Teams up v Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Teams up v Munster

Post by WhitecapTiger »

tigerburnie wrote:Great job done well, not over yet, but Treviso at home for the next fixture must be one to relish for all. Taking nothing for granted, but a home semi is looking a tad more than a possibility now.
COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrsssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Let's get a home quarter final first..... :smt002 :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Superb battling performance against a wound up Munster team, they were all over the break down in the first half, some very interesting decisions by the French ref, it was good to see us slug it out, McCaffrey was outstanding, all over the park with the big hits and always looking to nick the ball away Veainu was outstanding, his track back to save the try was superb, Smith, Betham looked sharp and made some big tackles and breaks, Fitzgerald and Slats were athletic and combative throughout.

Hopefully Burns and Kitch are ok. Tigers of old that performance!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Must say that whilst I recognise Foley's distress at their loss yet again he said Munster should have won the match but for their errors and made no reference to Tigers whatsoever. Contrast that with Cockers warm praise of Munster.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

sapajo wrote:Must say that whilst I recognise Foley's distress at their loss yet again he said Munster should have won the match but for their errors and made no reference to Tigers whatsoever. Contrast that with Cockers warm praise of Munster.
It is always easier to be generous to your oponents when you have won!!

:smt006
Still keeping the faith!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:Must say that whilst I recognise Foley's distress at their loss yet again he said Munster should have won the match but for their errors and made no reference to Tigers whatsoever. Contrast that with Cockers warm praise of Munster.
A coach feeling the pressure and worrying about losing his job........and Foley too!

I didn't hear the interviews but at least Foley couldn't blame the ref this week, Munster got far more of the decisions today - head scratchingly so at times
Bill W (2) wrote:It is always easier to be generous to your oponents when you have won!!

Cockers is always honest (and generous), win, lose or draw.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:It is always easier to be generous to your oponents when you have won!!

Cockers is always honest (and generous), win, lose or draw.
Cockers has been known to express his opinions somewhat forceably, and in anglo saxon! I never doubt his honesty!
Still keeping the faith!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Some interesting quotes from back when we were linked to McCaffrey.
TigerLad wrote:Wouldn't mind O'Connor, 20 odd games for Auckland in Super rugby so hopefully he's decent. Don't want McCaffrey to be honest. He hasn't really stood out for Welsh so I don't see why we'd be looking at him?
sapajo wrote:Agreed and frankly its depressing we need quality not quantity. Perhaps London Welsh is this years Treviso but I sincerely hope not.
Spicer wrote:As for McCaffrey, couldn't be more underwhelmed.
:smt002 :smt003
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

RagingBull wrote:Some interesting quotes from back when we were linked to McCaffrey.
TigerLad wrote:Wouldn't mind O'Connor, 20 odd games for Auckland in Super rugby so hopefully he's decent. Don't want McCaffrey to be honest. He hasn't really stood out for Welsh so I don't see why we'd be looking at him?
sapajo wrote:Agreed and frankly its depressing we need quality not quantity. Perhaps London Welsh is this years Treviso but I sincerely hope not.
Well, well, well. :smt003
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Spicer wrote: Ref was awful.
So who was the French Referee ??? The Tigers match report states Romain Poite but the 13th paragraph states Jerome Garces.
http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/23922.php
Furthermore who ever was on the microphone cannot identify our players as Kitchener returns from the sin bin - No it is Barrow!! and Subs came on then announced later & still wrong.
Worst of ALL the queues for all the toilets on the Crumbie side with Supervisors blocking the entrances & insufficient temporaries outside, the second half was well underway by the time we dewatered.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

wormus wrote:
Spicer wrote: Ref was awful.
So who was the French Referee ??? The Tigers match report states Romain Poite but the 13th paragraph states Jerome Garces.
http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/23922.php
Furthermore who ever was on the microphone cannot identify our players as Kitchener returns from the sin bin - No it is Barrow!! and Subs came on then announced later & still wrong.
Worst of ALL the queues for all the toilets on the Crumbie side with Supervisors blocking the entrances & insufficient temporaries outside, the second half was well underway by the time we dewatered.
Ref was Garces, Poite was last week. Does a typo matter all that much?

To be fair to announcer, when Barrow came back on from Sin bin he'd changed from his 19 shirt (that he first came on in) and went out with 5 on his back, semi-understandable then that the announcer saw a big bloke wearing 5 running across the pitch and called out Kitchener. OK so maybe they could have done their homework, but not exactly Earth shattering.

If it's that annoying then watch on TV at home and use your own bathroom :smt005 :smt002
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

WhitecapTiger wrote:... when Barrow came back on from Sin bin he'd changed from his 19 shirt (that he first came on in) and went out with 5 on his back ....
Would that create an offence carrying a points deduction, either in itself or by creating an inaccuracy in the match information submission? :smt018 :smt022
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

h's dad wrote:
WhitecapTiger wrote:... when Barrow came back on from Sin bin he'd changed from his 19 shirt (that he first came on in) and went out with 5 on his back ....
Would that create an offence carrying a points deduction, either in itself or by creating an inaccuracy in the match information submission? :smt018 :smt022
His 19 shirt was ripped, maybe the fourth official was content that the only spare had a 5 on it........ :smt003
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
h's dad wrote:
His 19 shirt was ripped, maybe the fourth official was content that the only spare had a 5 on it........ :smt003
Quite often you seem them coming back on with blanks. I hope this was sanctioned by an official.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

RagingBull wrote:Some interesting quotes from back when we were linked to McCaffrey.
I ate my humble pie regarding Mcaffrey a long time ago. I dont think many people can honestly say they were enthused by the signing but he's been a revelation. Player of the season so far for me. Apparently his mother is English :smt047, he's played for Aus u20's but would be be eligible for England? If he keeps playing like this he must be in with a shout of the England squad.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

MrPartridge wrote:
Betham has wheels! His try saving tackle was epic!

The one where Saili picked up loose ball and nearly went the full length of the pitch? That was Veainu on Saili and then Thompstone following up on Zebo. Unless I missed another try saving tackle?
Apologies my mistake… still Betham is no slouch and we now have genuine pace. :smt002

One thing I'd love to see Tigers work on is looking for the occasional drop goal. We had the ball on the Munster 22 after 38 minutes and a DG would have put us 13-3 up at HT. We tried to batter over for the try line, gave a penalty away for holding on and 2 minutes later walked in at HT 10-6 up and down to 14 men. Of course 7 points is always desirable, but the really top sides know when it is the right time to build an insurmountable lead bit by bit.

Can't disagree with any comments on Matt Smith. A man re-born!