Eeyore

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Eeyore

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Slightly off track but in around 7 visits for Glaws never had a problem with their fans - always been good banter and no abuse. Not sure if I have been lucky or others have been unlucky. I know all clubs including our has some 'supporters' with questionable behaviour.
Also not an 'eeyore' fan and wish we had a stronger message from the PA for anybody breaking the silence when kicking underway. Second offence they should be evicted from the ground IMO.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

If people want to make donkey noises or even spout abuse there is a perfectly good venue for them to do so just down the road.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
catflap
Tiger Cub

Post by catflap »

I had to speak to the stewards on the crumbie a couple of times on Sunday due to a gang of feral children causing grief and giving people abuse. At one point I had to speak to them myself as they began mocking two older ladies who had remonstrated with them about their behaviour. They were about 13 or 14 years old and had no adult supervision nor any interest in the rugby. I ended up apologising to the munster fans around us due to their unpleasant behaviour. As a kid I wouldn't have dared behave like that to an adult. Horrible little individuals.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I seem to recall a post a couple of years ago of a lady who had taken her young daughter to an away game at Glaw. They were standing in the shed and when her daughter shouted in support of the Tigers she was turned upon by the locals around her and aggressively told to shut up. As a result the woman said shed would never travel there again or to any other away game.

All very sad :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:Slightly off track but in around 7 visits for Glaws never had a problem with their fans - always been good banter and no abuse. Not sure if I have been lucky or others have been unlucky. I know all clubs including our has some 'supporters' with questionable behaviour.
Also not an 'eeyore' fan and wish we had a stronger message from the PA for anybody breaking the silence when kicking underway. Second offence they should be evicted from the ground IMO.
My experience is the same as yours - only been once, Glaws v Edinburgh in the Heineken Cup in 2013, Edinburgh won, no problem at all, pretty much every Glaws fan on the way out of the shed said well done, handshakes and smiles in Teagues afterwards, all good.
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

I believe that we will have more of this type of thing as the popularity of the game increases. There will be, and always has been, a 'lively' element in most large groups. We have moved from crowds of 12k to over 20k during the last couple of decades, and certainly see more unsavoury incidents, possibly as a result of the increase.
What is important in the future, is that we deal with any bad behaviours and maintain the great inclusive atmosphere, that we have at Welford Road.