Injury latest

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Injury latest

Post by Iain »

tigerburnie wrote:Squad rotation is something we have not seen for a long time, mainly due to injuries, but if we are to compete effectively on all fronts and manage our players health and fitness, then rotation seems to be the best tool. I would rather we rotate some players than have them not fit to play, especially with a difficult trip to France next week.
This. It's amazing that there are people that don't get it.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:
Roly wrote:
Iain wrote:Perhaps Roly, but it's a bit much to moan about it before it's happened! The team hasn't even been named yet! You'll give yourself a stroke if you don't calm down.
I'm calm, calm as can be. I'm merely getting disappointed in advance for what will almost certainly be a squad rotation for what is perceived by many to be an 'easy' match.

5 Points is a 'must' against Treviso, however, I fear the club will settle for 4.

I hope not.
How can you possibly moan about something that hasn't happened yet, based on a selection that is also yet to happen!!?? Are you Nostradamus, or merely just miserable all the time!? How can you possibly have anything to be miserable about in this Champions Cup campaign??
Well, we can either discuss the merits of it now, or after the inevitable fact. Either way, its quite possibly worthy of discussion.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Roly wrote:
Well, we can either discuss the merits of it now, or after the inevitable fact. Either way, its quite possibly worthy of discussion.
Quoted and noted.

You won't be averse to me bringing this up when we win by a bonus point then?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:
Roly wrote:
Quoted and noted.

If the squad is rotated significantly, and win with a bonus point, you're welcome to remind me.

Right now, its much more interesting watching Noddy wet his pants over Eddie Jones' squad selection on the other article.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Roly wrote:
Iain wrote:
Roly wrote:
Quoted and noted.

If the squad is rotated significantly, and win with a bonus point, you're welcome to remind me.

Right now, its much more interesting watching Noddy wet his pants over Eddie Jones' squad selection on the other article.
Now this I am in agreement with. Noddy is generally amusing but this is good even for him.

And I look forward to coming back with a "told you so", which I know you will accept with good grace and in the spirit it was intended :smt023
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Actually, If a 5 point win is gained - then I wont mind.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Excellent!

Although I've just allowed you to manufacture a win-win situation. Blast!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:Excellent!

Although I've just allowed you to manufacture a win-win situation. Blast!
Too easy, way toooo easy... :smt002
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Rotation is essential but it doesn't have to be done en masse. Some people think we either put out our A or B team but the top teams change only a couple at a time and after a while every player can step in and not change how the team plays. Saracens are probably the best team at this. Little and often is the key and we now have the squad to do this.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Now that Mullipola is back fit and has been added to the European squad may I suggest the following team for this Saturday:

Forwards, Mullipola, T Youngs, Balmain, De Chaves, Kitchener, Croft, McCaffrey and Pearce.

Backs: Veianu, Goneva, Tait, Smith, Thompstone, Burns, B Youngs.

Subs: Thacker, Ayerza, Cole, Barrow, Crane, Harrison, Bell, Tuilagi.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
Roly wrote:You have to think that despite getting several scares from group 'whipping boys' in the Heineken Cup (as was) in previous years and despite getting handed their back sides on a plate v Saracens, the squad will be rotated again for the upcoming fixture and four points will be taken instead of the absolutely necessary five.
Getting the doom in early :smt002

As for "absolutely necessary five"...

Firstly that is your opinion, which you are entitled to, not fact, as your choice of words implies.

Secondly, "absolutely necessary" for what?

Thirdly, regardless of what, it depends on other results. If SF do not win in Munster (50/50?) or draw with a TBP, 4 points will see us top the group regardless. To get a home quarter depends on so many other results it's not worth speculating about. However as Wasps and Clermont are top of their groups with 14 points, 4 points against Treviso would put us on 22. If either lose one match, we would be in a strong position to get more points than the winners of their groups.
Not necessary?.... So, let me get this straight. If Tigers don't get 5 points, at home, verses the worst club in the group (and the Pro 12), you wouldn't be disappointed?

Right....
Roly: "Oh, I've been rumbled, quick, change the subject".

Just a quick reminder as the point under discussion was that you deemed 5 points to be absolutely necessary. I just pointed out that your opinion had a big flaw in it. :smt039

My happiness or otherwise was not under discussion and is irrelevant as far as this is concerned.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

It is absolutely necessary, because Treviso are not that good. Anything less than 5 points would be a serious concern.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:
Iain wrote:Perhaps Roly, but it's a bit much to moan about it before it's happened! The team hasn't even been named yet! You'll give yourself a stroke if you don't calm down.
I'm calm, calm as can be. I'm merely getting disappointed in advance for what will almost certainly be a squad rotation for what is perceived by many to be an 'easy' match.

5 Points is a 'must' against Treviso, however, I fear the club will settle for 4.

I hope not.
Peddling the same flawed opinion again. A 'must'? Why are they a' must'? Very desirable but, based on current standings the only reasons that I can see the extra point being a must is the desire to get maximum points from our remaining games. Depending on other results, whether we get 4 or 5 points could be irrelevant.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Roly wrote:

I hope not.
Peddling the same flawed opinion again. A 'must'? Why are they a' must'? Very desirable but, based on current standings the only reasons that I can see the extra point being a must is the desire to get maximum points from our remaining games. Depending on other results, whether we get 4 or 5 points could be irrelevant.
Peddling flawed opinion? The only flaw is that you consider my differing opinion to be flawed.

In my opinion, it a must 5 points because anything less against Treviso, at home, would be concerning. Maximum points is a must if you want to eliminate the fact that not doing so 'could be irrelevant'.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote:It is absolutely necessary
No it isn't. See my previous posts, which you not given any factual disagreement with.
Roly wrote:because Treviso are sheeite. Anything less than 5 points would be a serious concern.
Agreed. I'm not sure of my Latin, but I think think this is a non sequitur. The bit before the "because" is not related to the bit after it.