Restrictions on access to catering outlets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Restrictions on access to catering outlets

Post by Bill W (2) »

Since tha bars and catering outlets cannot cope with demand when attendendence even falls short of a sell out, has the time come to restrict access to such to "members only" who pay a premium on their ST's to gain access to these facilities? :smt017
Still keeping the faith!
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Restrictions on access to catering outlets

Post by jonlin »

Bill W (2) wrote:Since tha bars and catering outlets cannot cope with demand when attendendence even falls short of a sell out, has the time come to restrict access to such to "members only" who pay a premium on their ST's to gain access to these facilities? :smt017
You do not buy into the #tigersfamily bit then Bill.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

jonlin wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:Since tha bars and catering outlets cannot cope with demand when attendendence even falls short of a sell out, has the time come to restrict access to such to "members only" who pay a premium on their ST's to gain access to these facilities? :smt017
You do not buy into the #tigersfamily bit then Bill.
No, he just wants to buy into the #corporatefamily :smt003
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Thought that's (part) of what the Try Line club and "Clubhouse" (washes mouth out with soap and water) provided? :smt003
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Thought that's (part) of what the Try Line club and "Clubhouse" (washes mouth out with soap and water) provided? :smt003
Just so. And those who run the club may see this as the "way forward".

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
ElvastonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by ElvastonTiger »

How about a simple IQ test before hiring the bar staff?
I can honestly say I've never come across such dullards.
This weeks examples, topping up a prefilled Tigers Cask Jug from the smooth tap. Plus handing out pre poored cider when asked for lager AND putting it back on the shelf when it was returned, having been sampled by my wife (who - having gagged on it- gamely returned from her seat to bring it back).
First world problems eh?
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

Its quite sad that the team closest to me geographically (Gloucester) seem to do this so well - queue up briefly, get served pre-poured drinks almost instantly, pay, leave. Its really not hard, and its baffling that its so poor at Welford Road. Same goes for food, with sensible portions and prices.

That said, the rest of the facilities, the ground and the team at Gloucester are pretty below par so one shouldn't complain too much, its not all doom & gloom :smt002
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

cheltexile wrote:Its quite sad that the team closest to me geographically (Gloucester) seem to do this so well - queue up briefly, get served pre-poured drinks almost instantly, pay, leave. Its really not hard, and its baffling that its so poor at Welford Road. Same goes for food, with sensible portions and prices.

That said, the rest of the facilities, the ground and the team at Gloucester are pretty below par so one shouldn't complain too much, its not all doom & gloom :smt002
In my experience in the Goldsmiths' concourse bars they do have a stock of pre-poured drinks, but the till service is abysmal. At the Munster match I tried to order a hot dog, about 30 minutes before kickoff, for my son. I was told they weren't "ready yet" and ordered a sausage roll instead... What did I get charged for? Yep, a hot dog. I didn't challenge them a) due to sympathy with the queue behind me and b) because I had no faith they'd actually understand the mistake they'd made.

The reports of only two bar staff who were till trained in the Droglites last weekend was disappointing too.
welshy08

Post by welshy08 »

Do you actually pay a premium for Season Tickets? I thought buying a Season Ticket worked out much cheaper over the course of a season than buying them using any other method?

Maybe season ticket holders should go to the back of the line?
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

welshy08 wrote:Do you actually pay a premium for Season Tickets? I thought buying a Season Ticket worked out much cheaper over the course of a season than buying them using any other method?

No. ST's are discounted."The Try Line Club" is, and "The Clubhouse" will be premium (i.e. costly) areas with their own bars, amongst other "benefits".
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

Has anyone else noticed that the Season ticket holder given the 'special' award/treatment at each Home game always seems to be trying the Try line Club that game . Funny that .
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

The Try Line Club" is, and "The Clubhouse" will be premium (i.e. costly) areas with their own bars, amongst other "benefits".

Do the benefits you refer to include the muck they call "Black Pitch", aka stout, comes in pints, with a novelty vile taste, but competitively priced against the Guinness, which you can't get in the ground floor of the new stand.

Onwards and Upwards.

:smt026
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

We've taken back the management of ticket re-sales. It's about time we took back the management of the bars and internal food outlets. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Noggs wrote:We've taken back the management of ticket re-sales. It's about time we took back the management of the bars and internal food outlets. :smt023
The Club has significant experise in ticketing in house. Whilst there are some of us who remember how much better the service was when run by Club Volunteers, I doubt if any of the staff or skills needed have been retained. They have been replaced by people who negotiate "outsourcing" contracts (badly)!
Still keeping the faith!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

welshy08 wrote:Do you actually pay a premium for Season Tickets? I thought buying a Season Ticket worked out much cheaper over the course of a season than buying them using any other method?

Season ticket holders know that the Swan and Counting House are better options. Let the casuals and away fans waste their cash inside the ground
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man