Injury latest

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Injury latest

Post by Chobbsy »

Bunchy wrote:on the positive front, good news that Fitzgerald, O'Connor, Betham and Matt Smith are available.
Backline to be
15 Tait
14 Veainu
13 Betham
12 Smith
11 Goneva
10 Burns
9 Youngs
Pack (my guess)
1 Ayerza
2 Youngs
3 Cole
4 Fitzgerald
5 Kitchener
6 Croft
7 O'Connor
8 McCaffrey

Bench
Logo, Thacker, Balmain
Pearce, Barrow
Harrison, Williams, Thompstone

Any takers?
Williams on the bench, not Owen surely?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Lincs Stu wrote:Is Crane injured? I've not seen it anywhere, but maybe I've missed it. Whilst IMO the back row options are currently far more effective, he always used to be a shoo in whenever fit, irrespective of his form.
Whilst a great servant of the club I think it has finally been decided he isn't quite up to the required standard of our front line players thankfully..

He is a great experienced back up and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him this weekend :smt023
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Not wishing to underestimate treviso in anyway but I think we have to use some squad players in this match and still expect a bonus point win. I would rest crucial but part injured players like O'Connor and overused players like Marcos and Tom young. Time for guys like Crane, Balmain, Kitto, Loggo to have some game time

Shame we can no longer discuss good old Leicestershire sayings I will put my best Coalville language joke on the chat forum instead!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Veainu should be fit for Saturday
Williams minimum of 8 weeks after surgery on a double jaw fracture.
O'Connor out for 4-6 weeks with a grade 2 hamstring tear.

All confirmed by Cockers in the press day.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

You have to think that despite getting several scares from group 'whipping boys' in the Heineken Cup (as was) in previous years and despite getting handed their back sides on a plate v Saracens, the squad will be rotated again for the upcoming fixture and four points will be taken instead of the absolutely necessary five.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Roly wrote:You have to think that despite getting several scares from group 'whipping boys' in the Heineken Cup (as was) in previous years and despite getting handed their back sides on a plate v Saracens, the squad will be rotated again for the upcoming fixture and four points will be taken instead of the absolutely necessary five.
Strange that you refer to Tigers in the third person. Most of us use the first person.
You are a Saints or Bath fan and I claim my £5 :smt044
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

L Smith wrote:
Roly wrote:You have to think that despite getting several scares from group 'whipping boys' in the Heineken Cup (as was) in previous years and despite getting handed their back sides on a plate v Saracens, the squad will be rotated again for the upcoming fixture and four points will be taken instead of the absolutely necessary five.
Strange that you refer to Tigers in the third person. Most of us use the first person.
You are a Saints or Bath fan and I claim my £5 :smt044
No. I do however recognise that I am not a member of the Tigers squad, and therefore referring to them in the third person is entirely correct.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Getting the doom in early :smt002

As for "absolutely necessary five"...

Firstly that is your opinion, which you are entitled to, not fact, as your choice of words implies.

Secondly, "absolutely necessary" for what?

Thirdly, regardless of what, it depends on other results. If SF do not win in Munster (50/50?) or draw with a TBP, 4 points will see us top the group regardless. To get a home quarter depends on so many other results it's not worth speculating about. However as Wasps and Clermont are top of their groups with 14 points, 4 points against Treviso would put us on 22. If either lose one match, we would be in a strong position to get more points than the winners of their groups.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

IMHO Roly has been clearly a troll for some time.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:IMHO Roly has been clearly a troll for some time.
You might think that JG, I could not possible comment!

:smt026
Still keeping the faith!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Getting the doom in early :smt002

As for "absolutely necessary five"...

Firstly that is your opinion, which you are entitled to, not fact, as your choice of words implies.

Secondly, "absolutely necessary" for what?

Thirdly, regardless of what, it depends on other results. If SF do not win in Munster (50/50?) or draw with a TBP, 4 points will see us top the group regardless. To get a home quarter depends on so many other results it's not worth speculating about. However as Wasps and Clermont are top of their groups with 14 points, 4 points against Treviso would put us on 22. If either lose one match, we would be in a strong position to get more points than the winners of their groups.
Not necessary?.... So, let me get this straight. If Tigers don't get 5 points, at home, verses the worst club in the group (and the Pro 12), you wouldn't be disappointed?

Right....
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Perhaps Roly, but it's a bit much to moan about it before it's happened! The team hasn't even been named yet! You'll give yourself a stroke if you don't calm down.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Iain wrote:Perhaps Roly, but it's a bit much to moan about it before it's happened! The team hasn't even been named yet! You'll give yourself a stroke if you don't calm down.
I'm calm, calm as can be. I'm merely getting disappointed in advance for what will almost certainly be a squad rotation for what is perceived by many to be an 'easy' match.

5 Points is a 'must' against Treviso, however, I fear the club will settle for 4.

I hope not.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Roly wrote:
Iain wrote:Perhaps Roly, but it's a bit much to moan about it before it's happened! The team hasn't even been named yet! You'll give yourself a stroke if you don't calm down.
I'm calm, calm as can be. I'm merely getting disappointed in advance for what will almost certainly be a squad rotation for what is perceived by many to be an 'easy' match.

5 Points is a 'must' against Treviso, however, I fear the club will settle for 4.

I hope not.
How can you possibly moan about something that hasn't happened yet, based on a selection that is also yet to happen!!?? Are you Nostradamus, or merely just miserable all the time!? How can you possibly have anything to be miserable about in this Champions Cup campaign??
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Squad rotation is something we have not seen for a long time, mainly due to injuries, but if we are to compete effectively on all fronts and manage our players health and fitness, then rotation seems to be the best tool. I would rather we rotate some players than have them not fit to play, especially with a difficult trip to France next week.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.