Team for Boxing Day

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7372
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Team for Boxing Day

Post by jgriffin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:34 pm

So who needs a rest, who needs some airtime?
Thought Balmain held his hand up tonight, Ed, Fred need the time on the park, Crofty, give McCaffery and BOC a rest!

Mulipola/Aguero
Thacker/Bateman
Balmain
Slater
Barrow
Croft
Owens
Pearce

Sam
Fred

Catchpole
Bai
Betham
Veainu
Tait

Bench full of returnees?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5738
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by Tigerbeat » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Freddie looked to be carrying an injury when he came off. Vainu also looked less than 100%

Ayerza and Kitchener had head injury assessments
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 9411
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by RagingBull » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:47 pm

Heard Freddie had cramps

Kitchener didn't come back on so likely out IMO.

Considering we have Saracens, Saints then European rugby coming up.
Would be tempted to go with:
1) Aguero
2) Thacker
3) Balmain
4) Slater (C)/De Chaves
5) Barrow
6) Croft/Slater
7) O'Connor/Corft
8) Pearce/Crane
9) Harrison
10) Burns
11) Betham
12) JDV (If Fit)
13) Smith
14) Camacho
15) Morris (if he looks good in a league game Monday)/Bell

16) Youngs
17) Ayerza
18) Tiz
19) De Chaves/Maksymiw
20) Crane/Pearce
21) Kitto
22) Bell/Bai
23) Manu (If fit)/Catchpole

If Bateman, Logo, Tait are still not right.

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2596
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Thurnby Lodge

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by Jimmy Skitz » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:52 pm

Aguero
Thacker
Balmain
Slater
Barrow
Croft
O'Connor
Crane

Harrison
Burns
Camacho
Bai
Smith
Betham
Bell

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by Spicer » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:18 pm

We should be able to beat Newcastle with a B team. However if we want a bonus point, put the strongest team out.
Since everybody is mixing the team up I would go with:
Aguero
Thacker
Balmain
Slater
Barrow
Croft
Owen
Crane/Pearce

Harrison
Burns
Catchpole
Roberts
De Villiers
Camacheo
Bell

However personally I wouldn't change the team much at all.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 9411
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by RagingBull » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:24 pm

Wouldn't change the team either if we weren't playing sarries and saints the weeks after.

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by Spicer » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:30 pm

RagingBull wrote:Wouldn't change the team either if we weren't playing sarries and saints the weeks after.
Fair point. If we do put out a weakened side then we need a very strong bench in case things go wrong.

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4718
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by sapajo » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Given the fact the Cockers has said Manu, JDV, Mulipola and Fonua will al be fit I expect them all to feature, I do not see why we should put out a second team against Falcons who are at the bottom of the league and save our first team for Sarries at the top of the league. I would go full pelt for the easiest win and 5 pointer.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7372
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by jgriffin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:41 pm

sapajo wrote:Given the fact the Cockers has said Manu, JDV, Mulipola and Fonua will al be fit I expect them all to feature, I do not see why we should put out a second team against Falcons who are at the bottom of the league and save our first team for Sarries at the top of the league. I would go full pelt for the easiest win and 5 pointer.
We had that discussion in the car, and for once I agree with you. The chances of a win at Allianz are small and the chances of a crucial injury on their artifical pitch high. Certainly wouldn't risk OW as he, like Nowell, may be susceptible to injury on an artifical pitch.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4718
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by sapajo » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:45 pm

jgriffin wrote:
sapajo wrote:Given the fact the Cockers has said Manu, JDV, Mulipola and Fonua will al be fit I expect them all to feature, I do not see why we should put out a second team against Falcons who are at the bottom of the league and save our first team for Sarries at the top of the league. I would go full pelt for the easiest win and 5 pointer.
We had that discussion in the car, and for once I agree with you.
Blimey it must be Xmas :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5242
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by WhitecapTiger » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:49 pm

sapajo wrote:
jgriffin wrote:
sapajo wrote:Given the fact the Cockers has said Manu, JDV, Mulipola and Fonua will al be fit I expect them all to feature, I do not see why we should put out a second team against Falcons who are at the bottom of the league and save our first team for Sarries at the top of the league. I would go full pelt for the easiest win and 5 pointer.
We had that discussion in the car, and for once I agree with you.
Blimey it must be Xmas :smt023
Must be a parallel universe...I agree too :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4718
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by sapajo » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:55 pm

jgriffin wrote: We had that discussion in the car, and for once I agree with you.
Blimey it must be Xmas :smt023[/quote]
whitecaptiger wrote:Must be a parallel universe...I agree too :smt002
Struth its infectious :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7372
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by jgriffin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:02 pm

Don't get used to it! :smt006

Merry Xmas! :smt031
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 9411
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by RagingBull » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:03 pm

I'm scared. :smt024

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4718
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Team for Boxing Day

Post by sapajo » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:06 pm

jgriffin wrote:Don't get used to it! :smt006

Merry Xmas! :smt031
jgriffin wrote:Don't get used to it! :smt006

Merry Xmas! :smt031

Cheers nice one :smt045
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests