitch looked shaky going off.

A win is a win.................but where is the street wise, clamp it down. wet game of old?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

Don't get this down on Cole thing that a lot of people are on. Yellow card harsh it was open play nothing formed. He won 1 scrum penalty and and a fantastic turnover at a ruck plus is getting more involved in open play.
Maybe not the player he was last season but some do struggle after a World Cup and maybe married life is taking some getting used to.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Gramps wrote:Don't get this down on Cole thing that a lot of people are on. Yellow card harsh it was open play nothing formed. He won 1 scrum penalty and and a fantastic turnover at a ruck plus is getting more involved in open play.
Maybe not the player he was last season but some do struggle after a World Cup and maybe married life is taking some getting used to.
Agree. He is an excellent player that has lost form - but did seem to be getting it back today. One harsh yellow (without any previous offences). Hopefully he'll continue to improve and get back to the star player he was.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Big Dai wrote:Phew! :censored: hell..............etc! I've got no fingernails left, no hair and no voice. We did our utmost to throw that away by overplaying and not being streetwise (as we once were) in a wet weather game at the end.

A win is a win.................but where is the street wise, clamp it down. wet game of old?
Ditto on the fingernails (I didn't have hair to start with).

Have we become a fair weather team? Glorious play in the first 20 minutes (in the dry) but then it started to rain! Should be better for us in May!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Hollywood wrote:How Jammy are the Tigers!! And same old Leicester, always cheating!!

Deliberately tripped Courtney Lawes up as he went through the ruck to kick the ball out, and Barnes a Tigers fan typically missed it, incompetent as usual!!

Also Tiggers should play tag Rugby, high tackle what a laugh, even Healey / Kay said it was soft!! Paul Hill scored a perfectly good try!!

We'll see you at a packed Gardens, where hopefully you won't have 16 men with Wayne Barnes!!

Come on you Saints!!!!! :smt027
Ah a sore loser, it was close(closer than it should have been), let's blame the ref.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Hollywood: either your head is in the stars, or you are on GBBO. Either way, your view is less than objective. Cole gets a yellow for in at the side, Saints don't, neither do they for pulling down three times on the red zone.

Saints were poor in the first half but came out fighting in the second. There were decisions both sides could rightly question, as is always the case. Tigers won the first half, Saints the second, Tigers the match (just), after gifting two, arguably all Saints tries.
Valhalla I am coming!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Gramps wrote:Don't get this down on Cole thing that a lot of people are on. Yellow card harsh it was open play nothing formed. He won 1 scrum penalty and and a fantastic turnover at a ruck plus is getting more involved in open play.
He just seems to have lost his mojo and keeps losing his temper, some refs might have pinged him more often and earlier than they did.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Hollywood wrote:How Jammy are the Tigers!! And same old Leicester, always cheating!!

Deliberately tripped Courtney Lawes up as he went through the ruck to kick the ball out, and Barnes a Tigers fan typically missed it, incompetent as usual!!

Also Tiggers should play tag Rugby, high tackle what a laugh, even Healey / Kay said it was soft!! Paul Hill scored a perfectly good try!!

We'll see you at a packed Gardens, where hopefully you won't have 16 men with Wayne Barnes!!

What exactly did Saints create with ball in hand? I'd be more worried about how you're playing now than thinking about playing us at the allotment as it may well be completely meaningless by then.

It wouldn't surprise me if 'inaccurate' featured heavily in Cockers' post match interview.

A win is a win, still work in progress - good way to bounce back from Sarries even if we made hard work of it
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Ah a sore loser, let's blame the ref.
To be fair he/she has a point.
It must sting a little to be on the wrong end of that.
:smt022 :smt043
They should just play without a ref and have the TMO with a hooter.
Wait, they still can't get it right after several veiwings!
Or just toss a coin to find a winner and go to the bar instead.
Cheery chappy
castrofan
Tiger Cub

Post by castrofan »

I think that Hollywood was sitting behind us in the Goldsmiths :smt011 . We had to listen to the same awful opinions the whole way through the match. Felt very sorry for the two young tiger supporting boys sitting next to us.
I have never cheered so loud as when Freddie slotted his kick over :smt019
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

"Maybe not the player he was last season but some do struggle after a World Cup and maybe married life is taking some getting used to"

Are we really blaming Mrs Cole for King Cole's current predicament??!!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Our 16th man was Lawes: not Barnes. Cheers :smt023
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Just think! You would have won had you not let those three jammy tries in at the beginning of the game!

Same old Sinners..........Always Whingeing. And some of your fans are such NICE people too!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

tigercaspian wrote:"Maybe not the player he was last season but some do struggle after a World Cup and maybe married life is taking some getting used to"

Are we really blaming Mrs Cole for King Cole's current predicament??!!
No just saying that he wouldn't be the first athlete to be affected by a change in personal circumstances