Tigers vs Chiefs - is it 5th or 6th March? - UPDATED (06th)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AlphaWiseOwl

Tigers vs Chiefs - is it 5th or 6th March? - UPDATED (06th)

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

The fixture list says this game will take place on Saturday 5th March. If you go to the Buy Tickets page it is listed as being on Sunday 6th March. Does anybody know the confirmed date?
Tigerbeat

Re: Tigers vs Chiefs - is it 5th or 6th March?

Post by Tigerbeat »

According to the Premierhip website the game is scheduled for 05th March but guess TV fixtures need to be decided.

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/matchce ... OKGG706.97
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Yes I see that Tigerbeat - thanks, but why is the Club selling tickets for 6th March? We're travelling home by train from London that weekend so the confusion means we don't know whether we need train tickets for home via Leicester on Saturday or we go home on Saturday and then travel into Leicester (as usual) by road on Sunday. Fans really are held hostage to fortune with the TV broadcast schedules aren't we?
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:Yes I see that Tigerbeat - thanks, but why is the Club selling tickets for 6th March? We're travelling home by train from London that weekend so the confusion means we don't know whether we need train tickets for home via Leicester on Saturday or we go home on Saturday and then travel into Leicester (as usual) by road on Sunday. Fans really are held hostage to fortune with the TV broadcast schedules aren't we?
See the thread on Stade Tickets. It makes you feel de-valued as a loyal supporter, especially if you have any kind of travel requirements. I'm fortunate that I live within a short drive of the ground but I'm seriously questioning the level of cost and disruption involved with away travel.
:smt013
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Mjolnir

Post by Mjolnir »

As a wise man used to say, have you thought of contacting the club rather than asking a bunch of forum members?
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Ticket Office is closed until 4th January. Sorry to have invaded your space Mjolnir. I ask questions on the Forum because generally people are helpful and share information if they have it, without resorting to sarcasm.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Or checking the exeter website and the fixture time says TBC
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Now confirmed for 06th March - televised game - enough notice?

Aviva Premiership Rugby matches live on BT Sport - March and April
LONDON IRISH'S historic trip to New Jersey to take on Saracens has been selected for live television broadcast by BT Sport, Premiership Rugby can confirm today.
The first Aviva Premiership Rugby match to be played outside England will kick off at 8pm (UK time) live from the Red Bull Arena on Saturday 12 March.
This ground-breaking fixture is a milestone in the development of London Irish and of Aviva Premiership Rugby underlining the growing international interest in the league, while showcasing it in the biggest sports market in the world where rugby is currently the fastest growing team sport.
Taking place amidst the build-up to the St Patrick's Day festivities in the Big Apple, this London Irish home game will also be a celebration of Irish culture for the many thousands of first, second and third generation Irish people living in the New York region.
London Irish's match is the third game of that weekend to be broadcast live on BT Sport, with their cameras visiting the Rec the night before for Bath Rugby v Newcastle Falcons and earlier on Saturday for Wasps against Leicester Tigers at the Ricoh Arena.
The latest set of live TV selections kicks off at the start of March with Worcester Warriors' trip to Newcastle Falcons.
Once the RBS 6 Nations ends, BT Sport will broadcast a bumper four-match weekend at the end of March, starting with Exeter Chiefs' trip to Allianz Park on Saturday 26 March, ending with Northampton Saints hosting Harlequins in the fourth live TV match, 24 hours later.

The full list of matches in Rounds 15-19 is below.
Clubs not selected for live TV action in the RBS 6 Nations period are expected to alter some kick-off times in the coming weeks with all announcements coming through @premrugby and facebook.com/premiershiprugby.

The full list of all Aviva Premiership Rugby matches can be found by clicking here

Live TV selections on BT Sport

Round 15
Friday 4 March - 7.45pm...Newcastle Falcons v Worcester Warriors (Kingston Park Stadium)
Saturday 5 March - 3.15pm…Saracens v Northampton Saints (Allianz Park)
Sunday 6 March - 3pm…Leicester Tigers v Exeter Chiefs (Welford Road)

Round 16

Friday 11 March - 7.45pm…Harlequins v Bath Rugby (Twickenham Stoop)
Saturday 12 March - 1.45pm…Wasps v Leicester Tigers (Ricoh Arena)
Saturday 12 March - 8pm…London Irish v Saracens (Red Bull Arena)

Round 17
Friday 18 March - 7.45pm…Bath Rugby v Newcastle Falcons (The Rec)
Sunday 20 March - 1pm…Exeter Chiefs v Northampton Saints (Sandy Park)
Sunday 20 March - 3.15pm…Leicester Tigers v Saracens (Welford Road)

Round 18
Saturday 26 March - 3.15pm…Saracens v Exeter Chiefs (Allianz Park)
Saturday 26 March - 5.30pm…Gloucester Rugby v Bath Rugby (Kingsholm)
Sunday 27 March (Easter Sunday) - 1pm…Sale Sharks v Leicester Tigers (AJ Bell Stadium)
Sunday 27 March (Easter Sunday) - 3.15pm…Northampton Saints v Harlequins (Franklin's Gardens)

Round 19
Friday 1 April - 7.45pm…Bath Rugby v Saracens (The Rec)
Saturday 2 April - 3.15pm…Leicester Tigers v Gloucester Rugby (Welford Road)
Sunday 3 April - 3pm…Wasps v Northampton Saints (Ricoh Arena)
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
AlphaWiseOwl

Re: Tigers vs Chiefs - is it 5th or 6th March? - UPDATED (0

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Thank you Tigerbeat for your helpful reply and supportive attitude. That is exactly the kind of fan-to-fan reply I was hoping to see.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

The 2 mothers in my life are not going to be happy for the second year running on the 6th March.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
terraceite
Tiger Cub

Post by terraceite »

Wow that's at least 2 Saturday games this season :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

Thanks guys, I now know the Exeter game is on BT Sport.

That means I won't be coming up for a birthday treat, because it's 4 hours plus. Pity, but if it's on TV........ :smt039
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Cockers needs to be sacked for allowing the game to be played on 6th March. Its mothers day for crying out loud, its total abuse of fans. :smt003
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

'Tis Mothers Day! So bring yout mothers!! For the Match Day Experience!

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Still keeping the faith!