Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Team for Sarries

Post by Big Dai »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Big Dai wrote:You may be. Early hit goes unpunished, push as the ball goes in and lose head turns in. Evidence? Call from linesman and the fact we see far too much of lose head's backsides. Gill, Corbisiero and even our Marcos are all guilty.

We need a rethink of the scrum laws!
It would help if the referees applied the existing laws!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Concur! (To use your expression) But I remember the ball being struck to the No8 and IF they went for the 8 man shove they went from there. Not leave the ball where it is and try and drive over? They've fiddled around with the scrum and changed the basic objectives as far as I can see,
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Team for Sarries

Post by G.K »

Ah but if they enforced the laws it would remove all the "entertainment" from the scrums such as watching the synchronised diving and the loose head's posterior angling out.

Also we not have the amusement of the scrum half doing their flapping bird impressions and the joy of the props doing their bemused 'not me guv' Oscar routines.

It would also have a detrimental effect on the match gambling as then the "guess the angle of the feed" and the "which way will the ref's arm raise" bets would become meaningless.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.