Why I Can't Vote for the Goldsmithi's December Player Award

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AlphaWiseOwl

Why I Can't Vote for the Goldsmithi's December Player Award

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Up until now I have been able to place my vote for this Award without any trouble. This month, I am prevented from doing so by a pop-up page urging me to sign up to Facebook or log in with an existing account. I neither have, and definitely will never want, a Facebook account and there is no option for me to get rid of the pop-up page. Therefore, I cannot vote. Am I the only person on the planet who has absolutely no need for Facebook, Twitter or their like?
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Why I Can't Vote for the Goldsmithi's December Player Aw

Post by Qbec »

No your not the only one AWO I too have no desire to join the electronic comms system.
But I am also unable to vote!
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Mjolnir

Post by Mjolnir »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:Am I the only person on the planet who has absolutely no need for Facebook, Twitter or their like?
No. I flatly refuse to join the flock. I have no compulsion to share inane comments or meaningless photographs with people over the net. If I wish to communicate with someone, I've found texting, emails or phone calls fulfil my needs perfectly.

As for the voting, I entered a false name and email address and the system accepted my vote without any problems. AWO, I didn't get the Facebook pop-up page, just something telling me Goldsmith's is on Facebook. Are you using any ad blocker or pop-up blocker software? If not, I'd recommend Adblock - it works for Firefox, Chrome, IE and Safari.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Thanks Mjolnir, I'll look into that but I don't know why this has suddenly happened. I tried the link from Tigerzine this time and got a different blocker from Goldsmiths, appearing to make signing up for updates from them on Facebook, a condition of voting. The only options are Sign Up or Log In. No option to close the advert and move on whatsoever so I won't be voting unless they take this blocker down. The ad actually blacks out the bottom half of the page and moves up and down as you scroll. Irritating to say the least. I understand that sponsors are needed but this is a bit OTT. As for Facebook and Twitter, I am barely interested in what I am doing most of the time and if other people are, then maybe they need to get out more :smt024
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

You have to be a twitter or a face book follower, don't you?
Mjolnir

Post by Mjolnir »

Noddy555 wrote:You have to be a twitter or a face book follower, don't you?
No. I followed the link from the news item which took me to here. I then scrolled down, chose my player, entered my details and submitted it.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

Me too . Won't bother again .
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I too refuse to accept the requirement to subscribe to faceache or whatever it's called.

However thanks to Mjolnir for your link in your post below. I was able to vote via that without all the nonsense. Many thanks!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

For Mjoiner and mike, I voted that way to via the link on the tigers news page and it worked and my vote was submitted. Why didn't it work for you too?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Does voting really matter, I thought they just rotated around the team, your turn this month, etc, ? Helps with the celery cap! :smt005
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Now LE1 you are classing the tigers in the same Category as the BBC strictly come dancing farce, no I think player of the month is genuinely picked by the fans.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Noddy555 wrote:Now LE1 you are classing the tigers in the same Category as the BBC strictly come dancing farce, no I think player of the month is genuinely picked by the fans.
Only partly true - it's more like the voting in a one-party state: you can vote for anyone you like as long as they are one of the three candidates on the official party list.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Mjolnir

Post by Mjolnir »

DickyP wrote:Only partly true - it's more like the voting in a one-party state: you can vote for anyone you like as long as they are one of the three candidates on the official party list.
My sentiments exactly, DickyP.

Personally, I don't see the point in this. The backs only see their watch as a pretty bracelet and none of the forwards can tell the time. :smt002