Teams up v Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Teams up v Munster

Post by Bill W (2) »

parkerd68 wrote:I noticed on the Munster forum that one of their posters said that the worst thing about these two weeks is that Leicester "genuinely aren't very good".

Two things IMO. First, we are pretty damn good at the moment I think. Second, he/she obviously never saw a Tigers game last season!
If Tigers are not very good and yet beat Munster home and away, then that must make Munster extremely poor!

:smt016
Still keeping the faith!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

parkerd68 wrote:I noticed on the Munster forum that one of their posters said that the worst thing about these two weeks is that Leicester "genuinely aren't very good".

Two things IMO. First, we are pretty damn good at the moment I think. Second, he/she obviously never saw a Tigers game last season!
Where does that leave Munster then?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Munster were as good as Stains on a good day. No better.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

jgriffin wrote:Munster were as good as Stains on a good day. No better.
Point to prove on Jan 9th - can't wait :smt027 :smt027
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Bill W (2) wrote:
DickyP wrote:I'm sorry that forum members don't realise the only reason we lost last night was because of the referee

I was there. and I have checked the records. WE WON!!! Despite the referee constantly allowing them to be offside!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Sorry - THEY - lost: I knew what I meant so why didn't you guess? :smt023

Just goes to prove than even if I am a grammar and punctuation nerd I can still write rubbish! It's just normally syntactically and grammatically correct rubbish.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

You could always go and announce the results on Miss Universe! :smt005
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Bill W (2) wrote:

If Tigers are not very good and yet beat Munster home and away, then that must make Munster extremely poor!

Munster looked pretty good in both fixtures in just about everything except the ability to finish off their many promising moves. For that they should give credit to our absolutely outstanding defence, particularly last weekend, but they don't seem able to for some reason.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

TomWeston wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:

Munster looked pretty good in both fixtures in just about everything except the ability to finish off their many promising moves. For that they should give credit to our absolutely outstanding defence, particularly last weekend, but they don't seem able to for some reason.
Their inability to convert pressure into points shows how improved the Tigers defence was - not as good as it should be but Hanson is getting it there. The real test will be the games against Sarries, and I fancy the Tigers to take 'em :smt027 :smt027
Blabyboy

Post by Blabyboy »

Munster fan on the terrace- fair play, we have been beaten home and away but, neither Munster or tigers will even come close to winning this competition.

Well, Munster won't but I'm sure tigers have a shout. We have beaten the top14 champs haven't we?
I agree we are outsiders but for the first time in a number of years, this tournament is not being dominated by Toulouse or Toulon or Clermont or Leinster or Munster. I think this year the competition is open.
But not to Munster!!!! Chin up.
The sooner we get done, the more we can do !
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

To be fair, if we perform to the same level as we have started, I also don't think we will the Champions Cup. However, we still have not hit 5th gear and still have a few players to come back. If those players can come in to the team and perform the the high level and we do hit 5th gear, then I don't see why we can't far!

I'm not saying we have been poor this season (far from it) but I think we still need to improve further for us to win the Champions Cup.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ellis9 wrote:I'm not saying we have been poor this season (far from it) but I think we still need to improve further for us to win the Champions Cup.
I'd agree but would add that all teams may have to up it a bit. Even Saffacens who appear to be flying (one point ahead of us after 4 games) but, Ulster were well below par when they played, Ulster have upped their own game now, Toulouse were abysmal - the only French team to play (their own decision) once the extent of the Pairs attacks had been revealed iirc, but weren't much better against Ulster. Oyonnax? Well, after a great season last year they have fallen off quite badly IMO, they looked v poor against Sarries. Not to take anything away from Sarries they've done all asked of them, but that group has IMO under achieved and not been as tough as it looked to be.

Knockout rugby and the pressure it brings can do strange things, anything can happen. (other clichés are available)
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

ellis9 wrote:To be fair, if we perform to the same level as we have started, I also don't think we will the Champions Cup. However, we still have not hit 5th gear and still have a few players to come back. If those players can come in to the team and perform the the high level and we do hit 5th gear, then I don't see why we can't far!

I'm not saying we have been poor this season (far from it) but I think we still need to improve further for us to win the Champions Cup.
It is really early days under Mauger and as Dan Cole says in his interview, buying into the new system and the hand skills that go with it is a big big change. Even Cockers has bought into it!! So, lets not get ahead of ourselves and just keep backing the club to win every time. Will the Tigers win the ERC - why not? After the pool stages it is knockout rugby and not many teams do that better than Tigers regardless of form. I really don't see the Tigers hitting a constant form of play for a season or two. Sarries have taken around 4 years to get to where they are and Wasps are still in the making. Patience is everything and as long as there is a continued progession of form and ability, given the change in players that will inevitably happen along the way, the Tigers will win silverware. The change so far in the way the Tigers play is refreshing - the ability to go wide with confidence and pace coupled with the same Tigers grunt is OK for me?