Injury latest

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Injury latest

Post by LE18 »

I think I heard one of the commentators say yesterday that JDV was walking around but he had a thigh injury and was some weeks away yet! Did I miss hear? :smt017
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

LE18 wrote:I think I heard one of the commentators say yesterday that JDV was walking around but he had a thigh injury and was some weeks away yet! Did I miss hear? :smt017
You are nearly right. The commentator said JDV had an on going calf injury likely to keep him out for a while yet. First we've heard of that!

Why do the club not tell us the truth about these injuries?
Soggypitch
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Soggypitch wrote:
LE18 wrote:I think I heard one of the commentators say yesterday that JDV was walking around but he had a thigh injury and was some weeks away yet! Did I miss hear? :smt017
You are nearly right. The commentator said JDV had an on going calf injury likely to keep him out for a while yet. First we've heard of that!

Why do the club not tell us the truth about these injuries?
Because they never have and never will, its all smoke and mirrors I always take any news on player injuries with a massive dose of salt. Apparently the reason being it gives the opposition an advantage :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

The longer his injuries continue the more his six month signing looks like not good business. Even if he is fit for Feb that means it only leaves 4 months left of the season.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote:
The longer his injuries continue the more his six month signing looks like not good business. Even if he is fit for Feb that means it only leaves 4 months left of the season.
Makes perfect sense to me

His contract started in December.

The season finishes in May.

6 months from Decemember (is June)

4 months of fully fit JDV is great.

An if it wasn't the case what other options were there? and certainly of his standard.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote:
sapajo wrote:
Makes perfect sense to me

His contract started in December.

The season finishes in May.

6 months from Decemember (is June)

4 months of fully fit JDV is great.

An if it wasn't the case what other options were there? and certainly of his standard.

How can a maximum of 4 months out of a six month contract signing of an injured player ever make perfect sense other than when the cost is peanuts :smt017
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Because what other options was there?.

This was always in my mind a stop gap signing between Toomua coming next season with the options of potentially staying if all goes well with both parties.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote:Because what other options was there?.
How can I possibly know?
RagingBull wrote: This was always in my mind a stop gap signing between Toomua coming next season with the options of potentially staying if all goes well with both parties.
Stop gap? Fact is we still have a gap which will not be stopped until he is fit and selected to play, whenever that may be?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What about that new signing ....... Been playing really really well.

What is his name
........................................................................................................................

Oh yeah Matt Smith
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote:Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What about that new signing ....... Been playing really really well.

What is his name
........................................................................................................................

Oh yeah Matt Smith
Agreed! JDV if and when fit is certainly not a nailed on starter and will have to fight Matt Smith for the shirt. Smith has been a revelation this season :smt023
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

To be fair wasn't Manu some time away from being fit about a week before he played against Treviso, Tigers always give made up injury news
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

I bet JDV isn't sitting on his backside. The benefit to players like Manu of having him around will be huge. People talk about Manu having a weakness in his defensive play - is there a better guy on the planet to help Manu overcome this?
Last edited by Will S on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

sapajo wrote:
You mean Tigers have signed an injured player? Well I never....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Roly wrote:
sapajo wrote:
You mean Tigers have signed an injured player? Well I never....
Surely you mean't to say yet another injured player?