Team for Sarries

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Team for Sarries

Post by tigerburnie »

What's with the doom and gloom, that's our strongest available 23, player rotation is good man management, something that a lot of folk criticised us for not doing last year.
COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Doom and gloom? Realism.....pragmatism.......call it what you will. It's just a management of expectation. With a "rotated" squad in certain positions I don't feel the starting 15 is at volume 11. Therefore Sarries to win.

If anything else happens, red cards, yellow cards, Sarries do a Tigers and bomb chances, their kicking game and blitz defence gets refereed properly, we do a Sarries and take chances we may come away with something..................but I wouldn't bet on it.

Save resources for the important games ahead. Don't try to boil the ocean, unless it's a teaspoon at a time.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Looking forward to seeing our superstar full back on a fast surface.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I'm not happy with that team at all. The guys on the bench clearly aren't going to get a rest. They will still travel, go through the pre-match prep and warm up. Then after trying to keep warm and ready, they'll all be shipped on when we are 15-20 points down, coming in cold on a plastic pitch to try and salvage something from the game. The only player getting a proper rest is O'Connor.

So we are going to get our :censored: kicked down at Barnet, again. And then next week we'll be under the pump to get a result against a wounded Saints - so no doubt the starters will be back in the fray.

I seriously hope I'm wrong. Maybe the weather will ruin Saracens game plan and our boys can keep us in the game for when the cavalry comes on. We'll see.
Last edited by ourla on Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

ourla wrote:I'm not happy with that team at all. The guys on the bench clearly aren't going to get a rest at all. They will still travel, go through the pre-match prep and warm up. Then after trying to keep warm and ready, they'll all be shipped on when we are 15-20 points down, coming in cold on a plastic pitch to try and salvage something from the game. The only player getting a proper rest is O'Connor.

So we are going to get our :censored: kicked down at Barnet, again. And then next week we'll be under the pump to get a result against a wounded Saints - so no doubt the starters will be back in the fray.

I seriously hope I'm wrong. Maybe the weather will ruin Saracens game plan and our boys can keep us in the game for when the cavalry comes on. We'll see.
1) playing 20 mins is slightly less than playing 60- 80mins.
2) that will prob be the team come 6N IMO gives some players a much needed test.
3) In what world is saints @ home not already a must win game? We will always be under the pump when it comes to the saints games.

It's called player management and on sarries 4G pitch I don't blame them rotating.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

I must agree I'd rather we go one way or the other. Either totally rest the key 7/8 players who are obvious first choices at present and could do with a rest or send the best team and go all out for the win and get a proper yardstick for where we are at present compared to Sarries.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I actually think this game could end up being a draw. Not as high scoring a draw as the Quins v Glaws game was but a draw would be a good result given the team that's been named.

However if we do lose I really hope it's a close loss not like the score from the Bath games last season.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Have to agree with Ourla on this one. Except Betham is also getting a complete rest as well as OC. I really hope neither is injured.

Otherwise expect the cavalry on after 55-60 mins trying to make up lost ground....

Would love to be proved wrong, but fear another significant defeat at AP.
Soggypitch
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I am comforted by the fact that just like last seasons Bath debacle what ever now ensues at Sarries will be televised. :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Pellsey wrote:
RWA wrote:Sarries team is up.....pretty much full strength with Farrell on the bench.

We can then throw a fully fit Manu at them :)
When?
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

sapajo wrote:
Pellsey wrote:
RWA wrote:Sarries team is up.....pretty much full strength with Farrell on the bench.

When?
The final is in May, isn't it? :smt002
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Touche :smt023
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

sapajo wrote:
Pellsey wrote:

When?
if he's not fully fit by the final, maybe we can throw a fairly fat Manu at them? Skittles anyone?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

I'm disappointed as well. Yeah yeah, it's a long season/the title isn't won in December blah blah it's a marathon not a sprint. I'd rather see what we're made of and put the big guns out and take them on. Anyone can get injured at any time, even vs Treviso !! Players recover really well now, with physio, strength and conditioning etc so playing every week isn't a massive issue to these athletes. If I were a player, I'd want to see how I matched up vs the best current side in Europe potentially.
Timmers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timmers »

Surely you can't rest Betham after last weeks performance? that was arguably his best game for us, reaching match sharpness after a few niggles and then you get rested? He must be injured.

I'd like to have seen our strongest pack played from the start and our centre pairing makes me a little nervous. Huge game for Thacker!

The weather is due to change, becoming cold and clear with the wind dropping so should be good conditions for attacking rugby.

Tough test this one. Im sitting on the fence