Ticket pricing

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Ticket pricing

Post by Iain »

I've just had a little check on the website to see what tickets are left for a friend, and to be honest I'm a little shocked. I know the prices go up a bit the week of the game and I know that we're not completely out of step in most ticket bands compared to other clubs, but the Gold prices of £63 shocks me. £63! For a single game!

Now I grant you, having sat there for Marcos' testimonial the Gold seating in the MET Rx provides an outstanding view. Whether it's worth £15 more than a Silver view is open to debate, but it is a superb view.

However, where I do think they are taking the proverbial is with the Gold seats in the new stand. The block behind or in front is silver. The Gold block, still sitting behind the goal and being obstructed a little by the posts, is Gold because you get a padded seat. A £15 surcharge for each game for a cushion?? Really??

It just seems to me like someone with a marketing degree has bounced excitedly into the office and lectured everyone about value added and how they can add value to some seats in the new stand by putting padding on it. This seems to be their thing at the minute as padding is held up as a big marketing point for the hideously overpriced Try Line Club too. That in itself doesn't add value as far as I'm concerned. That's just something you receive in line with the eye watering price you're paying for hospitality.

£15 extra for cushioning!!?? How do the price setters sleep at night and who in their right mind is buying tickets in this block in an unfinished stand with no internal facilities.

Sixty three pounds!!!! Sixty three actual real life English pounds!!! I'm pretty sure that's double my first season ticket price.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ticket pricing

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Iain this was my gripe with coming to the boxing day game...£30 to stand seems ridiculous too

I think the club is alienating people from attending games..whilst season ticket holders get a good deal and rightly so these one offs seem far too pricey in comparison..

I for one will no be going again in a hurry especially when it is on TV and that is a sad thought..
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Well yes, as a season ticket holder it doesn't bother me greatly. 30-ish quid comes out of my account each month and I don't think too much about it. But to attract friends to come along it's getting harder, though I don't think the standing prices are TOO bad in comparison to other clubs.
cpwhelan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cpwhelan »

Iain - as per my posting yesterday, I have a ticket that I'd like to sell at the £45 face value if you're interested.
CPW
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

As a non-season ticket holder that does not live locally to WR I can say that the pricing is certainly a disincentive (along with the pricing/queuing for drinks, food etc.). As a result I now attend only a few games per season.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I've saw Royal Blood, Iggy Pop and the Foo Fighters playing for 6-7 hours for not much more than that last summer. Had to stand in a field and the beer was more expensive but still....

Personally I do think the prices are toppy for late purchasers but as ever it's a market and if the club can sell them....

It's up to the punters to vote with their wallet.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

cpwhelan wrote:Iain - as per my posting yesterday, I have a ticket that I'd like to sell at the £45 face value if you're interested.
CPW
I'm sorted thanks as I'm a season ticket holder. I'll ask my friend but I think they were a bit put off by the prices.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Our direct debit details have just arrived, increased by 50 p each per month, yes we are OAPs but seems very fair to me. :smt001
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

It must be the only Direct Debit where half way through a season you start paying for the next one. I pay for my electric, gas etc after I have used it. The Bronze sections in the ground have been reduced too so the costs of getting to a game with my lads just seemed far too expensive. The one day England Sri Lanka game at Edgbaston is better value.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Isambard wrote:It must be the only Direct Debit where half way through a season you start paying for the next one. I pay for my electric, gas etc after I have used it. The Bronze sections in the ground have been reduced too so the costs of getting to a game with my lads just seemed far too expensive. The one day England Sri Lanka game at Edgbaston is better value.
I have no issue with paying DD through calendar year. Could pay it across season - 9 months instead of the 12 - but that would increase monthly payment, big difference for some.

Enjoy Edgbaston.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

I have to agree with what I thought was silly pricing. I paid £35 (YAFTS as I am a student) for a seat in the Met-RX.
I'm not a regular visitor to WR, I usually watch Nottingham and unfortunately for me today just reinforced why. At Nottingham I pay £15 to sit. If I get the train- 1st class- a day out costs me £27 in total. Ok the stand is primitive but there's plenty of provision. Being jammed in like a sardine and being given constant dirty looks and tutting from a rude woman further along my row because I'm on crutches and I can't just jump out of her way is not my idea of fun. Neither is people practically climbing over me as I can't move fast enough. For all this privilege I paid all in nigh on £50 which is a lot of money for a broke student! I'll stick to Lady Bay I think....
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)