Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Team for Sarries

Post by darganj »

Tigerbeat wrote:
darganj wrote:Cole doesn't even seem that bothered that he is getting owned in the scrum.

P
Not sure how you come to that conclusion as it was the first bit of play that Cole was involved in.

He's walked away from last 3 scrums not uttering a word to anyone or showing any expeession. Looks shot of confidence

Same again at 4th scrum
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Empty the bench and go for a LBP. Saracens playing like Saracens. Efficient, powerful, don't think we've been in there half so far in the 2nd half. Scrum is pathetic. Has been poor all season but this is abysmal. Garner will be itching for a hatrick of penalty tries.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Cole is getting mullered by Rhys Gill. Sad to see him like this. I wonder how big an effect that neck injury has had on him. Yellow card. I don't think I've ever seen that happen to him.
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

Tigerbeat, talk me through my conclusion now.

England are in trouble without Brookes as Cole and Wilson have been dire
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I do not recall any maul or scrum where we have not ended up running backwards. Abysmal. 18 penalties against Tigers so far, 69th minute.
Valhalla I am coming!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

You have to consider the surface which the props wont be used too and the fact he doesn't have 2 huge blokes pushing behind him, if we had Slater and M. Williams in the pack I guarantee we wouldn't be going backwards like we are
vanman

Post by vanman »

My first post on this forum.

Sarries are doing to us what we used to do to others; playing percentage rugby and pushing the laws to the limit.

I despair at the way the game is ref'd now, not just by the inept Garner we see today, but by most in the premiership.

What is the point of having a scrum, when you don't need to hook the ball as it is put behind your hookers feet?

What is the point of defending a maul when as soon as you end up on the attacking side of the maul, you are told to detach when this does not apply to the attacking side?

What is the point of a ruck when supporting attackers go beyond the tackle and block, whilst the tackled player hangs on to the ball?

What is the point of a line out when you can throw the ball in straight down your own line. whilst encroaching onto the pitch?

What is the point of a scrum, which used to be a means of re-starting the game, but is now a means of winning a penalty?

Rugby used to be a contest, at ruck/maul/line out and tackle - not any longer.

The answer to all the above is not that the laws have changed, just the way they are ref'd, and the way that players are taught to play the game.

I find it increasingly difficult to enjoy what used to be a great game - all for want of the laws not being applied.

Any thoughts?
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Getting totally stuffed
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Sorry.

This turned out to be the sacrificial lamb I feared. Not the end of the world but the forwards need to go to boot camp prior to welcoming Saints.

Still don't understand reffing at the scrum. Clearly heard "early engage black" on the telly...........nothing given.

Very easy to be negative after such a game but it is exceedingly frustrating when you've been given a lesson in professionalism.

Rude words follow!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Big Dai wrote:Sorry.

This turned out to be the sacrificial lamb I feared. Not the end of the world but the forwards need to go to boot camp prior to welcoming Saints.

Still don't understand reffing at the scrum. Clearly heard "early engage black" on the telly...........nothing given.

Very easy to be negative after such a game but it is exceedingly frustrating when you've been given a lesson in professionalism.

Rude words follow!
This exactly, and if it makes people feel any better Newcastle just beat Bath
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

He has just penalised Gill for pushing early. This shows the problem that any side has at Sarries as the hit is so important. Sarries have had it every scrum really until then. It is so difficult to scrum once the initial hit has been made, especially as they are quite heavy.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

How much does Dom Barrow remind you of MJ, he has been the first guy in the middle of all the fights and scuffles even when he hasn't started them :smt005
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

16 men win the game.....
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Sarries play really well on their plastic pitch, it suits their style.
However, we know they play on plastic so do we train on it, as ours at Oval Park is a composite and completely different.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Bowden Tiger wrote:He has just penalised Gill for pushing early. This shows the problem that any side has at Sarries as the hit is so important. Sarries have had it every scrum really until then. It is so difficult to scrum once the initial hit has been made, especially as they are quite heavy.
Should have been pinged before one of the penalty tries, that kick did go ten, plus TV being pinged as tackler when "ruck had formed". That dais we were completely done over. There was a gulf between these sides today, not a gap.

(Has a happy clap and waves flag! No remy though :smt011 )
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"