Teams up v Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Brianf

Teams up v Munster

Post by Brianf »

Well...the Munster team anyway...courtesy of their website

Andrew Conway; Keith Earls, Francis Saili, Denis Hurley, Simon Zebo; Ian Keatley, Conor Murray; James Cronin, Mike Sherry, John Ryan; Mark Chisholm, Donnacha Ryan, Robin Copeland; Dave O'Callaghan, CJ Stander Capt.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Dave Kilcoyne, Mario Sagario, Dave Foley, Jack O'Donoghue, Tomás O'Leary, Rory Scannell, Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino.

A couple of changes, but a similar team to the one they put out last week.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Teams up

Post by RagingBull »

Tigers team
1) Ayerza
2) Youngs
3) Cole
4) Fitzgerald
5) Kitchener
6) Slater (C)
7) O'Connor
8) McCaffrey
9) Youngs
10) Burns
11) Goneva
12) Smith
13) Betham
14) Thompstone
15) Veainu

16) Thacker
17) Aguero
18) Balmain
19) Barrow
20) Croft
21) Harrison
22) Bell
23) Bai
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Tigers team (According tohttp://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/lineups.php) :

15. Telusa Veainu; 14. Adam Thompstone, 13. Peter Betham, 12. Matt Smith, 11. Vereniki Goneva; 10. Freddie Burns, 9. Ben Youngs; 1. Marcos Ayerza, 2. Tom Youngs, 3. Dan Cole, 4. Michael Fitzgerald, 5. Graham Kitchener, 6. Ed Slater, 7. Brendon O'Connor, 8. Lachlan McCaffrey

16. Harry Thacker, 17. Matias Aguero, 18. Fraser Balmain, 19. Dom Barrow, 20. Tom Croft, 21. Sam Harrison, 22. Thomas Bell, 23. Seremaia Bai

Good to see Betham and Croft back, just hope that Freddie can find his form quickly after injury. Relatively confident of a win- especially with that pack and with Munster missing Botha the scrum could really go Tigers' way! A shame for Owen- just hope he's back quickly.

Edit- Just beaten to it!!
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Good side. Hope we are a bit smarter at the breakdown on Sunday. We seem to have a habit against Irish sides away from home of failing to identify when and when not to throw more players in to defend our ball - Ulster have killed us with that on a couple of occasions!

Glad to see Freddie back too. I'll say this now, I am a big fan of Owen Williams but if you are talking about who has more out and out natural ability, Burns gets the nod for me - with confidence and a good pack, he could be exceptional under Mauger.

I'm sure we'll be looking to target Keatley as well. A lot of Munster fans seem to think his confidence was shot after last weekend so it would be good to test his channel out pretty early on to let him know that this week will not be any easier.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

[quote="PM76"]Tigers team

'just hope that Freddie can find his form quickly after injury.'

He is going to need it, as there will be some big runners up the 10 channel? If the Tigers can soak up the pressure that Munster will certainly bring then, game on 4 pts :smt027 :smt027
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerCam wrote:If the Tigers can soak up the pressure that Munster will certainly bring then, game on 4 pts :smt027 :smt027
At home we should be looking to be the ones turning the screw, although admittedly, Munster's Euro campaign is precarious (understatement?) if they lose this one so they'll inevitably be hammering away.

Keep calm and play our own game, try dictate the tempo, they'll have their time of course.

Let's play to win and not play not to lose.

4 pts as a starting aim, 5 points desired :smt002 (8 points overall from home/away Vs Munster would be a great return though)
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

4 pts as a starting aim, 5 points desired :smt002
Let's not get greedy… any win will do. The interesting dynamic will be that Munster have no interest in the LBP and we don't mind if they get one… a rarity at this stage in a pool game against a team like Munster.

Good luck to Freddie… what a game to come back to after 2 months off. Hope all the crowd get behind him and don't expect perfection straight off the bat!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

A win has to be the primary aim; after last week a bonus point becomes less of an issue (unless it's a LBP!). We should expect to get the 5 against Treviso which would put us on 23pts leaving us to get what we can in Paris. Looking at the other pools that puts us in a reasonably good position for a home QF.

The try bonus point shouldn't even come into our thinking until we might be lucky enough to be in a position with 3 tries and a healthy lead.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

MrPartridge wrote:
4 pts as a starting aim, 5 points desired :smt002
Let's not get greedy… any win will do.
Any team running out onto the pitch should be aiming for a 5pt win.

Optimistic. Ambitious. Instead of 'greedy'.

Reality bites of course, Munster won't be coming along just for the ride :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Tigers should be going out to do to Munster what Ulster did to Toulouse, no faffing about please.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Any kind of a win will almost guarantee us a home QF, which will be brilliant especially if we have "everyone" back from injury.

I predict a big rotation for the Falcons. Can see the whole front row, Fitzgerald, O'Connor, McCaffrey, YBY, Niki and Veainu all being rested/benched in some cases.

We should still have plenty of fire power to win that however and rest those that need it for Sarries/Saints.
Soggypitch
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Any kind of a win will almost guarantee us a home QF, which will be brilliant especially if we have "everyone" back from injury.
Totally agreed on the first part of this… 2nd part…. no team never gets a full bill of health in pro-rugby these days. 5 injured minimum pretty much at all times. It just comes down to who those 5 are… if it is Owen, Freddie, TY, Cole and Marcos we're up the creak…

I love the looking forward to the 5 points v Treviso already by some… a dangerous game to play…

As for the Newcastle game… perfect for Manu and JDV if fit… if not I'd expect to see them agains the aforementioned Treviso.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

MrPartridge wrote:
Totally agreed on the first part of this… 2nd part…. no team never gets a full bill of health in pro-rugby these days. 5 injured minimum pretty much at all times. It just comes down to who those 5 are… if it is Owen, Freddie, TY, Cole and Marcos we're up the creak…

I love the looking forward to the 5 points v Treviso already by some… a dangerous game to play…

As for the Newcastle game… perfect for Manu and JDV if fit… if not I'd expect to see them agains the aforementioned Treviso.
That's why I put "everyone" in quotes Mr P! I meant a largely fully fit squad, with particular emphasis on the centres...

As for Treviso I can think of many more dangerous games than expecting 5 points at home, no doubt you will tell us the odds nearer the time! If you want to back that Leicester will not get 4 tries that day, I'll give you 5/1 now! :smt002
Soggypitch
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Teams up v Munster

Post by tigerburnie »

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRRrrrrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Teams up v Munster

Post by Tomvarndell »

We look to have a better team out than last week and Munster missing a key player from last week. A decent start and this could be very comfortable. I can't help thinking that they are there for the taking.