Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Round 5/6 Fixtures - Usual third rate treatment of fans

Post by Ads677 »

jonlin wrote:Stade game probably 1.00 UK time
Yes, times quoted are local times so 1pm here.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Seen it on the home page now.

Good job we're not coming back until Monday! :smt001
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Anyone booking for a European away game is pushing their luck if they don't incorporate Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons into their itinerary!

I know it adds to the cost, but the places we visit are worth an extra day or two!
Valhalla I am coming!
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

fleabane wrote:Anyone booking for a European away game is pushing their luck if they don't incorporate Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons into their itinerary!

I know it adds to the cost, but the places we visit are worth an extra day or two!
Good to know that all Tigers supporters are well healed enough to have regular long wekends with Friday days off so readily available that we don't have to worry about un-lucky decisions at a few weeks notice by the TV companies.

I don't expect anything will change. The TV contact is signed and they hold al the cards but that doesn't make it right. when the contract is next up for renewal it would be nice to think the club will fight for the supporters but once power is ceded it is hard to get back.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

For me personally the "late" announcement of a late evening KO for a home game is an absolute disaster. OK I have a two and a half hour drive home after the game. But 3 weeks notice barely gives enough time to organise a hotel so I can stay obvernight and avoid getting home in the early hours of the morning (which is what I do given adequate notice).
Still keeping the faith!
swanscombeboy

Post by swanscombeboy »

Well I think that is my season ticket gone next year, fed up with all of the late kick offs. I have to travel 11/2 hours each way so it makes a very long day. Will just buy tickets for matches that suit my timescale.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Bill W (2) wrote:For me personally the "late" announcement of a late evening KO for a home game is an absolute disaster. OK I have a two and a half hour drive home after the game. But 3 weeks notice barely gives enough time to organise a hotel so I can stay obvernight and avoid getting home in the early hours of the morning (which is what I do given adequate notice).
Within 1 minute I have discovered all 7 premier inn's in Leicester have availability for the night, not sure why 3 weeks isn't long enough to find a hotel
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

rdracup wrote: Good to know that all Tigers supporters are well healed enough to have regular long wekends with Friday days off so readily available that we don't have to worry about un-lucky decisions at a few weeks notice by the TV companies.
Personally, this fixture is an exception, not the rule. This is the first foreign European cup game that I've been to, with the exception of the Parisian final (I don't count Edinburgh or Cardiff) and convincing my wife to go to Paris for a long weekend wasn't hard. Especially with eurostar tickets going for £36 each way and Rugby to Euston being £23 return! Yes, you need the hotel (the most expensive part) and to eat and drink, but that's the weekend away bit and there are some deals to be had there as well - and, to be honest, I'd eat and spend a few quid on drink if I was at home! And as far as having the time off is concerned, even in these austere times, I am allowed some annual leave.

Overall, for a winter holiday and a match thrown in, not as bad as you might think. If you plan ahead.
Last edited by loretta on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

swanscombeboy wrote:Well I think that is my season ticket gone next year, fed up with all of the late kick offs. I have to travel 11/2 hours each way so it makes a very long day. Will just buy tickets for matches that suit my timescale.
All the late kick offs? That's two this season at home.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

dunks43 wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:For me personally the "late" announcement of a late evening KO for a home game is an absolute disaster. OK I have a two and a half hour drive home after the game. But 3 weeks notice barely gives enough time to organise a hotel so I can stay obvernight and avoid getting home in the early hours of the morning (which is what I do given adequate notice).
Within 1 minute I have discovered all 7 premier inn's in Leicester have availability for the night, not sure why 3 weeks isn't long enough to find a hotel
How kind of you to try and organise hotel accomodation for me.

Unfortunately it is not as simple as that.
Still keeping the faith!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

loretta wrote:
rdracup wrote: Good to know that all Tigers supporters are well healed enough to have regular long wekends with Friday days off so readily available that we don't have to worry about un-lucky decisions at a few weeks notice by the TV companies.
Personally, this fixture is an exception, not the rule. This is the first foreign European cup game that I've been to, with the exception of the Parisian final (I don't count Edinburgh or Cardiff) and convincing my wife to go to Paris for a long weekend wasn't hard. Especially with eurostar tickets going for £36 each way and Rugby to Euston being £23 return! Yes, you need the hotel (the most expensive part) and to eat and drink, but that's the weekend away bit and there are some deals to be had there as well - and, to be honest, I'd eat and spend a few quid on drink if I was at home! And as far as having the time off is concerned, even in these austere times, I am allowed some annual leave.

Overall, for a winter holiday and a match thrown in, not as bad as you might think. If you plan ahead.
I'm flying in and out on the day to save hotel costs and time off work.
Birmingham - CDG, departing 06:35 and landing back in Birmingham between 21:00 & 22:00,for £135 with Flybe.
There seemed to be plenty of seats free although that could be because others didn't want to pay extra for pre-allocated seats.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Mjolnir

Post by Mjolnir »

It doesn't matter what time the matches kick off, somebody somewhere is going to be upset. If you want to watch live European rugby, then 'inconvenient' start times are a fact of life so there's no point whining about them.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Mjolnir wrote:It doesn't matter what time the matches kick off, somebody somewhere is going to be upset. If you want to watch live European rugby, then 'inconvenient' start times are a fact of life so there's no point whining about them.
With all due respect, the post and the majority of the frustrations are due to the ridiculously short lead time for confirming the date and time.
Away supporters are a massive part of the matchday atmosphere, yet the EPRC organisers completely disregard them,in order for TV companies to dictate the schedule, based on latest results.
There should be a minimum 'confirm-by' period for the confirmation of games.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

As usual little consideration is given to fans who have to travel by public transport from outside of Leicestershire. a 7.45pm kick off means at best a 9.30pm finish which means yet again I'll have to sprint to catch the last bus home from Derby Rail Station to where I live. If we're going to have to have evening Kick offs can they be no later than 7.15pm please.
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

Just called ticket office to find out when tickets are on sale for Paris and was told they are taking bookings now so got mine booked. Please note ticket office closes at 1pm if you want to get yours now.
A citizen of hope and glory