Round 5/6 Fixtures - Usual third rate treatment of fans

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Round 5/6 Fixtures - Usual third rate treatment of fans

Post by Grimlish »

And small percentages of extremely large numbers make .....?

Who's to say (apart from your good self) that the percentage difference is small? Do you have access to the viewing stats?

Presumably the TV broadcasters have some rationale for their actions. What do you imagine it to be?
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

WhitecapTiger wrote:BBC Leicester Sport's twitter account stating that the kick off times for Rds 5 & 6 will be announced by Thursday morning (Thursday this week I presume :smt002 )
And if they do confirm this Thursday, will it be for both rounds?

I have to say that it really shouldn't take much time to make the decisions and surely three to four days after the last game is excessive.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Ads677 wrote:
WhitecapTiger wrote:BBC Leicester Sport's twitter account stating that the kick off times for Rds 5 & 6 will be announced by Thursday morning (Thursday this week I presume :smt002 )

I have to say that it really shouldn't take much time to make the decisions and surely three to four days after the last game is excessive.
The local police / council also have to agree as there are other factors involved in the timings... Football games / Concerts etc and not just in Leicester but also if france , wales, ireland or scotland, Glasgow have to at different time to celtic & rangers, Tigers different to City, Racing & stade different to Psg
ospreys different to swansea, it is just a complete minefield to make sure nothing conflicts
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

dunks43 wrote:
Ads677 wrote:

The local police / council also have to agree as there are other factors involved in the timings... Football games / Concerts etc and not just in Leicester but also if france , wales, ireland or scotland, Glasgow have to at different time to celtic & rangers, Tigers different to City, Racing & stade different to Psg
ospreys different to swansea, it is just a complete minefield to make sure nothing conflicts
I do agree dunks43, but since they already know the weekends assigned for the matches they ought to be at least 80% prepared if not more before last weekend's matches were concluded.

Having said that, it reminds me of a recent train trip to Birmingham which was "unexpectedly full" because of the German Market, an event which is planned, well known and has been happening for many, many years!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Ads677 wrote:
Well, as it said for Rounds 5 AND 6 I would surmise that it meant both rounds.......
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Ads677 wrote:
Well, as it said for Rounds 5 AND 6 I would surmise that it meant both rounds.......
Fair point :smt023
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

I can understand why the broadcast companies want to pick the most important games, as to book their slots too early could lead to the broadcasting of 'dead rubbers'. They also have to be mindful of issues outside rugby, as others have stated.
At the end of all that debate we are left with the supporters, who they are not interested in, as most will be attending games.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Hardly most seeing as for each side there is an away game to which "most" will not be able to go.
It is quite possible to plan things several years in advance if the will is there. Dead rubber games are not relevant. The bigger games are already known eg those involving Toulon, Clermont, Saracens and so on.

All of this should and could be organised in the close season.

It is a poor show and whilst I have not missed a European finals weekend for years I am now into my second season of missing most of Tigers games. I don't and won't have sky.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Isambard wrote:missing most of Tigers games. I don't and won't have sky.
Most of Tigers games will be on BT Sport....
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Bowden Tiger wrote:I can understand why the broadcast companies want to pick the most important games, as to book their slots too early could lead to the broadcasting of 'dead rubbers'. They also have to be mindful of issues outside rugby, as others have stated.
At the end of all that debate we are left with the supporters, who they are not interested in, as most will be attending games.
Exactly ... Northampton, or Leinster wont be the final game on any day , why would anyone watch the game knowing it has no meanigfull conclusion
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

According to yesterday evening's Tigerzine:

"EPCR say they hope to make an announcement on the evening of Wednesday, December 23 or the morning of Thursday, December 24."

This is for both rounds 5 and 6 kick off dates, times and broadcast coverage.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Ads677 wrote:
WhitecapTiger wrote:
Ads677 wrote: And if they do confirm this Thursday, will it be for both rounds?
Fair point :smt023
Sorry Ads677, that probably sounded a little condescending....wasn't meant to :smt023
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

Saturday 7.45 Treviso
Sunday 2.00 Stade
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

Stade game probably 1.00 UK time
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

jonlin wrote:Stade game probably 1.00 UK time
Source?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….